What are you listening to now? V5 (Part 1)

Okay, now I’m on a Beatles kick

5 Likes

…and some proggy stuff from the album Snow by Spock’s Beard

3 Likes

Jazz is Love, Jazz is Life

4 Likes

RIP George, you are missed.

5 Likes

Who’s George Harrison?

NVM, I just googled him and he was the 4th Beatle. He was famous for being the sidelined one.

1 Like

All Things Must Pass is so good

1 Like

Was still in High School when I saw them lol :stuck_out_tongue: Now old and reminiscing

2 Likes
3 Likes

I’m a-pickin and a-grinnin :smiley:

3 Likes
2 Likes

really some great music coming from Scandinavia these days. My latest is diggin Sigrid:

Some other pop rock that’s been piquing my fancy:

(I dig the Huey Lewis reference)

(this The Strokes member solo cut reminds me of the Stone’s “Can you hear me knocking” with 21st century fidelity)

And because this is such a good groove, and one of my favorite rappers (for those who dig that jazz):

2 Likes

Such a killer genre:

And when classic rock/prog rock gets a jazz standard, you can hear how much depth jazz can give a song. Listening to all those modal shifts and tapestry that jazz has. Jazz is like painting with a million colors, versus a standard set. It allows for such incredible expression.

3 Likes

Some chill, spacey music for a Sunday night:

I’ll have to edit this to add another 70’s prog rock, but of the Canterbury genre:

4 Likes

“I LOVE Uriah Heep.”
/dance

2 Likes

You’re a saint!

listen to this!? how can someone sound like Ann Wilson that damn well!?

Or this, combining the dual Steve Lukather/ Bobby Kimball vox?

Or, or, emulating Stephanie (stevie) nicks?! (edit to add that I LOVE the phrasing Lauren [lead singer] adds at 4:02)

2 Likes

“Anytime. I love the songs you post.”
/smile

1 Like

Right back atcha! I never got to live through some of these amazing pieces, so I do my best to search for them.

1 Like

“I’ll be sharing some songs later. Right now I am watching a Bruce Lee Movie Marathon.”

1 Like

There is not enough time to listen to all the greats:

And then some of the greats being covered by other greats

And then there’s just straight sublime:

2 Likes

Lou Gramm sings the hell outta this live version

4 Likes