Well... That was faster than expected

Ah, the modern version of the Golden Rule: Those who have the gold make the rules.

1 Like

Cool, it’ll be nice to see some new things for people to complain about.

Was just talking with another player about this in a different forum post.

They think that it will blow over and things will return to how they were before.

I think that this whole situation will haunt ActiBlizz for a long time to come. The only redeeming quality I could see making these allegations less notorious is if they re-structure adequately and sustainably. A more positive, inclusive and more safe workplace for their employees.

But really, only time will tell. We have to wait to see how the suits play out, right?

1 Like

You expect anything to really change? Other then maybe a few new firings based on the walk out?

Except the DHEF has a pretty good track record of winning their cases. The Chief council just won their lawsuit again Riot and is in the process of going for a larger settlement of 400 million.

She also successfully beat Google Inc while she was at the USDOL.

1 Like

Yet, that NINE BILLION DOLLARS of value is still gone, the employees are pushing to unionize, and the game is still bad while FF keeps breaking records.

Yep, nothing to see here.
:rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

Depends on what comes out in the civil case. Many times the civil case is used to draw out more evidence to pursue individual criminal charges. But we just have to wait it out and see.

they will stop any attempt to improve the workers lot. and we will begin the cycle anew. Another workplace will have the exact same problem in about two months time.

So it goes. So it goes…

Was hoping this one would be big enough they would actually get a solution but… doesn’t look like it.

i also called it.

people have short attention spans, were ragy but wernt ganna change anything or were just on the bandwagon

Just because you’ve moved on, doesn’t mean everyone else has.

Investors are paying attention. Stock was down again Monday. Q2 earnings call is today.

Kotick, Brack, & Townsend (who was hired to lie because she did it so well regarding torture and they knew this poo-nado was coming), should all have stepped down by now if they had a shred of integrity.

If the Board doesn’t do something soon, it will get worse no matter what the Q2 numbers end up being. Big $$$$$ serious investors don’t like losing money to this kind of preventable stupidity.

I hope Blizz employees have already contacted whomever is assisting Jeff Strain’s company, along with the AFL-CIO to start the unionization process.
~https://www.ign.com/articles/jeff-strain-its-time-letter-unionize-games-industry

They need to force Blizzard to lead the industry in ethical business practices, because it’s beyond obvious at this point Kotick is incapable of saving the company, otherwise it never would have gotten to this point, nor would he have had the need to employ Professional Liar Townsend.

What’s going to work against the union-busting firm Kotick hired, (the same one Amazon used to scare their employees away from unionizing), is that a large amount of Blizzard employees are ex-Disneyland employees (as is a large percentage of OC.) Disneyland has 11 different unions covering 90% of its workforce. So the chances are high those employees also know how important that was for them when they were at DL.

2 Likes

Hm, I missed this one. ty.

1 Like

It’s only exciting for players for whom this was probably one of the more exciting things to have happened in their lives, having something they were associated get sued for something. For most big companies, lawsuits are a fact of being in business, you can check each public company’s 10K to see what legal action they are involved in at any one time. Not to diminish the importance of the lawsuit, but it’s probably not affecting people’s lives in operational roles at all.

I’m guessing they will make some internal changes in preparation for a settlement that meets the plaintiff’s needs, a financial figure for compensation will be agreed upon and everyone will move on. It’s not in anyone’s interest, whether it’s Blizz, Activision, the state of California, the plaintiffs or the employees, to have this keep going and turn into a big issue. They will eventually agree on a solution that makes everyone happy and move on.

:roll_eyes: like:

• Gravtiy
  • The Sun
  • Atmosphere

An unemotional take is always the best; it allows everyone to intelligently debate to come to a refined conclusion as opposed to argue endlessly with emotional opinions. From what I have gathered: It could be possible that many forum-goers who have decided and posted they would unsubscribe, have unsubscribed (therefore have no intent or purpose to post any longer on the ActiBlizz drama). I came to this conclusion based on the PvP forums. The PvP forums were riddled en masse with PvP gear needs to be equal ilvl - which slowly died out (because many feel discouraged to play with current system). They decided to unsubscribe/quit and therefore are not making the posts. The PvP forum posts that are available only receive at most 200 views (regardless of posts) so it’s safe to say many have quit PvP/game (for PvP side players).

In conclusion, the same is/has happened to those of General Discussion - They slowly unsubscribe/find new interests outside of ActiBlizz drama.

Any thoughts/your take?

Agreed.

Sexual assault and harassment aren’t the only crimes.

• Pay inequities.
  • Promotion inequities.
  • Professional treatment inequities.
  • Harassing women while breastfeeding.
  • Setting up a camera in the bathrooms.
  • A large part of the executive management team participated in a criminal coverup of sexual harassment and assault making them Aiders & Abettors and Accessories After The Fact of all the assaults that continued to happen because cowards like Kotick and Brack failed to do their jobs. (I hope the shareholders sue for damages because of their negligence.)

And that’s just some of the illegal stuff. It’s not counting being grossly unprofessional like this:

~https://www.vice.com/en/article/3aq4vv/blizzard-recruiters-asked-hacker-if-she-liked-being-penetrated-at-job-fair

Good. It needed to happen.

Yes, congratulations on your new echo chamber because almost everyone who cared left already.

2 Likes

This.

State of CA DFEH (Dept of Fair Employment & Housing), isn’t going to bring a case after a two-year investigation that it’s not 99% sure it’s going to win.

Also, most things listed aren’t just employees whining. Blizzard broke a metric poo-ton of actual labor laws, apart from the more salacious sexual assaults.

1 Like

Who says anyone is going quietly.
No matter the parties involved, I would wager the first thing out the mouths of their legal advisors has been ‘make your statement, then shut up and wait for your day in court or at the settlement table’.
Hooting and hollaring here does nothing but send up pointless flares.

Get rid of the “woke” activists and you get rid of most drama. Most people just want to live their lives in (relative) peace.