Well... RIP Night Elves

Sylvanas and the jailer broke the cycle, whats so hard to understand, they arent suppose to go there, sylvanas and her boy toy help break what is actually suppose to happen

After all the complaining I’ve had to listen to for the past two years, I say good riddance.

1 Like

The complaining was in response to the race getting utterly destroyed and it’s not the last time you’ll hear me complaining, not before they have atleast hinted at something that will be positive for the night elves.

6 Likes

It was also mentioned that the Shadowlands was broken in some way for years, so it probably started when Sylvanas died and made her deal with the Val’kyr since the Jailer would have had to let her go in the first place.

If the cycle of death itself is broken, then wherever the souls are supposed to go wouldn’t matter.

1 Like

I can assure you that I never even considered that to be a possibility…

6 Likes

Well be honest here, is it really too much to ask to give the night elves a single positive moment? 8.1 was the perfect time for that but they screwed that up so…

4 Likes

Also, Ardenweald is especially running out of magic soul dust or whatever it’s called. Why is it more impacted than the others? Does this impact Elune? I’m actually really interested in this.

1 Like

Elune has historically only done the star thing for individuals of great importance to her. I imagine taking tens of thousands of souls and making them all into stars at once might be a bit taxing on her ability to influence Azeroth.

As for Ardenweald, we don’t have confirmation that Elune controls that zone as far as I know. Ardenweald is a place where those connected to nature go, and not all the wild gods and other nature beings are connected to Elune.

And even then, Ardenweald is one of the realms having souls taken from them. So they wouldn’t be safe there anyway.

Blizzard. Does not. Read. The story forums. Even if they did, one fan spamming the same topics over and over isn’t going to change their minds.

1 Like

They’ve straight up come out and said they don’t listen to play feedback on story. This isn’t even an “even if they did” kind of a thing; they simply don’t care.

2 Likes

did they really say that? :confused:

“Specifically with World of Warcraft, our creative director Alex [Afrasiabi] said a wonderful thing. He said our story rooms are dojos. They’re sacred places. And we try to tell a story as best we can and to make our players as happy as we can. But we try not to let the negativity enter the dojo,” said George Krstic, Blizzard’s director of story and franchise development during his keynote address at Reboot Develop today.

“You’ve got to clear your mind, focus your mind and do good work. Do we listen to our players and our fans? Absolutely. But also we try not to let that distract us from our end goal of the expansion or the new patch. We have a plan. We are listening. But also those voices can get pretty loud out there.

So they technically listen to us… sometimes? I think?

1 Like

Listening to only positive feedback is not not listening to feedback.

That would be like a restaurant listening only to customers who say “The service was great; wonderful staff, polite and courteous. Loved the presentation of the food and the atmosphere.”

But… not listening to the customers who say “I’ve been here five times and each and every time, everyone who I ate with got horrifically sick because the food was undercooked and the chef’s wouldn’t listen when we asked for it to be more fully cooked.”

Case and point: Night Elves in Darkshore. What Blizz did broke the lore they’ve set up; it trashed the Kaldorei story, their culture, and the characters that many people really enjoyed. And for what gain? To make a set of prop villains for a warfront?

We told them so many times that it wasn’t a good idea, that people who care about the story thought it was a terribly negative direction to go in, and yet they doubled down on it.

Another point being the carbon copy repeat of MoP, down to the point of the Horde’s warchief becoming the villain and leading into the next expansion to do the same dang thing Garrosh did.

If a company won’t listen to the players when they very loudly shout “We don’t want this anymore; please listen to us and stop”, then no - they’re not listening to feedback: ever.

8 Likes

Dethroned warchief escapes into alternate reality in order to screw with this one.

I never bought in to the MoP re-hash, because it’s a war, there’s going to be some similarities, moreso when it is edgelord vs. goodboy.

And there are some real differences, to be fair. Garrosh, in his messed up way, really cared about the Horde. I still wish that had ended on a more ambiguous note, rather than brutal oppression and old gods. Garrosh’s objectives were always to expand and strengthen the Horde (at least, his version of it.)

Sylvanas was just using them as hamburger in her 4D chess plan we can’t possibly understand with our feeble meat-brains even now.

But when the thing ends at Orgrimmar, with the Warchief peacing out into magic land, parallels are inevitable.

Blizzard doesn’t allow criticism in their dojo. If it asn’t obvious in their “lore” stream, they only allow in sycophant praise and cronyism.

2 Likes

“We’re gonna learn more about Tyrande’s story. Obviously, she is still very upset about what happened to her people. That’s going to lead her to Ardenweald. She’s gonna get some answers to some questions, and there’s gonna be some stuff coming with her that’s too spoiler-y to talk about but there’s more Tyrande…. All I can say is she has a pretty big story moment in Ardenweald. Very big role also.”

Hey man, I didn’t ask for this crap. My Sylvanas-centric fan fiction contains absolutely zero genocides. In fact, it’s the opposite! They usually involve making more people.

1 Like

It is speculated that Elune is two sided and that the night is like some death type magic/power. I’m wondering if we get any of this? I think they will do something with her, but who knows what. But I think they used her to keep the HORDE vs ALLIANCE thing alive tbh. I mean everyone else wants peace…Blood Elves almost got talked to in joining the alliance awhile ago. Maybe she will kill Sylvanas and end up in the Maw too.

But I really wish they’d explain Elune more. It is just more unfinished stories…and loose ends…

It is like what about the sword still stuck in the planet??? lol.

Big role =/= fulfilling conclusion or resolution. Knowing how Blizz writes their characters, she’ll have a big way on the road to madness where she abandons the Night Elves entirely and becomes a villain.

3 Likes

„However, as Tyrande survived the Night Warrior’s ritual, deemed worthy by Elune to wield her dark power, perhaps Elune has chosen Tyrande as her vessel to face Sylvanas–once the goddess is no longer weakened.“