Weekly Events

I think everyone really loves the weekly events and the only thing I think I generally hear from everyone is that such and such event is totally something they never do. I know for a fact that I get excited when its a PvP event but my guild (all PvErs) hate PvP. I know that when its a PvE event I dont generally show the same excitement for it. While the Pet battles is something people generally love (my wife) most people dont do it at all.

The best solution I can think of is to have all 3 happen at the same time so we have equal representation of each aspect of the game. I think this would generally be better as most people who like all 3 would just have a ton of stuff to do and would really help fight fatigue ingame of the no content time between certain patches.

Obviously they would have to make them more varied and add more to help fill in each week but the quests rewards and the extra honor and pet battle stuff would all be something people can do and even if someone doesnt want to do something they will not be forced as next week it would just change a little.

31 Likes

I personally wouldn’t mind seeing more Weekly Events up per week. It would be really nice actually to see a variety of different activities you could do weekly.

If this were to happen however, I would like to see both PvE and PvP based events up every week. One event that could be up weekly at this point for PvE activities is Timewalking. Seeing as there is numerous Timewalking events in the game now - Perhaps have a different expansion up per week for Timewalking now.

For PvP, Have a different Brawl up each week. Perhaps add some new PvP quests as well to do each week. Weather it being collect so much Honor from random Battlegrounds or kill so many players in a specific zone of the game.

If you were to get a quest to kill a specific amount of players in a certain zone, I would also like it to include areas from previous expansions such as Battle for Azeroth where you need to grind 1,000 Honor to earn an achievement. Would make getting those achieves a lot easier as you don’t see many players doing PvP there as much anymore.

For other PvE activities, Besides Timewalking events per week - Maybe add some other events where you do a special questline to obtain a special reward such as a unique mount or toy. These questlines would only be up a couple of times per year. So they would be a good incentive to do them, If the rewards were good enough!

7 Likes

I’m not so sure this particular idea is great, only having something accessible a few times a year is already a big problem with timewalking (i.e. specific expansions’ rewards only being accessible every once in a while). Holiday events also largely fill this role already.

That being said, I would like to see more weekly events for non-PvP/raid/dungeons, we have the WQ event and the pet battle event, neither of which are super-exciting. Perhaps injecting something into those would be a good idea?

6 Likes

I think I would consider WQ event a PvE event. Some things are going to be lame for some people but at least you would have the opportunity to try something different like PvP instead of waiting an entire week.