What are you gonna do if the next expack fail like BFA or is worse and WoW shutdown?

That would be a bit crazy if it happened, but what are you gonna do? If it ever happen for real, i guess i would move to FFXIV or something.

1 Like

BFA didn’t really fail, did it? It just launched poorly. Doing fine now, I’m pretty sure.

25 Likes

Cry uncontrollably for a thousand days and nights.

7 Likes

The trend is usually good expac - bad expac - good expac - bad expac.

15 Likes

Cancel what sub I had left and completely uninstall WOW off my computer and go play Diablo 3 full time.

BfA is recovering actually, imo. Once upon a time, MoP was considered a terrible expansion at release. Dull content, ludicrously grindy, and a constant feeling of both too much to do and nothing to do. It didn’t become a beloved expansion until a couple major patches later.

9 Likes

Except that this trend can eventually be broken :frowning: which is what i am fearing.

You and me both, bud. Though to be fair Classic is a good thing considering the amount of subscribers to the base game will rise - since they share the same sub.

I like BfA, but if I don’t like an expansion now I guess I could play classic, because I already know I like classic. I could also see if I can collect every piece of transmog in the game

Watcher will just spin it like anything else and blame the players as usual while Lore quietly sits there sighing and fawning at his Manfu

theyre kind of like Smithers and Mr Burns

20 Likes

i bet ur pretty sure that realtor sold you some good ocean front property in Kansas too eh?

16 Likes

i’ll play diablo mobile, i have a phone.

2 Likes

Keep playing Classic.

10 Likes

Gonna find another game. I still enjoy BfA but it wouldn’t be hard to replace, tbh.

2 Likes

That’s BFA right there, lots of stuff to do, none of it fun.

12 Likes

As long as Blizzard makes mad tons of money off the initial expac sales push, WoW won’t shut down. I’m fairly sure they make more than enough money to keep WoW going off just expansion sales alone, not counting what subs they do have to the game, and even further not counting sales of mounts, boosts, and game services.

That’s not me saying BFA is a good expansion, just that their expansion sales are probably more than enough to encourage them to keep WoW going even if the expansion isn’t that great.

1 Like

Fair, I haven’t spent this much time messing around with old content since WoD

2 Likes

Play classic for a while, go on with my life.

WoW is going to die sooner or later. That’s just a fact. There’s no point in overthinking it. Will that end come anytime soon? Well… Everquest has been going for 20 years and counting, so you tell me.

1 Like

its a given that if theres money to be made stuff will endure after all Hershey bars dr pepper coke and pepsi are all well over 100 years old and still showing no sign of slowing down even to this day

edit actually EQ is even older than that it has been around since near the end of the 1980s it was one of the very first MMOs to actually appear on the internet

So EQ is almost as old as I am. I doubt WoW has anything to worry about.