Well, mog farming in LFR is over for geared players

I mean… I’ve had multiple LFRs this week where we were all 230-250 that went just fine.

2 Likes

The worst part is it fixes nothing. 304 rando M+ boot would allow me to roll on those 265 boots for mog. So it’s not like they’re entirely preventing geared players from taking the loot, only preventing players who already have a higher mog from obtaining a lower mog.

The run back took less time than the trash efficiency they gained, it was win win.

Not my fault they didn’t see the Shaman hero’d trash and they stood on the ramp when I reset the boss.

thank god for the creation catalyst, I guess. non tier xmog gear is going to be a pain in the :peach: to get though

Season 4 should not be used as a reference for LFR difficulty. The raid mechanics are well known at this point and tuned pretty low.

It’s the first month or so of DF S1 that will see the biggest impact.

I think it will be fine honestly.

I mean, you say that but none of the LFR bosses this xpac were LFR N’zoth in terms of difficulty.

LFR n’zoth wasn’t difficult, people just couldn’t press 1 button.

Remove the cloak and he wouldn’t have had issues.

Seen quite a few stacks quite a few times on Sylvannas.

Don’t think i’ve ever seen more than one wipe on sylv LFR, and that was usually people walking off the platform

Join the club.

1 Like

This is pretty stupid.

I give up literally everything else so I can go for my one piece I need to complete stuff…

But no. Now I have to get creative on how to hide that peice so the loot system doesn’t waste my time.

All my characters are overgeared for LFR. So I’m literally going to have to wait until it’s legacy content and can solo LFR sometime during 11.0.

Yes, which brings it back to the point of, you need the people there who actually know how to do the mechanics and when you have a raid of nothing but people who either don’t know how, or refuse to do mechanics, you’re going to have a lot of LFR groups that go no where.

How many times did you get to 10 stacks of determination and then still continue to wipe over and over?

1 Like

Please god they need to do this. Getting nyalotha and sepulcher lfr mog without doing the mode should give more honest numbers about who and how much lfr is used.

1 Like

We’ll see, but i think it’ll be fine.

I personally agree with the system.

Sorry, it is a Need roll. Maybe not as “needy” as someone looking for an upgrade, but a “need” nonetheless.

Many take mog farming quite seriously, and mogs are even more tied to their instances than gear upgrades. You can ONLY get X gear at this spot, whereas many pieces of gear have upgrades in other places, so the X gear is simply one of many.

So, yea, indeed, a Mog roll should ideally defer to an upgrade roll, but it’s a far cry from a mere Greed.

2 Likes

It will obviously work off of highest ilvl per slot loot history. Blizzard already learned this lesson back in bfa with the heart of azeroth in the bank and pvp ilvl to get around scaling to kill things easier. You won’t be able to get by.

That’s how you see it, many would not see it that way.

to be fair, I don’t think it’s a bad idea altogether. I think they need to make the LFR colors available to people who have the normal+ versions some other way and then it’s w/e, because 99% of LFR bosses don’t really require much in the way of actually paying attention to mechanics and .9% of them only require 2-3 people who actually know how to do them.

1 Like

Well this feels bad. Blizzard hates transmog farmers.

2 Likes

Indeed, something that applies too pretty much everything in this game.