What are the rules on hypserspawn farming?

The Customer Support forum isn’t a place to discuss contract law.

There is no set in stone statement about it because each individual case is different.

Many, many players have farmed those frogs since they were added in patch 5.4 in 2013. Most did not get banned/suspended for doing it. There is obviously more to this story than just farming the frogs.

Edit:
In the past if Blizzard hds an issue with a hyper-spawn point, they nerfed the hyper-spawn or changed the drops.

2 Likes

That link doesn’t prove anything and has no bearing on Blizzard or the contract that we sign with them. They tell you up front that they have the right to terminate the agreement at any time. They do not need a reason. The case you linked isn’t even close to relevant.

As to this…

Blizzard has already stated quite clearly that exploits, including the use of game mechanics in an exploitable way, is against the rules. There is nothing disrespectful or shady about it.

4 Likes

If Blizzard feels that you are in violation of their rules and subsequently banned you, that is their right. You have the option to appeal until they tell to you to stop, and the decision is final. Outside of that, there is nothing that can be done in the forums. You need to go through Official Ticket Channels in order to have a potential outcome in your favor.

5 Likes

“Innocent until proven guilty” applies to criminal law, not contract law.

3 Likes

I removed most of my comments cause it was leading in a completely different direction

But let me ask you, if a well known, already nerfed spot, several times in fact, like the ones in pandaria, is not in a quest area and is still in hyper spawn, has hundreds of guides, most likely even in wowhead, should that be considered an exploit? cause most of the old content farming usually ends up in one of those lazy gold farming or similar wowhead guide, and I know blizzard obviously has no responsibility over what is on wowhead, but they do have a responsibility to fairness.

I agree the rules are in place for that, but the fact remains, known locations, already nerfed before, but still farmable and being farmed by many people, how can players guess if that is an exploit or not?

One might say if it gives too much gold it is likely an exploit, which is far from the truth, if you know how to, you can farm up to 2M in a day depending on the expansion moment and/or preparation, which is waaaaay more than any active farming spot.
Or in a easier to visualize, with currents buffs a 5 man party can do easy 20~30k/hour doing WQs to get paragons.

Gonna do some vids in the weekend and report, lets see what the GMs think :stuck_out_tongue: In BR cross realm those spots sometimes are close to 24/7 being farmed

Evil hahahaha

If it seems too good to be true, file a bug report and don’t do it.

1 Like

That’s up to Blizz to decide, not me.

If you feel it might be an exploit, you just avoid it. I don’t know if this particular spot is considered an exploit or not, nor does Blizz tend to announce locations of exploits.

3 Likes

So i must not multibox mine/herb now? cause at least in some servers you can farm 400 to 700k in a day RIGHT NOW, in the beginning of expansions you can do twice that or more …
i farmed one day and got bored to hell though, most annoying thing to do hahahaha
I hope they fix the farming, i miss legion days, raiding with nearly all classes, farming with only one account to pay every expansion mount and store mount.
At least they fixed the relics before SL, that would have been a massive black hole.

It doesn’t matter if you were multiboxing or not. Blizzard feels that you violated their rules, and took action. Arguing here isn’t going to help anything as, us (other players), can only go off what we know, and what we’ve seen happen. If you want further insight into what you are allowed/not allowed to do, your best choice is to file a ticket.

At the end of the day, if Blizzard said you exploited something, chances are you did. Your ONLY RECOURSE is to go through official ticket channels.

That said, I think we are done here, and nothing else can be gained from this conversation, and I recommend that it get locked up.

3 Likes