We're not making enough noise about layering

Exactly. Layering is going to dilute the best thing about Classic.

1 Like

Social interaction is a pillar of classic WoW, especially in the context of professions, and layering prohibits social interaction.

Layering needs to go in capital cities so players are free to interact with everyone.

I agree but I take it one further and I think layering needs to go completely. I can’t believe they’re going to try and cram so many people in so few servers. So much for community. 80k people on a server makes you just as nameless as 80k people sharded between 20 servers like on retail

So far it still looks like they’re gonna really go for layering, even while repeatedly stating in press interviews and ads that the game will be the same as in vanilla. Which is of course even without layering not technically accurate, but with layering it’s completely far off the original as a whole portion of the games life gets completely changed with it present. The beginning no less (which they say is also gonna be an “authentic” experience, btw).

So, at this point even if layering goes through, i think it might get removed way earlier than expected atm. Why? Cause the sh*tstorm will be so enormous as everyone expects a different game, but they wont get it. The layering exploits and interferences are going to be on a much bigger and more apparent scale than they already were on stress tests. Basically, it’s gonna be a giant mess, a PR disaster on par with real ID drama, and ingame is looking to be perma affected if people can reach max lvl before it gets turned off.

I’d be very surprised if layering is gonna last for more than 2 weeks after all that. Although seeing as they are willing to pull this off, there’s a chance they’re willing to piss off people even more than that. Fun times ahead. Just wish Blizzard would prevent this BS and keep the base game the same in the first place…like they set out to do. But now… #changes here we go. The doors are open. Blizz can still go back…but will they?

I agree Heidene. Especially since there was new clips now from the Stress test becoming popular showing people getting layered at level 4 and causing them to die. I hope the uproar is loud enough to get layering out as soon as possible.

sigh

It’s fine.
No videos showing that. Or you would link.
It’s feeling fantastic and community focused right now in the stress.

sigh

Here’s the link.

https://www.reddit.com/r/classicwow/comments/coja9q/layering_seriously_needs_to_get_fixed_before/

Nice try though.

4 Likes

Agreed 100%…

Layering is going to make the game feel just as nameless as retail, especially now seeing how many of us they’re trying to cram into just a few servers

1 Like

I’ll make it even easier for people to see:

The language is a little…mature. But if that’s what it takes to get Blizzard’s attention. They simply can’t have this on launch.

3 Likes

Sadly it doesn’t matter how much “noise we make” - they are going to do what they want to.

Gamers are wrong, game devs and share holders are right. Or so they think lmao

I’ve had no issues with layering this whole time in the stress test so far. My one experience with it was when I had to invite someone to get into their layer to do a trade. That is one extra step, true, but it was not that bad.

I feel like it should really be changed more than removed. I’d like to say non-layered capital cities (though maybe that would be crazy crowded?) and generally speaking, some form of layering control PER ZONE so that zones that aren’t overpopulated don’t get layered.

For example, if I am in The Barrens, and it’s layered into two layers, and I leave and go to Stonetalon, and Stonetalon only has like 50 players inside it, I should be put into the layer with those Stonetalon players. That way you only get layered if the game absolutely needs you to.

Dynamic spawns should really take care of a lot of this, though. At least, I’d think so.

I was in Org and it was not crowded at all. A tailor was trying to give away from bags for 6 linen and I could not find him because he was phased.

1. How is that even necessary in a sparsely populated City?
  2. For professions, it’s incredibly important to have easy access to crafters.

Giving away free enchants on the steps off SW bank. Open trade. Must be on my layer!

Yeah, that doesn’t sound like vanilla, at all.

1 Like

“I think most players will come from word of mouth”

Dude, this is not 2004, everyone knows what vanilla wow is, this is not “A new game that a few people have heard of before” this is a game atleast 130,000,000 people have played.

If you’d bothered to continue reading you’d see my answer for exactly what you’ve just said. I said word of mouth to players who used to play and have quit. You obviously just very quickly read a small part of my post and rushed to write something angry without bothering to check lol

Players who used to play and quit, i guarantee know its coming, its not like its been ALL OVER THE INTERNET for like a year

Bugs exist, that is not intended.

Yeah, I remember hearing that in the BfA alpha and beta and just before launch and after launch and 6 months after launch.

1 Like

https ://clips.twitch.tv/DeterminedInterestingClintCeilingCat

really I got a fresh never wow ever player to play from my words out of my mouth.

1 Like

Well, here’s the recent awesomeness of layering that people have been trying to say was corrected in beta and that these issues no longer exist.

What this video shows is exactly what I had happen to me in the very first stress test in the spider cave in Shadowglenn. I wasn’t concerned because I knew they were testing layering at the time and knew they still had a ways to go. By the end of the next stress test I wasn’t any longer unconcerned.

So what exactly has been fixed about layering I’m wondering? People can still abuse it by layer hopping and the issues I encountered in the very first stress test are still happening, with proof in the video. So what exactly has been fixed again?

This had really better be removed in a few weeks like promised.

3 Likes