What about the people that dont like PvE

I see what you did there. You took a common argument PvE players make about PvE being done in every facet of the game & instead made it about PvP since PvP exists outside of just BGs/Arenas.

Massive IQ joke.

You do get CP just by doing warmode quests/wpvp.

Also get CP just for opening the supply drops.
You can cap Conquest without ever touching an enemy.

True too. Iā€™m curious how supply drops work. I see it on my map, and go in that area, but donā€™t see a chest. Is it anywhere in the path? Only good for like 5 people opening and I miss it?

The zone gets a message announcing the supply drop. When you see the message you can open your map and youā€™ll see the ship and which direction it is flying. It always flies in a straight line and drops the crate somewhere along itā€™s path. Follow the ship and youā€™ll see the drop. Itā€™s a crate parachuting to the ground.
I donā€™t think there is a cap for opening it. Entire raids will open them in Nazj. As long as it is up then it is lootable by the faction which tagged it.
It awards 75 conquest, commendations, azerite, and a piece of gear. Can only receive the conquest once per zone, but you can loot drops from multiple different zones and each gives conquest.

Ahh gotchaā€¦ I always fly to where it lands, and try around that area. So could be other side of the map?

Could be.
I think it can drop anywhere along itā€™s flight path but there are spots which have higher frequency of drop. In Nazj, for example, it often drops in the waters right in front of Newhome.

Well that was a unquestionably a crushing blow! However, Iā€™m not certain it signifies certain victory. Yes the OP made a horrendous error stating that they never PVE, to which Herc delivered glaring evidence to the contrary. In fact, the OP should have leveraged the PVE experience to add credit to their argument. Who better to offer an impartial opinion than someone who has engaged in both worlds of content, and then come forward and express the disparity between acquiring gear via PVP compared to PVE.

I already carry the position that PVP and PVE should return to the days of old when each were attuned to their respective worlds inclusive of set bonuses. Therefore, If you wanted to compete in end game PVP, you would pursue a PVP gearing path since PVE gear had a much lower impact while the inverse also being true. Additionally if you wanted both, you put the effort into obtaining both.

These are some of the most common Arguments contesting PVP Vendors and PVP explicit Gear:

1. Random BGā€™s are the equivalent of running Regular or at best Heroic and therefore undeserving of comparable Mythic + Gear.
  • Both requires Time and Effort and in fact acquiring Gear from PVP requires far more time and Effort, with far lower results.
  • To achieve success in either venue requires a group working together to accomplish objectives. In fact randoms make this task far more arduous and yield higher failure rates. As you continue to repeat mythicā€™s, your failure rate is drastically reduced. With Randoms or even Rated (which is organized and coordinated for the most), you will never achieve the same win% as you will with any level of PVE.
  • Drawing a comparison between the two world is futile. There is no correlation and therefore you canā€™t measure who ā€œdeservesā€ better gear which adds credence to why they should be on independent paths.
  1. People in PVP can get gear for doing nothing but sitting in a BG. No effort
  • Well, people get carried in Mythics all the time to acquire elite gear they havenā€™t earned
  1. People must have time to take 20 minutes a day to run dailies out in Naz
  • The primary point is that people donā€™t want to PVE
  • I am currently running experiment gearing my Rogue by running dailies in Naz and within a couple hours of effort (havenā€™t been out there previously, and i donā€™t have flying so my time will be at least tripled) I had a full set of 385 Benthiā€¦what? I started out there around 270. I do have a headpiece (420), my rings (395,375), trinkets (400, 360)and daggers(410,405) from PVP. The headpiece and Daggers from Conquest capping and weekly chest, the rest drops from the Bgā€™s themselves. But because the drops are scaled with your ilvl, the number of hours it took me to cap, then recap conquest and acquire the other pieces is without exaggeration at least 40 plus hours in Bgā€™s which i am certain is understated.
    And within 2 days in Naz totaling about 5 hours between dailies and WQā€™s, every piece is over 400 except one. This does not equate at all. To earn a complete set of gear in PVP takes 21 weeks (weekly chests) without missing a conquest cap. The cap reward itself may cut this down marginally, but the repetitive gear is ridiculous.
  • The bottom line here is that itā€™s disgusting how quick and easy it is to gear in a solo non competitive environment that yields the same quality of Gear that would take a minimum of 1/2 hour per day for 65 CP (thatā€™s a 100% win ratio in epics lol like thatā€™s even remotely possible) x 7 days = 455 CP + 1 hr for 45 CP = 4.5 hrs/wk for 500 CP x 15 weeks (being conservative accounting for a 9 piece set) = 67.5 hrs. Iā€™ve currently invested about 5 hours, and letā€™s say i invest another 5 to bump all my gear to 415. Thatā€™s 10 hours over the span of about a week to have a full set to 415ā€¦
  • This is not just an imbalance but an utter travesty.
  1. The only real standing argument that can be made is simply Blizz wants people to PVE. Thatā€™s the content they invested therefore that is the content they need to demonstrate a return on investment for, consequently they develop a system that will apply as much pressure as possible to compel the PVP player base to PVE.

