We're not making enough noise about layering

That’s last week’s news. Current outrage is the 10k+ queues on Herod.

Layering has been breaking news since Sharding was announced. The flaming and complaints aren’t going to magically end because even more issues from poor launch planning have surfaced.

2 Likes

Layering blew up again in just the 2-3 days of the stress test as people realized how garbage it was… When Classic releases it will be the main topic. We’re simply addressing it now because we know how terrible it is already, the evidence is clear.

1 Like

Brought to you by layering.

1 Like

Because what’s going to happen when they remove layering on a server that had 20k people on at any given time… and now that server can only hold 6k people at a time without layering.

Classic is going to be extremely popular. Probably much more so than Blizzard expects. The realms are going to be overburdened and I can see them copping out and deciding to keep layering since it saves them money as opposed to opening up more servers

2 Likes

I’ve finally watched this after seeing it posted around a lot… layering is a huge DansGame

Not a fan of the layering concept either. I want it removed or altered to prevent abuse.

2 Likes

Layering gives me the cramps

1 Like

my favorite ice cream flavor is cookies n cream, but for some of you i understand your favorite flavor is layering

1 Like

I have a really hard time believing that anyone that played the game for longer than one expansion hasn’t heard that classic is opening up. That straw man was already knocked down before you typed it.

You can just put words together and put them out there but that doesn’t make it true. The fact of the matter is the majority of people who have quit WoW aren’t paying attention to Blizzard whatsoever these days.

The players like yourself and I who are so invested in the game we still care to post and read and pay attention are in the minority.

Forgot to mention the flavor allows you to phase into other dimensions and actually get yourself 10 ice creams if you want

Money. They save money by not providing enough servers with layering.

1 Like

Exactly. It’s a cheap cop out.

They could deliver a quality experience with a few more servers but instead it’s almost like they hope Classic fails

3 Likes

In my opinion the only hope of layering being defeated is after Classic releases. There simply is not enough people active on the forums and whatnot yet because 80% of the people who will sub and play Classic will do so on or after the release date. We’re the early birds.

The devs of Classic said in an interview recently with Gamestar magazine that they are going to remove layering before Phase 2. Hopefully they stay true to this and do not renege on it. Still, you have to wonder what the consequences will be to server communities to having layering in for even just Phase 1.

1 Like

I’ll link that interview if anyone wants to read it:

2 Likes

Assuming they do actually follow through with removing it before Phase 2, I feel there will still be big long term concequences if they do decide to use it for Phase 1. Community building, economies, server distribution and more will all be very different then how it actually was in Vanilla during Phase 1.

1 Like

What do you mean? How can one auction house hosting over 50k people who can layer swap, rarely if ever meeting the same person twice and corpse camping being nearly impossible to do possibly have any consequences and diminish this wonderful “authentic” experience?

how do i hunt people down through dimensional layers…

1 Like