Well, we're in Microsoft town now

Coming to a blizzard store near you!

Buy this super awesome magic box of Dragonflight food and potions bundled with 500 tenders and with an additional chance of collecting this exclusive glowing dragon mount!

Only for the super low price of $19.99! Act now before this magic box leaves the store forever!!!

(Enter Superman dude)
Omg. You are are saving at least 100 dollars by buying this bundle. You should be grateful peasants.

2 Likes

But he made his own game. Therefore he’s a knowledgeable tool. :dracthyr_crylaugh:

2 Likes

That’s unfortunate. I was able to just migrate my Mojang account over to Microsoft and got the Bedrock Edition for free in the process.

2 Likes

Don’t watch talking heads. Will make my decisions based off the forum base! :laughing:

2 Likes

Hopefully now people will stop trying to be cool and edgy calling everything Blizzard makes as Activision. Even though Activision didn’t own Blizzard but now Microsoft owns them (both).

2 Likes

It wasn’t that big of a hassle but it could get annoying with family members using the old login info and then whine that they couldn’t log in to play.

1 Like

you mean microsoft plz close this post :joy:

broke: bobby needs a new yacht jokes
bespoke: bill needs a new yacht jokes

1 Like

Is this like a Flintstones themed mmo expac? WoW needs a Flintstones cross over.

Kul Tirans kind of look like Fred and Dwarves like Barney.

2 Likes

Asked my son about what a gamepass meant. His response:
"So if wow goes on the game pass, $15 month would give you a wow sub plus access to an entire library of games, very good deal.

Plus, anyone with a game pass that doesn’t play wow may play because it doesn’t cost them anything extra, so player count likely to go way up"

True? Thoughts?

7 Likes

cool, we can make fun of Bobby Kotick now

1 Like

https://www.seattletimes.com/business/microsofts-bid-for-activision-gets-uk-approval-it-removes-the-last-hurdle-to-the-gaming-deal/?utm_source=marketingcloud&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=BNA_101323130953+BREAKING+Microsoft+closes+Activision+Blizzard+deal_10_13_2023&utm_term=Former%20Subscriber

2 Likes

Best part of the Bill Gates jokes are the people who aren’t aware that Bill Gates hasn’t been a part of microsoft for years.

11 Likes

People will now blame Microsoft instead of Activision for the things they hate about WoW.

6 Likes

Yep, that’s entirely possible, and, I would think, quite probable, if they were to add WoW to GamePass. Would they stick around after? Who knows… it may get people to sign up or stick with game pass longer, but it would completely cannibalize its own subscriber base. Why pay the same amount for just WoW when you get WoW and all of Game Pass? Though that may be nice for their other games and get people involved in playing them.

In other words – Who knows what they’ll do?

3 Likes

If Microsoft thinks they’re going to raise the sub cost, we better get a hell of a lot more content. If they move the WoW sub to the XBox Game Pass, I’ll be able to play Starfield for free.

1 Like

Sure, sounds good on paper. But I would wager it would also open the floodgates for a whole lot more "micro"transactions.

1 Like

So now the forums will be flooded with qq posts blaming Microsoft for all their personal in game grievances. Even though they’ve already stated that the company would continue to work independently.

4 Likes

Now Clippy is gonna be put into wow.

Hi there! It looks like you’re trying to whisper someone about their mother’s promiscuity after a pvp match. Would you like help with that?

9 Likes

Omg that’s great!
:dracthyr_hehe_animated: :dracthyr_hehe_animated: :dracthyr_hehe_animated:

2 Likes

Pfft, look at this poster here believing what they’re told from the Microsoft Corpo BigWigs. We got an MS shill here, people!

In all seriousness, I think it’d be impossible to exert zero influence over a wholly-owned subsidiary. There will always be official and unofficial pressures that come to shape decisions.

2 Likes