We're not making enough noise about layering

You don’t. All you have to do to avoid pvp in classic in phase 1 is have friends who can invite you to a party

bros it isnt fair i want to see a vs h
this layering is garbage just like it was in retail

2 Likes

That’s the true darkness of layering. Complete isolation, all the time. Slowly you will start to go insane and try inviting NPCs to parties

You don’t even need friends, just type in general chat for someone to inv before you respawn.

Let’s hope layering by some miracle just isn’t in the game when it releases

That response is so full of crap. Things always change but not always for the better.

2 Likes

Down with layering \0/

7 Likes

If you people really think that they will release Classic without layering, especially after they said that Herod has over 10k people on it, you are all out of your minds.

If anything the Herod situation is another reason they should get rid of layering. Layering obviously isn’t going to solve any problems if they were expecting queues regardless. It just shows it’s even less worth it than we thought.

1 Like

That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

It makes perfect sense. Layering is going to cause huge problems for the game whether it be the gameplay or the community. What was supposed to make it worth it (as in worth putting up with layering’s shortcomings) was that it would make the game playable in the first few weeks.

It doesn’t seem now that that will be the case, at least not to the degree it was originally supposed to, making it much less worth it.

2 Likes

I never mentioned quality of change.

“Things always change” was pretty much the point.

People forget about the bug that was conveniently buried in reddit where a person’s party members disappeared before his very eyes in the ice cave.

Blizzard messed up. Big time.

1 Like

Yes, you are.

I’m constantly amazed by people who indirectly claim that they know more about the inner workings of Blizzard servers, and how they know better than the developers what works for the game, and what doesn’t.
You people are delusional.

Nobodies claiming that. We’re claiming we’re upset about issues we experiences first hand or witnessed other players experience first hand.

Classic wowhead has a good write up from the Reddit AMA on layering.

I’m feeling better about the functionality and issues they’ve addressed, but more importantly the duration of layering.

It’s sound like they will start shrinking layers after the week when the starting areas become less crowded.

1 Like

I wonder if they will reintroduce layering with each phase. I could imagine phase releases having huge bursts of player activity

They seemed very clear that was not going to be the case, and it was to be gone by phase 2.

Indeed - layering is going to distort the population of servers both ways.