We're not making enough noise about layering

I literally learned about this yesterday. I had no idea it went from limited sharding to this, because no one even bothered to question it or make it more of an issue. Fake lag, fake community, fake classic team. It’s like they want this damn game to fail.

I think blizzard lied and just gave the retail crappers what they wanted and planned it from the start. What I don’t get is, how are they ok with this? What decision ever made these lazy devs think “you know what would go great with classic? SHARDING! Not just any limited sharding, but a MEGA shard!”

What kind of fans did they hire to make this trash? BFA players that actually enjoy the version made for sweaty, basement dwellers/8 year olds.

2 Likes

It’s pretty ugly and shameless stuff. I’m just hoping once the game actually releases and more people actually experience it the outrage will be so much that Blizzard has to do something.

1 Like

They should have given us 25 servers, no layering. Period.

Layering will absolutely take away from the vanilla experience on PvP servers where WPvP is in its prime. I want to be able to recognize people I come across, I want to build rivals and be able to hunt them down if I have an idea of where they are. It’s going to be really stupid if I’m missing out on a good fight because I’m not on the damn layer. And I don’t want people to phase away from me.

3 Likes

I have no doubt some of people making noise against layering are large guilds that practised dominating the black lotus and devilsaur leather market on a private server to create a racket.

If that is the case then I say - QQ bad luck donald duck! :stuck_out_tongue:

I agree completely. At the very least they could have given us layering and no layering servers so we can choose.

They’re perverting their own game with this layering garbage.

I wonder how many people here ignored the thread stuck to the top.

Blizzard has stated that - at the latest- the layering will be removed by the beginning of content bucket #2

This. The sense of community was absolutely destroyed by cross-realm implementation. Even if everyone is from the server, it’s still splitting the community.

1 Like

Is “layering” even technical jargon? If you try googling it, it seems like a term invented out of thin air by this community.

Seems like a red flag that the community outrage might be taking on a life of its own. I chuckled when the guy in that video shouted out “ugh did I just get layered?!” when encountering what looks like any network bug.

You people are a bit slow aren’t you?

We don’t know the inside workings of Blizzard, NONE of you do.

And they SPECIFICALLY STATED that they will only be using the tech for the initial push to give us a vanilla experience, and nothing beyond that.

Sit down, and calm down.

Are you trolling? The creators of Classic WoW itself said in an interview the technology is called layering. Go watch Tipsouts interview with the Classic WoW team.

phasing/sharding/layering tech is the antithesis of vanilla/classic

nobody knows how long the “initial phase” or “phase 1” or whatever is/will be
that’s the issue here

4 Likes

Not only that but they can easily budge from just phase 1. They originally said just the starting zones and budged from that.

5 Likes

Probably because it’s not a big issue, and those that are blindly screaming that it is, have no idea what they’re talking about and people are tired of seeing their spam already.

2 Likes

Yeah blizzard didn’t destroy their own game single handedly by catering to greed. That never happened. It’s not happening right now either. We’re all screaming. Blindly. Because we’re in different layers and can’t see each other. Forever.

Are you really comparing corporate greed and shady anti consumer practices to a TEMPORARY fix to server congestion? lol

It’s temporary? Because they said so? Nevermind the fact all their retail servers rely on layering/sharding. Nevermind the fact there’s a laughable amount of classic servers. Nevermind the fact that they have changed the time frames around layering start/end as well as perimeters multiple times. Nevermind the fact that they lie such as this feature operates 100% like sharding while they have a big juicy quote on the internet saying they stayed up all night, invented new technology, and called it layering- JUST for classic wow of course! Nevermind the fact that sharding/layering is completely unwarranted and a plague to everything that is classic wow.

3 Likes

Do you have a better solution than just letting the servers die for a week at launch? I guarantee you don’t. You also just tried to deflect from the fact that you just compared coporate greed to, again, a Temporary fix to server congestion.

I’d rather the servers die for a week at launch then have layering in Classic for a month and potentially the entire thing.

5 Likes

How do you know it’s temporary? Just 'cause Blizz said so? This must be your first rodeo if you think that’s a guarantee of anything.

3 Likes

Just because they stated that doesn’t mean anything. They previously stated it would just be the starting zones, look how that turned out.