What are you goin to play in Df

So question is in the title are you going to stay a mage if so what spec? Or look at moving on to something else.

I am undecided between Mage/Hunter. I like both and like elements of both classes.

2 Likes

I will play mage as overall i think it landed in a generally decent spot, being similar or better then it is now in live, with 3 specs for me to experiment with. It could have been better, but im not disapointed. I really hoped for the mages 3 defensives on the main tree.

Side note, For the first time, i might play an alt, as it seemly doesn’t have so many strings, not sure the class, but he will most certaily be name Pinocchio

2 Likes

Mage looking great imo. I mean I already was going to play it but after the past couple weeks it’s looking like fun for all 3 specs if the numbers land right.

Toss up between druid and dh for an alt rn, I always have a melee that can play a support role as an alt

1 Like

Im staying an arcane mage in DF. My mage Doesnt rack up kills like the hunter.

1 Like

Started last 4 expansions as my mage. Ended last 4 expansions as my shaman.
Mage lasted 1 tier this time.
I have little hope. They don’t know how to manage this class. The specs are old and clunky. The stat interactions are broken and they nerf the class to compensate.

Proc munching. Rune. Single spell school lockout affects us more than any class. Average dps and no self healing. etc.

9 Likes

The self heal well mages were never supposed to heal but hunters weren’t either and we have a talented heal. One of our conduits heals us when we pop IB. I yes the single school lockout is a pain but thats why all 3 specs iirc have access to a spell from another school. FrostBolt and AE but yes I do understand.

I will say i would love to see conjure refreshment be given to other classes in their own way

Sticking to my mage for sure.

The best part about Dragonflight is that we’re back to the pre-Legion era of no functional restrictions to spec swapping, so I plan to main Arcane mage as always but enjoy Frost and Fire on occasion or when the situation calls for it.

I’m 50/50 between mage/priest right now.

Being able to play disc or shadow for arenas is a huge selling point.

yeaaa i’m at this crossroads myself. Im leaning hunter right now though. Something i do like with mage is all the jukes though lol.

If I play DF (and that’s as big if) I’ll probably give Evoker a whirl to see if it’s any good to actually play. Mages are looking pretty blech for DF coming off the back of two terrible expansions with so much focus still on IP, RoP, and bad covenant abilities.

There’s other factors as well like M+ still being too strong compared to raiding for gearing etc, but overall there’s just nothing in DF that has me excited. It’s just a big ol’ bag of “eh” and that’s not enough to make me play. Thankfully there’s Wrath to play, where Mages are fun.

1 Like

I love mage food and the blinks. Flame spec has its issues same with all 3 specs. Again I just don’t know either hunter or mage

yea mage food is really noice!

someone had mentioned mage being a support class here recently and i found that comment funny but weirdly true. its cause of the off support it provides that my eye is leaning back towards it over hunter. As of this moment lol.

It’s either my mage or warlock, but tbh I’m probably going to play lock this expansion and alt shaman. I’ve been a mage main since wrath but I started as a lock in vanilla and TBC. Might finally go back to my roots because mage feels so unsatisfying as of late

Going with mage for DF. I played resto shaman for about 8 years now and need a change. As for spec I will be going frost. The tree has alot of potential depending on tuning

1 Like

Nice yea I always found frost boring even though in rl I love snow and cold weather I prefer fire maybe arcane(simply for arcane missiles)

I do not know. I have been mostly underwhelmed by what I’ve seen for mages, but warlocks look like they could be fun. Despite statements saying the devs have been working on DF for a long time, it still feels like they are rushing at the end to get classes/specs into a simply good enough state for launch.

Professions look quite interesting, but I have no interest in dragon flying.

The thought of my character once again sitting at 6-15% haste for a patch is a strong incentive for me to not purchase DF until 10.1 or even 10.2. I do not mind the longer cast times at low haste, but I hate the glacially slow GCD at early expansion levels of haste.

So I’m mostly undecided between playing warlock in DF or waiting until 10.2.

1 Like

I’m highly enjoying arcane right now, so I will attempt to make it work with the new talents. There are some interesting choices in those new trees.

I will test mage out in the prepatch and if none of them feel good in PVP i will try druid. Hard to know at this stage imo. Abilities look good just comes down to pvp tuning for me.

Ahh Druids the Teemo’s of Wow

1 Like