"We won't merge because you'll lose your names"

Once again there’s still an extremely finite number that are possible, names were still unique to server. So with say 5 linked realms you’d have at most 5 Shadows.

Ironically transfers actually have more of an issues with names than linked realms do.

As for merging mega servers? Well I guess that depends on whether you think pvp servers should have balanced factions or not.

See above there’s a very finite number of people that can even have the same name, the odds they would ever be on at the same time in the same area are miniscule.

And for that matter names could be locked to unique across the entire linked group going forward.

I actually just transferred from Westfall. I don’t think it’ll start bleeding anytime soon, but it’s probably coming towards the end of TBCC.

I know they said mergers are against the “spirit of Classic”, but so are mega servers and paid boosts. So I think we’re past the whole spirit of Classic thing. Since they don’t want to technically merge servers, they should connect them all. Their inaction up to this point doesn’t leave a lot of room to maneuver.

9 Likes

They used to give free game time for server issues back in the day. It’s not a refund technically, but it’s something.

3 Likes

Now you remind me of an amusing anecdote. I got hired at a place and, in filling out the paperwork, it asked for my nickname so I had an attack of literal mindedness and wrote down Nick. As it happened, there was someone in the company with my last name whose first name was Mick and some people managed to get us confused because they chose to go with my nickname instead of my real first name.

Just make a new server. Free transfers in from anywhere. No name issues.

I had to transfer because my server was so dead I couldn’t find groups. I transferred 5 toons and lost names for 3 of them. It was better to lose those names then stay on a dead server or quit. YMMV

6 Likes

non issue to me
:popcorn: :face_with_monocle:

And the response from the players would be “BLIZZARD, FIX THIS!”

1 Like

I get it, but I only have the one classic toon. If I had 5 I might not care.

Merge them then force 14% of the horde to become alliance, like they log on and they are instantly alliance.

Easy solution then only 14% of the players sacrifice anything.

Then lock the server.

1 Like

Hilarious. I’m here for it.

Thats what they want tho.

They want everything fixed and balanced as long as their fellow players are the people to sacrifice anything.

They want Blizzard to police what other players can and cant do as long as they arent policing them.

1 Like

I urge everyone to think critically about this and realize that they do NOT care about server population. That post is utter BS. Hmm, what’s more important… someone’s name or a server not being completely dead or 99% of one faction? Gee, I wonder?

They could pretend to care if there weren’t PAID transfers available. But they can’t pretend.

Wake up

7 Likes

If they merge servers they should have a “host” server which would be benediction. All names from benediction are the main names. Those wont be lost, the rest has to rename as they would have done it anyways. Problem solved.

1 Like

Or just declare the server won and convert it to a pve server once it gets to like 95% one faction, then they can’t brag about being on a pvp server.

That’s clearly what they want anyways if they’re going out of their way to create that much of an imbalance.

10 Likes

Its because pvp servers no longer offer anything and what people want is just other players to play the game with.

World pvp is great in classic, but any xpac after that its a meme. Flying ruins world pvp along with us being so min/max 64% of the pvp population chose horde.

2 Likes

Yea definitely this… At the end of the day there’s just no replacement for having other people to play with… It doesn’t matter how good of an MMO it is… if you don’t have other people to play it with it’s not very much fun…

3 Likes

Connecting realms seems like the smartest option. GW2 did this when I played so let me play with friends on a server that was already full.

Sadly there’s no money in it.

2 Likes

The problem with connecting realms is you’re forcing a change on people. Free xfers at least give people agency on when/where/if they decide to move

1 Like

Except that transfers are also not consequence free for people on either the realms from/to. And plenty of people are not happy with how xfers have impacted their realms.

5 Likes