What are the realm caps set to blizzard?

Going to need you to source your claim.
If they run a higher population than 2.5 to 3k rare resources are going to be a nightmare.

1 Like

What you said brings up another issue. They have the hardware to allow more people online at one time, which in a sense is great. But at the same time, the game and resources do seem to be based around 3k players.

If they do allow 10k people online at the same time after layering is over. The economic impact will be horrible. Black lotus, good world farming locations etc all come to mind. They would have to do something about spawn timers to feed a population 3x the size of what it was intended for

Bingo, ding ding ding, yahtzee, the price is right…

Some of us want hugely populated servers. Go play on one of the low pop ones if you don’t.

But I play an MMO to be surrounded by tons of people. I also dont believe they will cap it anywhere near a measly 3k. Otherwise they would keep layering. Itll probably be 3 times that.

2 Likes

its not about not wanting a huge population. Its about how are you going to feed that many mouths with how the game was originally built. You cant have 50k players on a server meant for 3k, no matter how you slice it. You layer all you want, but at the end of the day. The math doesnt work

Maybe the truth is something we don’t want to hear and Blizzard is protecting us. Maybe only 50k people world wide want to play Classic. /cry

They will just be queues, as was the original vanilla experience.

And if you don’t like queue time, then transfer.

People want the original vanilla experience and unfortunately queue times on high pop realms was part of the experience

The only issue I have with this is the price of resources will be extremely high on a server where you outnumber them three fold.

You’re conflating two different things. 30k accounts on Herod does not mean 30k active players at a single given time. Per Nost’s year 1 statistics, they had 130k active accounts and their peak online activity was almost exactly 1/10th of that. That’s an international community operating at different time zones (although I would argue that the pserver community is also likely a more hardcore crowd on average which would cut the other way) but even if it’s double that ratio, 30k accounts (and I still have no idea where these numbers are coming from or if they’re even close to real) only translates to 6k players at peak.

I obviously can’t predict that it will but I don’t see how you could have any information one way or another. We simply don’t know the numbers and we can’t predict how populations might trend in a launch like this. It’s a game launching in a very unique situation.

Prices should stabilize. If we pay more, then we can also sell for more. With layering it means we’ll actually have more resources in the beginning phase. We might have 3 times as many resources if we outnumber them three fold. Just need to keep the gold re-seller/farmers out. We don’t need currency manipulators!

i mean it could very well be removed, but i would sit there and laugh at there ques while it happens. pretty much every streamer is on faerlina. place is going to be a mad house.

Nost was free, and it also was a private server. I dont think you will be able to compare that to this. I do though wonder what the active players to active accounts on a server generally is.

I still think all the servers, at least the PvP ones will end up with a queue early on. With the obvious 2 being extremely long lines

dynamic respawn code fixes this issue

dynamic respawns does not make it so you can have 10k online on a 2.5k server.

Nost realm had 6k -13k (concurrent) and they survived just fine

Not everyone sits in the one zone btw - and for launch layering will ease zone density

nost realms were objectively not vanilla like. sorry not sorry. and their dynamic spawns were not like blizzards either.

Get used to long queue times after phase 1

You are missing what is being discussed in the quote. The issue is once layering is GONE and a server has 9k players active at any time resources are going to be scarce as the population consumption to availability is 3 times greater than on a 3k active pop.

They’ll have several weeks to see trend lines before that happens. If it looks like servers are going to be too full, they can always add a couple more. Much easier to add in a server if it is needed than to deal with server mergers if a realm dies.

1 Like