Welcome Back! — To World of Warcraft

I have a level 38 warlock that I had been logged into within the past month, as well as 50-something other characters on my account. This morning it got the “welcome back” thing, new gear and downgraded bags. I had been logged into that character not quite 4 weeks ago. Several of my other characters had been around 5 weeks but no “upgrade”. Since some of the warlock’s old gear was lower ilevel it ended up being a minor upgrade overall so I’ll just assume the system had a hiccup.

It’s just a minor bump to help you with the level and ilevel squishes over the years if you come back on that character. It wouldn’t take too long to get the ilevel back up or just even toss on BoA gear and poof most slots are up to speed again.

I think it’s a month or so but not sure my google skills aren’t strong enough.

That’s the thing, there was almost nothing to “get back up” since the “new” gear was the same ilevel as the heirlooms she was already wearing. The non-heirloom slots got 10-15 ilevel increases but not much overall. Bags were downgraded but the old ones were in the mail so it was just a matter of re-equipping them, re-equipping heirlooms etc.

Could you please give us an option to turn this “offer” off? I tried it a couple times and the gear was worse (mostly), the bags smaller, my toolbars messed up… it was not fun.

Thank you.

:cookie:

2 Likes

Yeah it’s just an alt catch up thing not a full blown boost or anything. It just cleans up your bags, your quest log, and gives you whatever ilevel at your level and sends you on your way. It may be inferior to what you already had.

Oh yeah, it jacked my bars up so I have to re-do them. Lost time having to screw with stuff.

1 Like

While I enjoyed the higher ilvl gear on a bunch of alts, I’m really not happy about having my bars and everything reset.

Welcome back! Now waste your time in a city fixing all your settings rather than playing!

You can decline it on login. You’ll be asked to confirm and then you log in without any changes.

2 Likes

Annnnnnd it’s gone again as of… today? Pretty sure it was still working yesterday morning.

Dear Blizzard / WoW Team,

I just logged into two different characters in my account, where I did NOT ask for or select any “upgrade” and yet my character was upgraded anyway, took me back to Stormwind and opened a bunch of quests!??? What the heck is going on here? I DO NOT WANT THIS AND DID NOT ASK FOR IT, OR ACCEPT ANY UPGRADED GEAR ETC., WHICH WIPES OUT ALL SETTINGS ON MY ALT CHARACTERS! This just happened today.

PLEASE FIX THIS ANNOYING ISSUE! It is messing up all my settings! I rarely accept upgrades, and have not in a long time, and do not want any upgrades because I DON’T NEED IT for any of my characters! Not to mention, my progress on my alts are now gone!!

I don’t understand why this is happening even if I do NOT accept or select the upgrade process at login! This is really not acceptable to force this massive screw up on players and ruin all saved settings! Very damn frustrating! - JJ -

Keep in mind blizzard owns the characters.

1 Like

@ Orctang!

KEEP IN MIND I PAY FOR THIS GAME AND SERVICE since the game came out! I DON’T PAY FOR THIS BS BUG TO HAPPEN AND RUIN PROGRESS ON MY ALT CHARACTERS AND WIPE MY SETTINGS!!!

You can report the bug in the support forums, otherwise you will have to deal with it. I guess you could always unsub as well.

I do recommend reporting it first.

Correct, you pay for access to the servers.

Like Orctang said above, they aren’t your characters.

None of what either of you said makes any sense! This is not about who owns the game! This is about a bug, TROLLS!

I PAY FOR THIS GAME AND EXPECT IT TO WORK CORRECTLY! WHAT PART DON’T EITHER OF YOU UNDERSTAND! This is clearly a bug because it never happened before. And like both of you said about Blizzard owning the game, it has nothing to do with a bug! Not to mention, I pay for this game and expect it to work properly, like I said before. - JJ -

please make this not screw up my UI and i’ll consider it. it’s just unhelpful noise otherwise