What about the people that dont like PvE

They should just scale everyone to 380 ilvl, if below that. 60 ilvl difference isn’t that bad to start, not that you see too many people in randoms at 440. I’d say average seems to be anywhere from 410-430.

Nobody is forcing you. Maybe if enough people stop paying, then Blizzard will change it.

1 Like

True, but if you want to compete at all in any level of PVP apparently you have to.

I agee but If they lose anymore Paying customers they won’t have any paying customers left lol…

Here comes Classic to Save the Day!

The reason they need to get gear from PvE, to be competitive, is because the vast majority of the other players, in every level of competition, have chosen to gear up in PvE, by their own volition. And why not? They pay for the entire game, why not experience the entire game? and be rewarded for doing so. The rewards for people who only PVP will eventually catch up, but maybe only at half the pace.

I can’t comment to the amount of paying customers Blizzard has, or doesn’t have, because I think only Blizzard is privy to those numbers (Despite leaks to streamers , which tell a little bit). But I think the most effective way of telling Blizzard how we feel, is by cancelling our sub when we’re dissatisfied.

If People think PvE gear in PvP is bad now, they will not be enjoying Classic for long. For a brief moment, in vanilla, the PvP weapons were as good as anything you could get in BWL, but by the end of Naxx, my hunter was globaling people in PvP – and Classic is a version of the game where the Naxx end-game will the the last update that you ever get.

1 Like

You should get PvP specific gear for that like you did from 2006 - 2016, 10 years of WoW’s history.

Did you reply to me to make any clear point? You haven’t provided anything useful at all.

Neither have you.

TY I know.

You reply pretty fast for someone who doesn’t have anything of substance to say in response to people staying on topic.

It wouldn’t be a far cry to say you’re an utter waste of space on these forums.

Well I was playing the game until I dcd and now stuck at log in screen. Blame blizzard.

That’s specifically why I said-

lol @ all the people in here that truly believe the PvP gearing system is viable for people trying to be competitive in rated pvp (it’s shocking how these people are claiming this stuff without even having the Step into the Arena achievement, but I digress)

I’m not the worlds best PvPer, but I’ve been duelist, been 2k 5+ seasons on pretty much every class, so I would consider myself “decent” and above-average when it comes to PvP. In previous expansions, the PvP gear I was able to get from just PvPing was…the actual best gear for PvP! Would ya look at that? Now the gear I get from PvPing is just not viable at all. It doesn’t take a genius to realize that you shouldn’t need to be a current Duelist or higher to get gear that’s the same power level of the gear coming out of Heroic EP, Mythic 10s, etc. Trust me, Duelist is a hell of a lot harder and immensely more time consuming than running Waycrest 10. I’ve done both.

In MoP I could start an alt and have it geared up to full gladiator gear halfway through the season in a day or two from JUST WINNING ARENAS because the power level differences were not nearly as insane as they are now, there were PvP vendors, and a gigantic catch up cap. Never had to step foot in a dungeon. I didn’t need my gear to be BiS for PvE, it was actually pretty awful for PvE…why do PvEers think their PvE gear should be better for PvP than actual PvP gear?

I came back for this season and tried to jump into arena with my benthic gear and whatnot, which I had to PvE to get. That’s fine, it’s catchup gear, I’d much prefer to be able to cap my honor and buy a bunch of Combatant level pieces from a vendor through BGs like we used to be able to, but benthic gear is fine. It takes 2 minutes to get a full set, nbd.

But then LOL, have fun fighting the 440 dragonslayers trapped at 1500 forever with their Azshara trinket and Cyclo blast when you have 405 ilvl. Yeah, that’s legit. 150k+ differences in health is not a problem right? I grinded out like, 200+ games across my 3 main characters and got all my caps (415 gear LOL), in addition to getting random ring and cape drops from the actual games over and over and over again, again lower ilvl than like a mythic 4. Go play a game at 1600 mmr, the vast majority of people are Mythic 10 geared or Heroic+ EP geared (and the ones that aren’t are people like me, skilled players on alts, or people coming back to start the season which doesn’t make for exactly easy quick wins), and the loot you get from those games, if you get loot at all, is just not competitive. Plus capping conquest LITERALLY takes more than twice as many wins as it used to, so you’re grinding these games that are frustrating to play because of power differences, only to get ilvl 415 gear when you finally do cap…sweet

Want to know how poor gearing for PvP is through actually PvPing? I got stuck at like, 408 ilvl and was fully conquest capped. The only way for me to get gear was from random drops from the arenas, which was only 420 ilvl. The gear is super rare, and I swear Blizzard’s loot algorithm checks each slot you have individually and gives you the single most useless piece of gear you need. Have a 440 warforged cape? Here’s three 420 capes in a row with your worst secondaries. Have fun getting no loot until next Tuesday! I was literally trapped at that ilvl outside of smashing my face against like 400+ arena wins while undergeared, or by PvEing.

So I spent like, 2 DAYS running Mythics and went from 408 to 427, and the only challenge about it was digging through the idiots to get a group that doesn’t stand in sanguine and tunnel deeps on the trash. Immediately started climbing the ladder. The gear I get from PvP is STILL worse than Mythic gear. My conquest caps are all downgrades. Oh, and now all those teams that were essentially a gear check? I dumpster them now because they’re genuinely getting carried by their gear

2 days running Mythics to get to 427 ilvl…capping conquest for the entire season…~410 ilvl. There’s a reason all the players on the top of the arena ladder are in a mix of Mythic gear and Gladiator gear, it’s because they got the Mythic gear to be competitive and THEN got the PvP gear, not the other way around. If you could get competitive gear from just PvPing, you think these Rank 1 tournament level players would spend hours doing PvE, outside of maybe a few OP trinkets (which I don’t have a problem with, that’s always been the case)? Also, most of the best Azerite Essences are from PvE and those are so gamebreaking in terms of power…and they’re not account wide so LOL get back to your dailies PvP scum. Don’t even get me started on Azerite Power.

