"We're always open to feedback, but I doubt we'll change our mind on automatic dungeon finder."

Threads and videos are created by complainers. The reason there aren’t thousands of happy anti-RDF posts/videos is because those people got what they wanted, no need to go shouting about it.

PLENTY of folks are happy it’s not in. I am one of those folks. It’s a tool for the lazy, and I’m glad it’s not in. If you want a group for a dungeon, you’ll look for one. Or help them make the LFG tool better to make it easier for you to find one. But instead, RDF people are just like “I know how to fix the LFG tool! Make it the RDF tool. Done. Bam. Easy fix.” Which is what I expect from a group that actively seeks a way to be more lazy.

5 Likes

Jesus you people miss the entire context:

Even aside from YouTubers no major publication or forum supports anti-RDF.

2 Likes

Honestly just soubds like youre crying to me. If they put RDF in GREAT! If they dont then oh well i think youll survive

Imagine using YouTube and forum likes as a metric to make design decisions

kekw out of touch

3 Likes

More than half of these videos and streamers just want views. If there was RFD you’d see videos of why there should be no RFD LOL (I’ve seen them back in 2012).

Kk show me what you consider a valid source for anti-RDF representation.

Nah once that XP buff ends all you have is a janky LFG retail tool that doesn’t work and a nerfed dungeon experience, leveling experience will be horrible and so will finding groups end game since LFG chat will be spammed with GDKPs and boosts like before.

They absolutely need to do something about it.

I mean sure but most websites, forums, discords all point to pro-RDF.

The anti-RDF crowd are small and few, they have no real support from any credible source.

1 Like

People on both sides of this always say the data is in their favor. The truth is we don’t have any data, because blizzard can’t be bothered to actually collect it, because they don’t really care what we want as long as it doesn’t impact subs too much. No RDF is easier than RDF, so they went with no RDF then came up with some “community” based reasons to justify it.

I am for RDF, but the only way they will change their mind is if subs drop off considerably and I just don’t see that happening.

Just watch lmao, the people coming to WoTLK Classic will expect a 2008 experience only to find half the systems from the original game are gutted with mass RMT and GDKP.

Knowing this community every raid tier will have a GDKP the 2nd week out with mass bots farming gold daily, this happened in both 2019 Classic and 2021 TBC. Wrath will be exploited the same way and all of these changes make it ripe for exploitation.

I appreciate you taking the time to do the legwork to investigate your hypothesis.

To be perfectly honest, I would argue they aren’t even listening to our rabid anti-rdf sweat lords. Blizzard has a long and storied history of making decisions based on this misplaced philosophy they know best for the player base.

That mindset might have been proper through WOTLK, and can we blame them? Those teams built the most popular MMO in the history of video games. But that success created the hubris we saw on display through SystemLands. And look where we are today.

All that to say, the Classic Team isn’t listening to feedback; they made this decision because they have a vision for the game it is by the grace of their divine plan that they will lead us into the promised land.

After living through 18 years of Blizzard’s wow team decisions, I’m not surprised.

3 Likes

You cant break 100 likes on a single thread, the majority of players DO NOT use the Forums AND YOU CANT EVEN GET UNANIMOUS CONSENSUS ON THE FORUMS.

You are minority within a minority. You need to accept this.

Also WHO CARES ABOUT STREAMERS. Theyre unironically responsible for the entire server population fiasco because “i wanna play on the streamer server and give asmongold money :DDDDD” was somehow a prevalent mindset.

F streamers.

2 Likes

The worst part is that WoTLK was already a smash hit but all the people that made WoW successfully slowly left the company, it seems like all those who remain are Activision bots sent to just put pure profit over players.

I mean it works to a certain extent, I see people riding around on that tacky $80 store mount while flexing their Lv 70 boosts as they AFK in AV.

I just don’t think it will work long term, they will eventually cave in and just claim they listened to the playerbase the whole time.

What are you even talking about lmao, i’m done feeding you. Seriously, I get that you want to be a troll but this is kinda sad your responses contradict each other and make virtually no sense.

Learn to read before spouting the same nonsense as the other 5 of your alt accounts.

1 Like

majority

No. Stop lying to yourself. Accept reality or its going to hurt when it corrects you.

:v:

1 Like

Starve the trolls people, without attention they just fall apart much like most of the anti-RDF trolls lol.

Narrowing down to just the discourse on the WOTLK Classi sub-forum here, it’s very odd for you to claim that the pro-RDF crowd is the minority.

2 Likes

“Enough people cheering” always makes me laugh. Those guys have no shame.

Nobody cheered. Blizz got ripped to shreds everywhere for removing RDF, and they continue to as well. But it doesn’t matter. They’ll keep referencing these phantom players who don’t exist that they’re trying to appease. But we all know that’s total BS.

7 Likes

Lol people shut up about “the minority” none of you actually have the numbers and you’re arguing something that you can’t prove.

1 Like

I actually did the research, can you find me a single popular anti-RDF argument on ANY website/forum/video?

I can provide you thousands of pro-RDF arguments though.

1 Like

We want RDF. Give the customers what they want, this is getting old. Plus all the bugs we’ve been reporting for months on beta, STILL IN GAME.

YOU NEED TO ACTUALLY WORK ON CLASSIC IF YOU WANT OUR MONEY

4 Likes

Sounds more like you looked for evidence that matched your hypothesis. If you compile your “research” nicely onto a spreadsheet showing your numbers and explaining your criteria, I’ll be interested in checking it out. You can’t just link to a handful of comments and posts and claim majority though, you’re gonna need a large sample size of both sides to prove your point.

3 Likes

Nope, I said it right here:

I didn’t type in “Pro RDF” or “Pro Dungeon Finder”, just the general term to find all the arguments.

Posts that mention it on the Reddit are instantly downvoted and have many people arguing for RDF, the videos on YouTube for example have a majority of them being pro-RDF garnering thousands and thousands of views while the ones I saw that were anti-RDF were getting heavily disliked and even on the forums here you see a lot more pro-RDF support than anti-RDF.

I even tried looking up major websites and publications and virtually no credited source has even supported the stance of anti-RDF.

The disparity between both sides shows that there is clearly a majority and a minority and the logic behind the Classic Dev is incredibly flawed and lacks any sort of evidence.