Were people as angry about the Lightforged joining the Alliance as they were the Nightborne joining the Horde?

I wasn’t active on the forums at the time so I’m somewhat curious.

No, but alliance tends to be more petty over things like this so idfk.

19 Likes

it would have been better if the lightforged joined the horde since the alliance already have regular dranai.
the nightborne, who cares, really

2 Likes

I only recall seeing angry posts about Nightborne joining the horde back when it was announced. Lightforged was silent as I don’t think many cared.

6 Likes

Couldn’t be more wrong.

• Whine threads about storyline from Horde
  • Whine threads about Warmode from Horde after Alliance were given rewards
  • Whine threads about Bee mount from Horde
  • Whine threads about choosing Saurfang and Sylvanas

Bruh…your faction invented whining. You just hide behind a cool kid persona to look tough and get better PR.

26 Likes

Not really despite it making less sense for them to join anyone even less the faction with the void elfs in it

In game? Nope, nothing said.

In the forums… well… its the forums, high drama, breaking childhoods, ruptured ethics, bleeding subs…

Nah, not really. Though there was some complaining about deleted threads, so I guess it could of been sat on by mods.

The barracking for more races though, that was surprisingly consistent and did not vanish.

1 Like
  • They’re lead by Turalyon, an Alliance Hero that literally has a statue in Stormwind
  • The Alliance also has their more civilian kin on it,
  • the orcs once slaughtered said kin and still think about the event fondly
  • The void was never the Lightforged’ enemy specifically, just the Legion. The Lightforged still happily have the netherlight crucible powering their ship after all
6 Likes

Not at all.

You just have petty people on the Alliance unwilling to admit that it was Tyrande’s fault.

4 Likes

Tyrande wasn’t even that mean. She was basically saying “Either you turn the nightwell off, or I will.” And Thalryssa went “How rude! How dare this commoner pretending to be a leader speak to me so bluntly! I’m joining the horde!”
So yeah it was Tyrande’s fault but imagine Earth got invaded by aliens and France joined the aliens because someone made a “frog legs” joke.

Lol. For reals. I don’t get “angry” about stuff like that. I might mock it and make fun of it but that’s as far as it goes.

Tyrande: How can we trust you after you left us to die against the Legion?

Thalyssra: Seee she’s a meanie!

Tyrande: Turn off the Nightwell

Thalyssra: What a douche Elf

Later

Thalyssra: For the sake of my people, we are now rid of this addiction. Turns off Nightwell :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Wait, did the OP ask if people were upset when a lost clan on Draenei rejoined their brothers and sisters? I don’t have any real issue with the Horde getting a caste of Night Elves (and yes, Nightborne are NE descendants), my issue is with the freaking half baked reason why they joined. All the writers had to do was focus upon the growing bound between the NB and the BEs, both having to deal with an addiction to “bad magic”. The BEs serving as a partner in helping them to over come and more forward. Instead they made it about some off handed comments from Tyrande…

No…

Thalyssra wanted to rejoin the Kal’dorei and by extension join the Alliance. Tyrande told her that she will she where Elune’s wisdom takes her. So Thalyssra took that as Elune saying no so she invited Liadrin for a short meeting about joining the Horde.

Her join the Horde over the Alliance was basically because Tyrande gave her the impression that it was not as good as she first thought. She even tells Liadrin that she didn’t think that her people would be compatible with the Horde.

No where has she even explained or told anyone, even your character, that Tyrande’s insults were the reason for joining the Horde. Liadrin says something about the Kal’dorei scolding her people, but Thalyssra herself makes no mention of any insults whatsoever.

1 Like

According to the last book, she’s way closer to the belfs than we thought.

Cousins. You could speculate that Tyrande and Thalryssa went to high school together and it’s a legit possibility

There’s dialogue in game where Tyrande questions whether they can be trusted after they blatantly left the Night Elves to die against the Legion and secured themselves similar to how Genn Greymane built the wall.

Thalyssra became angry when Tyrande said she had to earn trust and this is why she decided to join the Horde because the Blood Elves accepted her without any question

1 Like

The Tyrande angle was bad, the story should have been they had more in common with blood elves than night elves.

1 Like

There’s dialogue after a particular World Quest in Suramar where Tyrande says, in so many words, “the more of their people that die the less of ours have to” in reference to the Nightborne.

Frankly, it’s better we joined the Horde.

She summons a hologram of her talk with Tyrande (from before the nightwell was shut off) of Tyrande asking how can she trust her after their history followed by the “we shall see”