Were there this many ravagers in original TBC?

Why do I remember the hunter pet of choice being the warp-stalker?

1 Like

Definitely were not.

1 Like

Because in original TBC people valued the warp-stalker’s ability to get to the target fast, which is a great convenience in solo questing and farming. Now we have guides telling us that ravagers do more damage and are therefore optimal for group content. So everybody has a ravager, because they want to be the very best.

18 Likes

Absolutely not, as a former Hunter of OG TBC and using a Ravager it sort of irks me.

Min/Max? /rantended

5 Likes

im pretty sure ravager was common knowledge. it was to me and i was a crappy hunter.

though i think the details were slightly wrong. the ravager i was told was one of the venomspitting ravagers. something about their venom spit snapshotting damage based off attack power, and every reapplication kept the higher damage on ticking even after you lost the ap

There wasn’t.

people played whatever they wanted and used any pet (polar bears, turtles, ect)

the min-max ruined that

16 Likes

When I start leveling my boosted hunter, I’m going to use a warp-stalkers pet and ride the warp-stalker mount. :joy:

4 Likes

You look like a bad player if you don’t have a ravager, there isn’t any choice.

Honestly, blizzard should have nerfed it.

You only look like a bad player to sweaty tryhards who think they are a lot better than they actually are.

19 Likes

There are other options besides the ravager. If you want to absolute min-max dps, then yes ravager is the best choice. Wind Serpents are also a good choice, they are just as good as ravagers dps wise, though aren’t perferred as they eat shaman stormstrike charges. Furthermore, cats/raptors are only 8 dps shy of ravagers and still are A tier dps pets.

For utility, bring an owl to the raid. It’s screech effect stacks with a warrior’s demoralizing shout and helps bring down the effective attack power of a raid boss, making the fight go a lot smoother.

Hunter in our guild in original TBC used a Ravager. :woman_shrugging:

My pet of choice for questing/pvp is a Crab, even though he’s 100% useless until Wrath.

Around?..

I mean, there definitely were. Petopia etc existed for a reason…

WS when you’re focus capped. Scorpid for pvp. Ravager otherwise

Its like 6 or 7 DPS increase its worth it if you wanna min/max but there ugly as sh1t

7 Likes

because the game wasnt out for 15 years at that point and everyone didn’t already know Ravagers had more damage.

The information was out there, but not necessarily the desire to use it. A far smaller share of the population was raiding in those days, and players who weren’t certainly didn’t feel obligated to optimize for group content.

2 Likes

People chose to min/max it doesnt really matter but to answer your posts question no probably not.

This, these kids don’t realize we didn’t have reddit/discord/all these help guides back then.

sure petopia existed, but not everyone would use it and the only information to WoW was really only the forums or random blogs/sites

4 Likes

Ravager was super popular on my original tbc server so the experience matches my original experience.

Tho that warp stalker is super cool!