41 Azerite power from a 2s win regardless of rating.

Don’t tell me you don’t have to PvE to PvP, cause ya’ll are wrong. Just give us resilience or something back so these dudes in Heroic EP gear who just W at the closest target and don’t have kick bound aren’t pretty much guaranteed a win against people in PvP gear 30 ilvls lower. At least the PvP trinkets are good for PvP, I guess. Imagine the outrage if BiS PvE gear came from being 2.4k in 3s :rofl::rofl::rofl: lol, I remember the General forums being LIVID that they had to win like…2 BGs in MoP for their legendary cape

7 Likes

I can’t speak for Vanilla since i never played, however when i began with BC, there were tow clearly defined end game gearing paths with PVP gear being less effective in PVE and conversely. Blizzard made a decision at some point do segregate these worlds which was reflected in the gear and the corresponding effectiveness it had in the respective worlds. Consequently they also generated 3 parent communities as a result, the PVE, the PVP, and the crossover’s.
We all pay the same amount, more or less, every month to play this game. We were also all given a choice of how we wanted to play this game, more specifically the end game content, while allowing us to being competitive at the level of End game we chose. Now that choice is gone. The gear disparity, and more importantly the impact of that gear disparity, is absurd even within a small span of Ilvl’s, resulting in a horrible BG experience for the community who just wants to PVP at the randoms level. If Blizz had never created this option to begin with, then it never would have been a factor, formerly or presently but they did.

Really it’s like allowing a dump truck to compete in “smash up derby” contest that are all cars. Doesn’t even take any skill.

The “Vast” Majority - well I’m not going to ask for a source, since i’m sure at least the “Majority” is accurate. But, if PVE gear had little effectiveness in PVP, and therefore if you wanted to compete at any level of PVP you would have to acquire gear in this venue, I think the numbers would start to sway somewhat.

• The current design does not allow PVP to catch up with PVE. 21 weeks to achieve what is now I think between 415 - 420 ilvl cap in BG’s (discounting rated or arena, but most of these people are geared with PVE, so that speaks for itself). People are acquiring 430 gear in what 1-2 weeks now, and by time 21 weeks rolls by the 430’s will be 440’s or probably much higher. 20 ilvl’s doesn’t seem much until you are 420 trying to compete against a 440.

• I’ve formerly commented on why Blizz has taken this direction so i won’t discuss it here.

One argument that i completely agree with, and it really is unfortunate, is the unsub. If people really want change, this currently appears to be the only viable method to incite that change.

In the end I am just disappointed that a game I enjoyed so much and was so diversely appealing to so many different types of people, has been reduced to a game that appeals and caters to a finite sample of people.

1 Like

It’s not rocket science. All the tools are already in place. Benthic gear and Mana Pearls exist for PVE players. I really don’t understand why Gladiator gear and Marks of Honor don’t work in the exact same way.

Instead, we get this absurd Quartermaster’s Bounty bullsh!t that has such a high turn in cost that I will be fortunate to meet a single turn-in before the next season.

Keep pissing off your players, Blizz. It seems to be working out so well for you. I sincerely hope Classic buys you enough time to pull your heads out of your asses.

1 Like

Not PvP players. A lot of us have quit & left if you haven’t noticed BG queues becoming longer. A great many of us stuck around because we believed BFA was PvP oriented in some ways & the S1 plate set was announced & shown like Blizzard was going to fix PvP gear.

That’s what I’m doing if I find out there’s going to be no real PvP gear next xpac.

Stop. That’s not the same thing. A constant treadmill isn’t the same as a set amount of work to get items which all carry weight. Gearing now, you go up 5 ilvl & it never ends. That’s not fun. Azerite grinding isn’t fun. World quests aren’t fun.

Vanilla World PvP is fun. Gearing through a low lvl dungeon while leveling up & experiencing each zone is fun.

Getting GG’d by PvE players because they have +15 ilvl on you isn’t fun.

PvP players hate having to gear through PvE, so perhaps you’re right. A raid releasing better gear than PvP gear is infuriating, so we might not like vanilla as much as TBC / WOTLK.

Still, vanilla is heaps better than a constant gear treadmill. If you understood how MMOs worked a bit, you’d be able to distinguish a set amount of content vs a constant grind per season.

My fingers hurt.

for all your defending blizz you are in the same boat as I am 20 levels below a lot of pvers sure I can compete in team fights but 1v1 they slaughter me (and you)

4 Likes

i dont believe the current dev team cares for pvp. Its like the step child they have to deal with because its there but dont really like it.
Frankly if you dont want to PVE be prepared to get wrecked by PVEers who’s gear will crush you.

3 Likes

it is never 1v1 in the open world last season I was ganked 3 times 1v1 2 rogues (who stealthed and ran away) and an arcane mage who I believe hit me on accident. dozens of times by 2 or more such is the life of alliance in wpvp

sir you nailed it. I think they would be happy if pvp went away

2 Likes

Luckily 1v1 doesn’t matter so much.