Any belief that somehow PVE is superior to PVP is nothing more than sheer entitlement. PVEā€™rs should not be able to walk into a BG at will regardless of experience, random or not, sporting 430-440 Mythic Gear, and dominate purely based on gear differential. I 1v1ā€™d another SIN rogue, my Ilvl, 403, theirs 433, and they obliterated me, and nothing to do with skill. Blow for blow he was well above me, compounded by his 80k additional health and whatever other attributes such as trait, essence healing that contributed to healing, damage etcā€¦Not sure where the scaling was, but final HP - Theirs about 75-80% still remaining, mine, obviously 0ā€¦

Having Vendors is one argument I absolutely support, but additionally, segregate the Gear itself and reinstate two distinct gearing systems. This way if the PVE elitists, not elite lol want to PVP at any level of competitiveness, they need to start from the ground up. Effort is Effort, you get out what you put in, neither oneā€™s effort can be interpreted as ā€œmore or less valuableā€.

• Gear Paths
  • PVP - Random < Rated < Arena
  • PVE - Dungeons - Regs < Heroics < Mythics < Mythic Raids (The raiding itself seems awkward now, i think their 20 man, and not entirely sure if there is a reg / heroic path other than through dungeon finder)
  • PVP > PVE in PVP
  • PVE > PVP in PVE

Cheers!

5 Likes

Iā€™ve never met a ā€˜world pvperā€™ thats actually good at pvp. Anytime there was a skirmish between my rbg team and random ā€˜world pvpersā€™ we could take on like 30 of them with just 10 of us. World pvp is the equivalent of normal mode dungeons when it comes to skill level.

Iā€™m going to declare Cicey the new winner for shear enthusiasm.

Itā€™s apparent you love to write and you write well but you must write for your audience. That means short, concise, and to the point, on these forums. The vast majority of the people who read this already know everything you wrote.

I enjoyed reading your thoughts.

1 Like

LOl!!! Thanks :slight_smile:
And you are so right! I get caught up and itā€™s in my nature to consider all, or as many factors as comes to mind, along with providing the supporting evidence thus resulting in my ā€œnovelsā€ lol

I will make a sincere effort to ā€œtightenā€ things up!!!

2 Likes

For 415 gear? Thatā€™s not even considered gearing.

How is obtaining gear not considered gearing?

How is it considered gearing when you already have 415-420 ilv benthic & +425 mythic gear?

JFL @ people thinking receiving 415 gear is gearing when everyone has +445 pieces already.

Inb4 ā€œYeah, but everyone is around 436 ilvā€ because things like the mechagon trinket scale them down. They still have 440-450 pieces to get 436 ilv.

Post on your main so we can see your 445 ilvl.

why are you naked as a jay bird?

Ofc it is. Then you get 430 gear. Thatā€™s called gearing.

Itā€™s not gearing when you already have that gear a few weeks into the season.

& ofc you ā€œget CP just by doing warmode quests/wpvp.ā€ When did I ever say you didnā€™t?

Why should you get the best gear for that?

Your gear should reflect the level competitive content you engage in but
what it shouldnā€™t do is crossover from PVE to PVP and inversely.

Or just put ilvl caps and make it similar to twink queues. The highest ilvl you can achieve from randoms is 420 now?.. Well, people over 420 go into a separate queue than people at or below, and then also prohibit people from gear swapping once in the BG. This would regulate the massive discrepancy in impact that gear has between what seems to be a small span in ilvlā€™s. It would also make the BGā€™s more balanced, fair, competitive and more enjoyable. It really is no fun to get stomped solely because of gear.