What are you goin to play in Df

Right now its close between Mage and Priest depending on tuning.

Shadow priest looks pretty amazing.

I got mine to 60 last week and Iā€™m sitting around 285 so still optimizing binds and such but I am enjoying it.

Having the option to heal will be nice as well.

1 Like

Doing Boomy or Rogue because I PvP a lot.

The class has been the same for PvP for about 5 years now and it is getting pretty boring. With no signs that DF will change itā€™s playstyle

A lot of classes received some REALLY cool changes to their playstyleā€¦ especially for PvP. Unfortunately mage was not one of them.

My mage has been my main since 4 months after launch of Vanilla WoW. Iā€™ve raided every raid instance in the game when it was the current top-raid content on this mage.

However, the time has come to finally retire my mage main into an alt. I am not happy with how mage played in SL and DF looks to be more of the same. I really REALLY hate how every mage spec revolves around Rune of Power and thereā€™s no way to avoid it.

In DF, I plan to switch mains to Evoker. It also helps that I love dragons and weā€™re finally getting a dragon-themed class.

Evoker (Devastation spec) has its own issues. Mechanics are fairly simple and range is short. Theyā€™re probably horrible in PVP due to short range, lack of effective damage mitigation CDs, and mostly stationary casting. Fortunately, I mostly PVE and they should be fine for that.

In beta, I finished leveling my Evoker from 60 to 70. Iā€™m satisfied with the overall gameplay experience and theme. Enough to say with confidence that in DF I will be maining my Evoker.

Evoker might suck in DF. It might be weaker than a mage. But it gives a new and fresh gameplay experience that mage lacks.

4 Likes

Fire. Always fire even if itā€™s bad

1 Like

Iā€™m sticking with my mage. Nothing (to me) beats being able to teleport all around and save travel time with my limited playtime. And since I love achievement hunting and questing, being able to set my hearth to the questing zone and using teleports to get back to hubs is awesome. Iā€™ll have to just deal with whatever good or bad comes out of the new class changes, since Iā€™m basically a mage for life.

1 Like

In DF zones, teleporting isnā€™t quite as powerful since Dragon Riding is so fast.

No worriesā€¦ I still doing tons of old content, and it will remain helpful to me. Iā€™m currently working on WoD quests, and any time-saving skill is a plus in my book. I currently have my hearth set to Southport in Spires of Arak, and with the constant moving from zone to Garrison to Stormshield, it helps cut down flight time.

Looking forward to DF! I just tried logging in and witnessed the DF cinematic.

1 Like

Iā€™m leaning Evoker. If itā€™s awful, Iā€™m back to Hunter/Mage with about a 55/45 feeling at the moment. All I know for sure is that my DK is going to be my first alt. All 3 DK specs are awesome, and the ā€œalways instantaneously ONā€ feeling of DK canā€™t be denied.

I started SL as Shaman (ele/resto) for a few months, then Druid (guard/balance) for a few more, then Arcane and finally Frost Mage for the last year+ of SL. Though I did hit 60, and get tier, ultimately, on a DK, DH, Hunter, Paladin, Warlock, and then the Shaman and (obvs) the Mageā€¦ it was a long expansion, and Iā€™d rather mess around leveling than raid and grind M+ all the time.

Mages look pretty good overall I think. Frost looks banger once you have all your points at 70. And while food and portals are nice, the moment-to-moment utility of hunter with pets and feign and traps and an easier self heal (list goes on) has me slightly leaning that way.

That was long - sorry for the rant!

I like Devastation Evoker. Compare to a mage, Evoker has the following:

• NO RUNE OF POWERā€¦ YAAAAAAAAAYYYYYY! (I hate that talent)
  • In many ways it feels a lot like a mage.
    • Most of the time you have to stand and plant to cast your spells. Just like a mage, your dps while moving is almost non-existent.
    • You have frost spells with a snare and can kite. However, your snare is much weaker than a mage and doesnā€™t last as long.
      • Against elite mobs, the best strategy for a low-geared mage is to kite them. But as an Evoker, youā€™re best off standing your ground and tanking them, while periodically healing yourself.
    • You have a spell whose graphic looks identical to Ray of Frost (Disintegrate).
    • You have a ā€œBlinkā€ like ability called ā€œHoverā€ that shoots you forward and allows you to cast some of your spells while moving for a short period. The CD is longer than Blink though.
    • In combat, you feel quite squishy, just like a mage.
  • Your spells are shorter range than a mage.
  • If you put every utility talent into healing, Evoker self-healing is actually pretty good. You can top yourself off from almost dead in probably 5 seconds.
  • Zero spammable AOE attacks. On the other hand, you have some fun burst AOE attacks on relatively short cooldowns to make up for it.
  • Evoker cleave damage looks to be pretty good.
2 Likes

After testing out my mage and my elemental shaman in the pre-patch, Iā€™ll probably switch to my elemental shaman as my main. Itā€™s quite fun right now.

1. Havoc Demon Hunter
  2. Enh/Ele Shaman
  3. Frost DK (switched over from Ret after the Pally dev created the clunkiest rotation ever)
  4. Gonna be either Arcane/Fire Mage or Devastation Evokerā€¦not very impressed with Evoker so far but weā€™ll see

Personally, Iā€™m torn between my mage and my shaman