We're porting Retail add-ons to Beta, Come Get 'Em

Just like to second this. I was a zealous Atom user until I tried VS Code. Literally the best thing Microsoft has ever made. Bonus: It’s open source.

How about heal bot so I can just mouseover and automate all my healing? :grin:

2 Likes

That would’ve been Atlas and AtlasLoot to look up loot tables.

9 Likes

Either you’re trolling, or you mean it. Either way, your attitude is terrible. I know you don’t care. Props to Durrus for his stance. Cool thread, btw.

10 Likes

How about something like Rais Auto-Shot timer (for Hunters)?

3 Likes

I would like to see power interface i like this ui

I’m a Clique man myself. Would that be okay, or do you specifically need Healbot?

5 Likes

I think that was a joke. Automated healing is a terrible idea that most of the healing community has agreed we should not allow and I don’t think Blizz even does allow it in Classic anyway.

In my opinion, most healing addons in general need to go. The only thing we really need is a focus target addons so I can target players to heal them while also keeping an eye on the boss.

5 Likes

pfUI please

Clique would be fantastic as well. That would be awesome.

2 Likes

Actually, I have a question. Since the Classic is running on a 8.0 client, in theory, wouldn’t almost any current addon work with changing the interface version to classics?

pfUI is made for vanilla 1.12.1. Classic is running on a 8.0 client.

You’re kinda right. But even though Classic is using the modern client, they removed add-on API functions that make no sense (e.g. check if the player is in an arena or a scenario instance, or what’s the localized name of the Death Knight class, etc.). So, while the changes required are minimal on a per-unit basis, they are still required changes.

Compared to what I intend to do in the following days and weeks, Recount was (relatively) a cake walk. But even it did have these kinds of problems. For more details, see:

https://github.com/BigBadBleuCheese/ClassicBetaRecount/commits/master

Quartz casting bar (has auto shot/swing timer)
Bartender
Some sort of range finder, I’m not aware of any specific ones.

5 Likes

https://www.reddit.com/r/classicwow/comments/bmgfl3/diff_of_current_classic_vs_live_part_1_addons_ver/

Some info in regards to what’s changed / removed between the classic and retail clients. I figured it would work until you start hitting call outs that are different or straight up don’t exist anymore. Regardless, I can appreciate you taking the time to make some of them work on the beta. I’ll be keeping my eye on this thread for when / if I get invited.

3 Likes

TSM!

/10char

1 Like

Thanks for the quick reply :slight_smile:

What about details!?
Onebag or something similar to bagnon
Postal?
I’d love a quest helper addon.
I’m wondering if something like AAP is being updated for vanilla.

Clique would be absolutely amazing for us healers :slight_smile:

3 Likes
  • MRP - MyRolePlay

A role playing addon meant to facilitate ease of access and exchange of information about a players current Role Play.

Typically speaking, you create a profile. Much like a Facebook profile. Except there are no photo albums, so you put in things like backstory, defining features (scar on left eye, for example), what your character is currently doing (twitching occasionally, eyes darting around, out and about looking for adventure), and whether or not you’re currently “In Character” or “Out of Character”.

• TRP3 - TotalRolePlay 3

A similar addon, with some differences. TRP3 allows deeper customization of your character, and more options for how you choose to interact with players via your profile.

It includes support for full-name transcription, by shift-clicking a persons name to paste it into chat, for example. This can be handy for players who are engaging in a role play situation in which full names are useful (some nobility might request full titling, for example).

TRP3 also includes sections for your companions (give your pet a backstory!), your character alignment across several layers, and more.

• Community

A group of like minded individuals. (I jest, you know what a community is. :slight_smile:)

In this case, Narinsil is hoping there’ll be a healthy role playing community in Classic.

5 Likes

No they didn’t but I understand why so many read what they said in that way.

Thanks for doing the work are doing though!

2 Likes