We were left with no choice

[Moderator Note: I’ve removed this post because not only is the information provided incomplete and in some cases completely inaccurate, but you seem to be looking to use this post as a platform to encourage abuse of an in-game system which is prohibited.]

Let’s try to break down some of your misunderstandings to see if we can help shed a little light on how things actually work. I’ll start here:

First off, your numbers are made up. Blizzard has not given any specifics on how many reports trigger a squelch. Which brings us to point 2, the difference between a squelch and a silence.

A squelch can happen if enough players on unique accounts report a player for spam. Yes, the squelch is automatic, however, it also gets flagged for a GM to look at.

A silence can only be applied by a GM (a human being). There is nothing automated about a silence.

The squelch system is in place to help prevent both player spam and goldseller spam.

If a silence is applied, it’s because the GM found that the reports are justified.

More made up statistics. We know they’re made up because you have zero access to any of that actual data. The appeal system is in place to allow a different GM to look at the logs and decide if a mistake was made. It’s not for players to “plead” their case.

I’d love to see your proof that GMs don’t have access to everything that was said. We’ve seen blues here go into a great amount of detail in the past.

Note: I’m only about half through your post and you’ve broken the forum rules several times with inappropriate language…that doesn’t help your cause here much to be honest.

For someone who claims RCR is being abused, it would seem that you’re actually proving that it works when people use it. If you see an inappropriate guild/character name, RCR it! We’ve seen a HUGE up-tick on these forums with players crying about how their inappropriate names have been changed and in a lot of cases it’s netted them a suspension.

I think that covers most of your rhetoric really. It seems that you simply don’t really understand how the system works, and when it does work, you’re still not happy.

If you’d like to see the system changed, I’d recommend a constructive post in the General forums or you can use the in-game suggestion feature.

26 Likes

Plus 100% to what Perl said. Very well put and accurate.

15 Likes