Wellp, found a false flag for bans

So my cousin in Florida wanted to play WoW but has very little extra money. and I really wanted to play with him as he is a blast and we used to play CS for hours on end and I am an addicted wow degenerate :P… So I bought him a $50 blizzard balance card at Best Buy to buy TWW $49.99. Obviously I didn’t want to use my credit card for the monthly and also bought him the $29.99 2 month blizzard card as well and let him know past that he needs to figure it out.

So he setup his account successfully with both of the above cards. I then flew to his new level 1 toon in Org and gave him 200k for expedition yak and then whatever else he needed to get going. Within 5 seconds of completing the trade with him he was kicked and banned. We already sent an email to support, just no answer yet, but how angry we were at the time we spent, and MONEY, getting setup 100% legit and giving him my earned gold legit and he STILL got banned. Nothing happened to my account.

Here is the email:
The Battle.net account has violated the Blizzard End User License Agreement. As a result, this Battle.net Account and all associated game accounts have been permanently closed. As the owner of this account, you are responsible for all actions associated with it. We will only overturn penalties if there is evidence of a compromised account. Read our Account Hacked article for details: https://battle.net/support/article/9852

The account was literally under 10 minutes old… /shrug

2 Likes

Well, to get the meat of the matter: Nothing can be done over the forums about this. More so when it’s a 3rd party.

And he’d need to file an appeal, not through email, on the site to get this handled.

7 Likes

Only your friend can appeal this, by ticket not email.

Make sure they created the account with real details. Especially their name.

9 Likes

Yeah I get it…I just thought I should let both CS and the player base know as it might prevent other people from the same awful experience.

In retrospect though, I can see how that might be a flag given their stance on non credit card accounts.

There is more to this! For blizzard to ban a entire bnet account and not just a single license of wow speaks volumes.

Your cousin has to put in a appeal

7 Likes

I’m not aware of any “stance” Blizz has on whatever a “non credit card account” is.

Indeed it is. But it states that the whole battle.net account was closed, not just the WoW account and that is a significant difference to just a suspension or ban on a WoW account (which is what is more typical).

Hopefully your cousin will be able to sort things out through the appeal process.

9 Likes

Here’s what the system sees: A fresh level one toon on a fresh license, on a fresh Battle.net account, logging in to the game for the first time and immediately receiving 200k gold.

Can you understand how that could look like RMT?

11 Likes

The prepaid cards that you added how legit where the places you got them from?

3 Likes

Rmt would not close the entire bnet , much more to this

did you read my post, your answers are there…clearly you skimmed my post and then made accusations and there isn’t more to it, it wasn’t even my account. How I stated is precisely how it happened.

1 Like

Yes i did read it! Your cousin needs to put in a appeal and wait. Nothing can be done here

4 Likes

I would lean towards the new player had programs on their computer, maybe for work or another game, and it immediately tripped Warden.

I agree there’s probably much more to this, but RMT (IF that’s what this was for) can certainly close an entire Bnet account, if Blizzard wishes.

No accusations have been made. They are suggesting things we have seen in the past that have led to account actions, in the interest of trying to help you.

And because it’s not your account, Blizzard isn’t really going to be able to give you information. It’s between them and Blizzard.

10 Likes

If it was an email - you will never hear back. We don’t take incoming contacts in emails.

It needs to be a ticket.

18 Likes