Weak. Weak. Weak. F-Tier!

pretty much this,

My old class, it took forever to recover in BFA. They had a horrible rep in the beginning of the xpac and it didn’t change until the last raid.

1 Like

I am also sad that Hunter struggles so much and no matter how hard you work on your rotation, we are still hobbled.

That DOES NOT mean we get carried. Player over class unless you are Cutting Edge or hard core progression. In those environments you’ve already agreed to the idea of the group being “highly optimized “ that changing specs and classes is to be expected.

Outside of that, no guild should bench you on the only grounds of “being a Hunter”. I’m at best an average Hunter, but I am so much more than my class.

I’m prepared with notes before fights and assist with call outs.
I always have consumes and food to share.
I’m early to help summon and almost never miss a day
I always help analyze issues we have with fights and organize the ranged dps when needed.

We are a team and we work together.

I’ve often offered to step out when the dps is close on finishing a boss ……looking at you Big D …… and they have never sat me out.

No guild should treat you so poorly.

5 Likes

Class tiers don’t really matter when doing content with guild, sadly pugging becomes a nightmare.

4 Likes

How did I know that somehow SV would get drag into a argument where ALL 3 specs have not been given rave reviews.

Well DAY 2 into the new patch and I will keep plugin along. I have not done the numbers, but it seems ST has improved.

As for the OP, I can understand how guilds that want to be cutting edge, but in reality are not. Being a mythic guild takes a lot of work, and sitting a class that a report says x,y,z about in a raid is NOT the way to go about it. GL. I know its hard, but hopefully your guild will figure it out.

2 Likes

Why are you worrying? You are not doing Super-Tier content.

That list is Raid DPS. I am more of a Mythic+ DPS who rather have Strong AoE DPS than Single Target DPS. And that guide told me that Hunters are strong on AoE. And I should be okay. My only concern is that my Single Target DPS is really really low right now. During Tyrannical weeks, I should have strong Single Target DPS. But I will try to discover Single-Target DPS secrets.

I remember I played the weakest DPS specs before… in Legion where Icy Veins guide says that I have to ditch my awful specs. But I persisted and realized why my specs was weak and it led to resolution of DPS bugs. That season, I even completed Mythic Raiding. LOL.

There are many players in WoW and many players dont know how to DPS. I dont think I would be at the bottom even if I have the worst Class.

1 Like

It doesn’t matter if they are or aren’t. If their guild is saying they will bench them, that doesn’t exactly leave the OP with much recourse even if being benched is certainly an untenable / unreasonable position.

3 Likes

I did say this was a 9.1 reroll…so yes, I’ve seen a grand total of 3 H CN fights on this toon and it was during an alt run last week where we had a tank and a DPS healing. I also parsed 69% (nice) in the fight I didn’t die.

Anyway, the point is that even my middle-of-the-road guild will 100% sit underperforming specs during AOTC progression. No one cares if you are parsing 99% when you’re doing 20% less DPS.

Meters get DPS kicked, plain and simple.

1 Like

I understand your view, but I couldn’t stay in a team where I KNEW that replacing me would result in a kill.

I’ve certainly changed specs to help progression, but now there’s no point given how poorly all three are performing.

1 Like

If the guild is doing Mythic Raid, the guild should be picky with their group composition. But if it’s just Heroic Raid and below, IT DOESNT MATTER.

6 Likes

Yes and no.

Agree with your pug statement, but I don’t want to be the reason progression stalls. How many times do I get talked into “just jump on your (insert better class here) so we can get this down” before it becomes crystal clear that it’s the class that’s the problem?

1 Like

I’m not disagreeing with you. I’m saying it doesn’t matter what we believe is reasonable or unreasonable. If the guild has decided to bench them even for normal or heroic runs, that leaves the OP to either reroll or leave the guild, no? That’s not a lot of options.

4 Likes

Girl so a few things. Yes aotc guilds will sit people but they usually sit unperforming players, not under performing specs.

Also odds are if you are parsing in 99% your dps should be somewhere near the top.

Im in a consistent aotc guild and they only bench for dps check marks. This tier chart thats listed isn’t how things work out in a real setting because this tier list is based off each class in 95% or better, the odds of every dps in your group parsing at that level is really low.

1 Like

Honestly, unless your guild is all parsing high, I doubt you’re the reason. As Damian pointed out earlier, it doesn’t really matter what the tier list says if you’re doing better than the others in your raid. You could do more as another class, but you shouldn’t feel forced to. Only scenario that really makes sense to me would be mythic and everyone is pulling their weight and you’re still having trouble.

1 Like

A 20% difference in DPS can absolutely make a difference.

Progression is FILLED with <10% wipes. Hell, I’d bet money we wiped on <3% (pre nerf) H Sire at least 20 times.

1 Like

So why is the answer “you should swap your character” instead of “Hey Billy the warrior, why are you parsing a grey?” Literally for normal or heroic, the class is not the problem.

It’s a PBKAC issue for most guilds in normal or heroic, not a class issue.

2 Likes

At the end of the day you need to leave that guild, if your goal is aotc you need to find a guild that will bench due to dps check marks, not preconceived class tier rankings.

The guild you are in is not the one and you need to leave now before the new raid tier starts, theres a lot of them advertising.

2 Likes

It’ll come down to raw DPS on the meter. It always does. No one cares what you parse, they only care about the meter.

I’ll need to parse gold to do the same DPS as 10 other specs parsing grey. Sucks.

Forgive me, but you misunderstand. I’ve never held my group back and we’ve gotten AoTC every time since WoD.

It may take us longer because we focus mechanics and positive teamwork. Dorky as it sounds.

My point was, that as much as I would be willing to be replaced for a bigger dps, my team apparently still finds me to be valuable asset.

And this is not Cutting-edge or hard core progression. We do Heroics. And it’s more than enough for me.

1 Like

Ugh, yeah. Almost as boring as three melee specs. Or other classes that have three ranged specs. Why keep the formula that existed for a decade when you can abitrarily change 1/3 of the class to something completely different?

What’s the Hunter’s core? No longer ranged. No longer pets. What do we do that other classes do not? Heck, Rets do more ranged burst than us. What a time to be alive!

3 Likes

is your guild pushing world first? At the end of the day it doesn’t matter… Hunters aren’t bottom of the barrel. There are always bottom of the barrel DPS players that out DPS most of the top tier specs. They aren’t too far apart.