Weak. Weak. Weak. F-Tier!

All three specs. Weak.

Already being told that the guild will not be taking bottom-five-ranked DPS to ANY progression fight. Lucky for me all three hunter specs are in the bottom 5. /s

Picked a terrible time to reroll to Hunter…

7 Likes

I’m not disagreeing with you, but I think it’s important to point out the huge disclaimer at the top of this article.

5 Likes

They always do that. It never matters. The community will see this and Hunters will not get invites. Even if they buff, it’s too late and the meta is set.

They also only have 3 tiers…for the exact same reason that everyone gets a trophy. Don’t want to hurt anyone’s feelings.

2 Likes

Don’t feel so bad. After a 11-month break, it looks like I too picked the wrong patch to come out of Hunter retirement. Even my longtime class/spec of 12 years, Afflock, is low too.

I’m just a fresh 60 now, but I noticed how pee-poor our secondaries look. I’m already a little upset about that, mainly because Marks still relies heavily on Mastery. It’s a tough break. I’m going to work the PvP side of it and see what it looks like there, but already I have cause to be realistically pessimistic.

h ttps://gndn.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/mccroskey.jpg

We’ll see, a couple of fights are highly movement oriented and we bring turtle for Tarragrue. Although, the writing was always on the wall for us being in a weak spot. Knowing this is why a lot of us are scratching our heads wondering why we didn’t see tuning during PTR for us. I have a suspicion it has to deal with the legendary bow and quiver cloak effects. They want to see how our numbers look with those items. Sadly, this means I don’t expect buffs during heroic tuning week or a few weeks after release…may be mid patch?

1 Like

I’ve never mained (or even max leveled) a ranged class before, and thought I would pick up hunter for the first time for 9.1, since I main a Rogue and see marksman as a (headcanon) ranged version.

As someone brand new to the class, and looking to raid, this is a little troubling to see, especially if what Zedv said is true, with tuning being done around the legendary bow and cloak.

Stay optimistic!! Let’s hope perception doesn’t drag us too far down!

1 Like

If I may help translate that into Plain English, it means a select few Hunters would be middle of the pack with that leggo bow. My hat is off to anyone who wants to run in that gear race.

I honestly think I would miss out too much on WPvP for it. I would have to settle with some Honor bloo.

The only optimism lies in skill. You’re just going to have to outplay everyone you know. You’re really going to have to be Char Aznable in his tuned up Zaku to defeat the White Devil Gundam.

1 Like

Ever since the squish pre-patch for BFA hunters have scaled poorly. A single build for the BM spec built around an AZ trait saved them from obscurity in BFA. They need to improve the effectiveness of some or all of their secondary stats per point for all 3.

3 Likes

I haven’t played retail for about 3 months. Glad to see nothing has changed.

2 Likes

Yea, blizz completely butt ****** hunters this patch. You know your class is garbage when all three specs are bottom 5, all get beat by feral druids AND the completely dismantled aff locks, as well as instead of receiving the very needed tuning, what does blizz do?

Gives the class the absolute worst legendary weapon they have ever created then doesn’t tune the class bc 10% of the class players will get the weapon to drop.

Well done, blizz, for saving that $1.98. I’ll go ahead and spend it so I can get your foot out of my hunters butt.

9 Likes

uh. Find a better guild?

2 Likes

Some of us have too much pride to get carried.

And right now Hunters look like a hard carry.

1 Like

Hard carry would be if you did nothing. You can still damage. Your sad pride is staying with a guild that don’t want take you. Find a better guild who don’t care about numbers.

1 Like

Also blizz:

sobs no one is playing our 3% represented meme melee msv spec.

Blizz: nerf the other two so they are FORCED to play it!

7 Likes

We get to choose our flavour of low DPS.

I mean at least all the specs are balanced. >.<

11 Likes

As someone who just recently started playing hunter I legit don’t understand everyone dislike for Survival. Would be pretty boring to have 3 ranged specs.

5 Likes

It’s a very old argument in the hunter community. Ranged surv was amazing.

11 Likes

I briefly looked at your guilds logs, my dps as BM is comparable to your members of similar ilv to me. So if they would sit a player like me simply based on some ranking they read online without even seeing me beat most of their raids dps… well they are idiots.

Also… dont mean to get my jerky pants on but cmon bro you have 3 logs and you were dead for 2 of them, if you learned to play well they wouldnt dare talk about sitting you. There IS a huge skill discrepency amongst players, has little to do with gear or spec or anything, skill is most important.

3 Likes

My DH is so excited, he’s ready to go!

1 Like