We want RDF

It literally takes 3-4 times as long to get a group with the LFG tool than the actual dungeons take to do. And then I have to travel to the dungeon to summon people because nobody else in the party will. And all the time I am doing this I have to be sitting around doing nothing babysitting the LFG chat to try and get a group. It literally turns WoW into a job. This is a video game. Telling people you spent 4 hours of your day just to form groups to do the content isn’t the achievement you believe it to be.

3 Likes

Same answer than my previous post. If RDF makes you quit, I doubt any mmo would be good enough. LoL or Hots might be more your type. That’s just a guess, I don’t know you…

You dont speak for everybody. I dont QOL changes that effect the community in classic. Boosted pally trying to change classics core game design. Enjoy puggable content in retail, if you want a group you will need reputation\guild\friends\gear in classic.

If you are spending 4 hours a day forming groups, you are not doing this right my friend.

1 Like

It literally takes less time to find a group than RDF, you just have to actually make the group.

1 Like

Some of you smooth-brains are totally forgetting that RDF was OPTIONAL…

You were NEVER forced to use it. You could still form a group without it, and go whatever instance/raid…

4 Likes

*if you’re a tank

If you’re dps good luck. RDF on the other hand guaranteed group eventually.

1 Like

No, you’d also get a group faster without RDF as a DPS than with. It’s the same thing.

Actually it’s not.

LFM 1 Healer 3 DPS, groups fills instantly.

LF1M Tank… enjoy a healthy wait, which may or may not ever result in getting a tank.

RDF guaranteed group in 10-15 minutes.

1 Like

No “we” don’t.

I was thrilled when I saw the change.

WOTLK was the high-water mark for WoW, but it also had the start of some of the key flaws that damaged the experience after that.

If I had my way I’d see dual spec ditched as well.

2 Likes

Maybe they can do normal dungeons as a RDF in the beginning and if you do heroic beyond you can form groups but in time if the numbers drop I can see them adding it in probably around 3.3.

Ok you don’t want it…

DON’T USE IT.

It was never forced onto players. No one stopped you from forming your own group outside of RDF. That’s on you if you didn’t.

2 Likes

Same nutcases against RDF are the same nutcase no flying people from retail. All you are doing is damaging the game and the worst part is, the nutcases who work at Blizzard listen.

1 Like

It’s not that simple.

The advent of RDF changes the entire culture of grouping and how groups are formed.

People will always choose the path of least resistance.

You could add raid epics to the vendors for 100g each and tell endgame raiders “not to use” the vendors and get the stuff the old way if they wanted too - but do you think anyone would be raiding?

3 Likes

Incoming “why would I hold myself back by not using RDF” comment.

RDF was in WotLK. It came in patch 3.3.0 and had it’s own section in the patch notes.

Why would they completely remove a feature?

In 2018 during Blizzcon, the game director of WoW said their first goal of World of Warcraft classic is to provide an authentic experience.

If you remove a major feature that existed in WotLK, you’re not providing an authentic experience.

8 Likes

Because it was bad.

WOTLK had so much that was great, but it also had the first seeds of the poison that became retail, and RDF was the mother of all of them.

I mean - seriously - has the community of Classic really changed this much that people want dungeon finder?

1 Like

In your opinion.

I think Deathknights are bad. Should they remove them?

If it existed in WotLK, it should exist in WotLK classic.

7 Likes

Retail has rdf. If you want to play queuecraft, go there.

1 Like

Patch notes… look at the bottom.

4 Likes