We're DH's accepted back into blood eleven society?

How do the blood elves view DHs? Is there any cannon on this

I don’t see why the Blood elves would have a problem accepting them back. On the other hand, I don’t see why the DHs would want to come back. They’re even more over the top edgy than Death knights.

2 Likes

How are they edgy and why wouldn’t they want to come back

… are… are you joking?

27 Likes

Have you seen a DH?

1 Like

seeing as all blood elves currently want to go to outland, it’d kind of be odd “not” to have some chemistry with demon hunters seeing as outland and the black temple in particular are their base of operations, plus many of the current Illidari were/are blood elves so i’d be surprised if 90% of the race didn’t clamor over themselves to be first in line to be a new demon hunter if they ever did reach outland.

1 Like

Since when do all blood elves want to go back to Outland

15 Likes

kinda been their thing really, its explained as the whole reason the race even joined the horde (the in-universe explanation anyways). I’d say it’s been since umbric was exiled, since he and the remaining high elves were some of the few actively opposing horde assimilation.

EDIT: though this may have probably changed with kael’thas being a traitor, plus the only reason they didn’t side with the alliance was that one racist alliance general, though if we’re being reasonable alliance is still culturally closer to the pre/post scourge massacre high/blood elves, not to mention they openly sided with the conglomeration containing the prior scourge (now forsaken) who destroyed their homes and families? just bad lore writing really…

1 Like

Err… no?

They wanted to join Kael’thas in Outland at the start, sure, it was advertised to them as a promised land full of magic and free of scourge.
But that kinda ended when Outland turned out to be a craphole and Kael was revealed to be evil and stupid. They’re pretty cemented in Quel’thalas now thanks to the Sunwell, with no interest in Outland whatsoever.

As for the OP, I’d imagine they would be. But you never know, Lor’thebob’s an idiot who likes to exile people whenever he can.

13 Likes

I don’t believe there’s any canon answer to this question. As for what I think the answer should be, I’m torn. It’s actually really close to my thoughts on the question of “Should warlocks be accepted by society in general?”

On the one hand, there’s no good reason visible in lore that they shouldn’t be. On the other hand, the class fantasy is one that lends itself to isolation and separation from society at large.

So, I dunno. Honestly, it staying vague is probably very convenient for a number of roleplayers.

2 Likes

Feeding on demon energy is a blood elf thing. They shouldn’t have any parrticular issues with demon hunters save for the fact that they’re terrible guests at parties with their habit of greeting their fellow guests with “What have you sacrificed?”

12 Likes

Blood eleves never knew they were feeding in fel magic. They never fed on demon blood. Confirmed by one of the writers

4 Likes

honestly it’d be more accurate to say they were irradiated by fel than drinking demon blood like the actual blood elf demon hunters did in outland, the fel is actually in those weird crystals we all see floating around in the blood elf starter quest used to power their buildings and tech similar to the ones imprisoning people in stars sanctum. it’s more like bruce banner with gamma radiation only minus the blood elves turning into huge hulking orc like things they just sort of got fel/gamma eyes going on (note to self see what happens if you anger a blood elf…) :rofl:.

There’s so much wrong in this thread.

10 Likes

Blood Elves currently feed on Light energy, its been, what, a decade since the Sunwell became a fount of holy light?

The Sunwell’s energy is supposedly part Light, part Arcane.

“Yes, I know you are your scars. You don’t have to keep reminding me.”

3 Likes

Just the same, Arcane and Light appear to be compatible. The Light is actively curing their addiction, as per the blood elf intro, and the arcane part will still let them live their long life spans.

There’s very little info on Blood Elf Demon Hunters, in fact their existence itself is a retcon from what lore we had prior to Legion and the Illidan novel. Before that, there were no canon ‘fully fledged’ Blood Elf Demon hunters, due to a combination of Illidan considering them inferior, and that Blood Elves didn’t have the same capacity to survive the process as Night Elves did.

But, in terms of acceptance, I don’t think there would be much issue with that, not nearly as much of an issue as Night Elf Demon Hunters would have getting acceptance from their own people (which was almost entirely glossed over in Legion for… reasons).

While it’s often hard to remember since Blood Elves these days are much more generic and are essentially just… sad High Elves, as a whole their society is supposed to be pragmatic and ruthless, without much care for propriety. These are a people who basically allowed the weakest of them to become withered mana addicts, and freely killed those same dregs without remorse, who cannibalized their old constructs without a second thought, and basically lived, and continue to live, in the ruins of their past glory, vindictive and cunning. You have succubi lording over leper gnome slaves as they work in a textiles shop, practically in the open. Demon Hunters in the context of what Blood Elves are generally ‘supposed’ to be would fit right in. The issue with the Sunwell simply wouldn’t be one, Demon Hunters are disconnected from that sort of thing, much like Kaldorei Demon Hunters are cut off from Moonwells and Elune’s grace.

The only issue of trust I can think of, logically, would be that the Illidari Blood Elves were all pretty much considered part of Kael’thas’ betrayal of his people. But Legion seems to almost entirely ignore The Burning Crusade as it happened, so that’s pretty much null.

5 Likes

What ever lore claimed Illidan thought blood elves were inferior demon hunters, directly contradicts the Burning Crusade era quests involving Varedis Felsoul, which state he showed better command of his powers than many veteran night elf demon hunters, and was considered a prodigy by Illidan. Illidan assigned 3 master demon hunters to train him, and within a year he had surpassed them.

14 Likes

That contradicts TBC, where it was stated Blood Elves took to being Demon Hunters easier than Night elves did.

2 Likes