We're not making enough noise about layering

Better than layering. Too bad we can’t just start out the way it’s going to end up anyway.

because day 1 queues would cause even more whining on the forums than anyone wants to see. Using layering to allow everyone to play on day 1 then remove it later when the population drops makes more sense.

Yes. They set the server variable to “LAYERING=0” and never turn it back to one? You must be new to this whole “Software” thing.

1 Like

likely it’s a Boolean variable so would be Layering = TRUE or Layering = FALSE

Again, you must be new to all this “Software” thing.

0 = Serialized representation of False.
Not 0 = Serialized representation of True. Usually as 1 or -1.

Using a boolean and using TRUE and FALSE allows for better accuracy.
Therefore you can use things like : if (Layering) then { activate layeringTech } easier

Not in a config.wtf file.

It requires you to read 4-5 alpha characters, then convert that to a variable using text comparison, invariant culture, case insensitive, whitespace removed.

Also, if Layering is loaded as 0 in an Integer variable, what language are you using that can’t interpret that as false??

How many full or high population servers do you think there will be in NA, three months after Classic launch?

If Layering succeeds in its goals, maybe 70%.

I mean numbers. How many servers.

Sure. Tell me how many servers they’re going to launch with, and I’ll tell you how many servers will be high population.

I’m asking this guy how many servers he thinks Classic will have that will be full or high population. I wasn’t talking to you.

Sure, but he’s living in a fantasy world where unicorns prance in his back yard and mermaids live in the pool :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I think so as well. I just want to know how far off the deep end he is.

Curiosity.

nobody knows the answer to this (even the person you are asking which is not me) but personally I feel it will be much less than anyone imagined it will be. Yes the first few months there will be many high pop servers (hence the need for layering) but then many will realize that classic is not the same as current WoW and will go back to retail for the QoL improvements then the population will level off making many of them drop to a manageable (without layering) population.

He probably thinks classic will have hundreds of servers aftet the initial drop off happens.

Im gonna give a rough idea of maybe 30 servers. Could be higher or lower. But around 30.

I’m sticking to my 500k players. Which evenly distributed, using a 40% peak, would require a minimum of 67 servers. So probably 70-80 servers of mostly high population.

For NA servers? I think your guess is pretty good.

Also, anyone using Classic Runescape as an indicator of Classic WoW’s future success may want to rethink that position. Classic Runescape shut down in August of 2018.

In what universe?

In this one.