What’s your favorite mount? How long did it take to farm for it?

Armored Irontusk? The iron horde themed elekk from some WoD rep or another.

1 Like

Mine is the Ultramarine Qiraji Battle Tank. It took several months of grinding archaeology back in Cataclysm to get it. I wish they would give it wings and make it fly. :grin:

1 Like

the lightforged one in legion… still saving for it xD

2 Likes

99% of the time I use my headless horseman mount it fits through doors it’s not large it can go on ground or it can fly
It took me my 1st run through to get it irked a lot of my friends off

Unless I’m a bull then its the SL AOTC mount…
They look stupid on the headless horseman mount

2 Likes

This was probably the most fun mount grind I’ve experienced in the game. Needing to get out a pen and paper just to do the maze was pretty cool.

1 Like

Invincible - first try

2 Likes

Hand of Hrestimorak for ground mount, i really enjoy how goofy the concept is while being visually quite unique.

Lord of the Corpseflies for old flying because its a fly. I think its neat.

Polly Roger for dynamic flying because i find races easier to do with smaller mounts.

1 Like

Been partial to my Temperamental Slyvern lately, and it took me all of like an hour to farm.

Easy mount to get the Azure Span.

But it’s not bulky and it looks beautiful so I enjoy it.

Lucid Nightmare though . . .

4 Likes

White Hawkstrider

2 Likes

Ground Mount: Fiery Warhorse
First mount I ever farmed and it probably took around six to eight weeks of doing it once a week on my human hunter. I was shocked at how fast I got it since the drop rate was 1.1%, thought it was a mistake and held my breath when I pressed the icon, hoping it wouldn’t just disappear into the ether.

Flying Mount: Ashes of Al’ar
I only started farming this because the drop rate was .6% higher than the Fiery Warhorse and I wanted it with a deep-seated covetousness I usually reserve for decadent chocolate treats. It dropped somewhere around six months of running The Eye once a week on my human hunter, just as I was considering giving up because I was starting to feel sorry for poor Kael’thas since I was also killing him once a week in the Magisters’ Terrace for a Phoenix Hatchling.

I got Onyxia my very first run, when I didn’t even know it was a thing, and almost deleted it for bag space :woman_facepalming:.

Wow!

That is dedication!

Did it once a week for about six months on one character or another, became more and more frustrated over several things in the instance (Fix the battleship, Blizzard!) and stopped. It’s still on my list but I haven’t had the urge to go back.

1 Like

i like the look of fallen charger
i didnt really farm it, i think i had only killed it once before the kill it dropped from. super lucky

lucid nightmare was an adventure to get, i did it with my friend so theres a good memory

blazing drake has a fun gotcha story but i rarely use it

i really want new midnight, but no luck :melting_face:

1 Like

Favorite ground mount is my https://www.wowhead.com/spell=213115/bloodfang-widow , took me two months to farm the gold.
Favorite flying is my https://www.wowhead.com/item=131734/spirit-of-echero , took a week to boost my Archaeology and finish the quest. :see_no_evil::hear_no_evil::speak_no_evil:

1 Like

Best dragon. Paid for a carry. No way i was missing out.

1 Like

Raven Lord and Dread Raven are the only two I use outside of Dragonriding. Raven Lord took me maybe 5 tries.

1 Like

Swift Zulian Tiger, I farmed it every reset back in TBC on my old Hunter, using “the stump trick”.

You’d stand on a stump near High Priest Thekal, and the guardians near him would briefly de-spawn, allowing you to solo him alone without much trouble.

I wasn’t even aware they’d remove it from the game in Cataclysm lol. Was extremely lucky.

Fun fact: In a ZG PuG at lvl 60 in Vanilla, I was pranked and our raid leader pretended it dropped, I rolled a 99. Was very crushed when I found out he was lying, lol. In the end, I think I got the last laugh.

1 Like

Eve’s Ghastly Ride.

• it’s small
  • it’s silent
  • it doesn’t have any weird movements when flying straight
  • it becomes instant-cast during the Halloween event

**bonus: once dynamic flight is unlocked in TWW I’ll be able to have my own personal Nimbus 2000

2 Likes

That’s a hard question to answer since I base my mounts on which Race/Class I’m playing. If I had to pick only one mount, though… um… I guess the Venomhide Ravasaur. It was a pretty easy mount to get. Just had to do a single daily quest for 20 days to raise the hatchling. Granted, the initial unlock quest to get splashed with venomhide poison was a bit of a pain, but still pretty easy.

1 Like

Favorite mount would be the Felsteel Annihilator.

Foolish of me, I farmed this for like two months, didn’t realize it was sitting in my inventory after the first run. Would just park my self outside the raid log in / out during each reset. Until one day, logged in, double checked my bags and it was just sitting there, staring right back at me in the midst of all the other drops.

Protip, double check your bags incase you blinked during the drop spams so you don’t unwillingly punish yourself lol.

4 Likes

all the WoD wolf mounts with the packs on their rumps.
Different ones took various amounts of time

2 Likes

Red Blanchy

:ocean: :dragon: :ocean: :dragon: