Well... That was faster than expected

Seems like the atmosphere has returned mostly to normal after the news of the lawsuit and the public/internal outrage surrounding it. It’s been about 2 weeks since the news broke and I was not expecting the employees to go quiet this soon, especially with their last statement about continuing demonstrations. Seems like the internal movement lost a lot of support after Bobby’s statement, still gotta say I’m surprised that they let up so fast and without any of the executives who downplayed it being fired/resigning.

3 Likes

A few weeks/a month from now nobody will remember any of this. Unless blizzard screws up something else which is very likely.

10 Likes

It’ll hit the news cycle again when they announce a settlement just ahead of the trial.

5 Likes

You don’t know what is going on internally. There could be meetings or plans that we have no idea about.

It’s not about you. They aren’t there to put on a show for you.

20 Likes

Wanna bet?

“Hey, you guys got your passports ready?”

Let’s distract the screaming mob by removing “offensive” things from the game… while we plot our exit strategy.

3 Likes

I’m talking about the people. If they decide to put on a show (walkouts and the like), that’s what they want to do. If they aren’t, then that’s what they want to do. They don’t exist so Similey can get some satisfaction was my point.

I’ve already pointed out how idiotic that is elsewhere, but it has nothing to do with the employees and their work environment which was the point of them striking out at the company.

2 Likes

New raid finder wing is opening this week. Plus there’s still stuff to get in Korthia. We gave the whole workplace sucks thing a week, can’t expect sympathy to last forever.

I know that sounds cold, but the way I look at it is if people expected me to be back to normal 2 weeks after a loved one passed away, a week for inappropriate work place stuff seems fair.

1 Like

This, the internet justice machine has the attention span of a squirrel.

3 Likes

News has a short lifespan, without new fresh gossip what will people talk about? They’ve already said what they wanted to say, guess they could say it again but that will start to look weird lol.

Yeah, the lawsuit is dealt within the justice system, not in the basement of social justice warriors or the in-game walk-outs.

2 Likes

Everything you posted is purely your opinion. You have no idea what is being done internally. I think you are just sad the fire is going down and you want to poor gasoline on it.

4 Likes

Yes, and also this is another opinion:

Everything is an opinion.

I wouldn’t count your chips until the lawsuit kicks into gear.

2 Likes

Pretty much this.

They’ll give up in short order when it’s an actual problem, but they’ll go to the ends of the earth to push cancel culture and ruin lives in situations where anyone with two brain cells can see that the claims are either false or the SJWs have blown something ridiculously out of proportion.

Honestly? SJWs more often than not turn out to be the actual degenerates, and their plans to boycott things tend to fall apart fast if the boycott is going to adversely affect them. In the few cases where they do latch onto a legit issue, people tend to avoid supporting them due to the fact that they’ve shouted “THE SKY IS FALLING!” one too many times.

I think that’s what we’re seeing here: you’ve got a number of them that want to virtue signal, but they know a boycott means they can’t play Blizzard products, so they are doing the absolute bare minimum. Add to the fact that some of the Blizzard employees that took part in the walkout were quick to divert attention to a few of their SJW pet projects, and I think you’ve now got people on the fringes/the outside looking in thinking this is another set of overblown #MeToo lies.

I know Jeremy isn’t everyone’s cup of tea, but he isn’t wrong. In many cases, not even actual victims want to be associated with SJWs. By making it about them, they’ve taken a real issue/problem, and have made quite a few people look at what is happening and not want to get lumped in with the crazies.

Bottom line: aside from their reputation, there is now a pretty fair chance that Blizzard is going to get out of this with minimal damage. Hell, I wouldn’t be surprised if they had a few of their woke employees join in as a means of trying to sabotage things and stall out the backlash.

This is exactly what Blizzard wants: change some NPCs/items, say they are sorry, and attempt to settle this out of court. I think the only way we see anything major happen at this point is if the state of California wants to make an example of them, or if actual criminal charges are pursued in some manner, and I’ve been 50/50 on the criminal charges happening.

2 Likes

This is what’s most significant to me. It’s not really about Blizzard. People committed sexual assault crimes and need to go to jail. I’m going to be really upset if that doesn’t happen. Very impotently upset… But upset nonetheless.

1 Like

And that’s where the problem lies. Treating employees like dirt in an office setting? Yeah, that makes you a terrible person, but it’s not something you can nail a criminal charge to.

The Cosby Suite? Yeah, the chat shows what the intention was, but go ahead and prove a criminal act happened in there. Hook ups are pretty common at conventions. If any women willingly went up to the room knowing full well there was a chance of something happening, then that’s automatically an uphill battle. Unless you can somehow prove someone got drugged and was talked into going up there, anyone claiming any sort of assault occurring within that room is going to be one person’s word against the other.

I think if it goes to a civil trial there’s pretty good odds of criminality coming up. But my crystal ball’s broken so only time will tell.

Blizz will do PR stuff for now.
They will win the case and counter with a defamation law suit. They will recover money, blizz happy investors happy.
Actual victims don’t get justice
Players deal with crappy in game systems

Most people don’t care and never cared. It was a buzz topic at best

2 Likes

I thank the system for this.
It’s not perfect but it prevents idiotic keyboard warriors with no real world experience from running society.

2 Likes