We the players did not sexually harass anyone, and we should not be punished

What are you talking about? FF14 has mass amounts of mogs for people to choose from. Tons of female characters in the story. Some characters that were never submitted to irrational chopping any and everything down. Just to demonstrate some type of power.

Or are you talking about actual Square Enix? Which is two completely different things…

Which is the whole point of the thread. Players shouldn’t be punished for what transpired in the work environment. Let PR show what improvements they made for women there. (Rather fair wages, more opportunities etc.) Not censor, cover and silence them ingame.

4 Likes

And yet in FFXIV you don’t have issues like Blizzard does with skimpy armor that only looks skimpy on women.

So yes they do need to take a page from them. I’m not talking about work culture and I seriously doubt the culture at Square Enix can be worse than the one at Blizzard which sounds to have been really, really awful.

2 Likes

Oh the humanity.

/yawn

1 Like

Advice to people offended by sexualized stuff in WoW. Do not play FFXIV, ever… you wont like it over there.

Oh im not playing that misogynistic weeb game.

Just to be clear, you admit that you significantly enjoy the game more because of a random, hidden away painting had a scantily-clad woman posing seductively, and are willing to unsub, if they continue to remove these types of paintings of scantily-clad women posing seductively from other hidden areas of the game world.

You admit to this, yes?

1 Like

And WoW’s decline has nothing to do with lack of sexualized character models. Don’t you dare conflate WoW’s actual problems with this.

This is just a train wreck to watch lol, the entire game is based around violence and murder, we just witnessed the genocide of an entire race last xpac but they are covering skin on female characters because it’s too taboo, give me a break.

So glad to be done

4 Likes

Agreed. This wave of pandering has swept through many companies and stands merely as a reflection of their own greed and guilt. It’s perfectly healthy for men to look at attractive women and there is no shame in that. Personally I didn’t care much for the paintings because they weren’t that good, but this sniveling attempt to sanitize everything is cowardly and childish.

Blizzard and other companies only do this because they think it’ll make them money, not because they care about a few screechy, insecure harpies. What a joke.

2 Likes

FF14 is leagues ahead of WoW in terms of the community and respect for others. I guarantee you all of the players on here using tortured logic to justify their own sexism would be banned in FF14. Square Enix comes down HARD on players for toxicity. I’m talking 20-day suspensions just for having an offensive name.

WoW desperately needs to learn from FF14, because they actually moderate the game over there. There are skimpy outfits, but I never feel disrespected as a woman or objectified there, because players treat one another with dignity and respect in FF14.

WoW is like a entitled neckbeard incel that drools over your body and gets angry when you assert your boundaries.

FF14 loves you for who you are as a person and believes that admiring your femininity is just an added bonus of knowing you. It’s the difference between being respectfully appreciated and being objectified.

4 Likes

blizzard lets the toxicity spread, stopping it would mean less money

2 Likes

Then why did they replace it with a bowl of fruit instead of a high res painting of a woman (in a bikini top and pants, btw)?

2 Likes

I’m quoting your entire post because it is so important.

My sweet sister, I am so sorry you had to go through this. I’m an old lady now, but when I was younger I went through similar things.

I wish I could give you a hug and a million upvotes.

3 Likes

Thats because people over there respect each other to the point it isn’t even require to, unlike the backward country of yours who spend years talking about women’s right yet hardly even fix any of the problem

1 Like

Are you implying Japan is more progressive than USA?

Actually from what I recall sexuality is fruit according to Blizzard

true most the bad devs dont even play the game literally every SL quest is bugged in your doing every quest in SL with a group no ppl not group all quests with friends in ptr/beta?

This, and most of their argument always revolved around slippery slope as well.

These whiny little snowflakes didn’t even know what building that picture was in, and have to rage about something. They have no self-awareness when complaining about people being “sensitive.” lol

4 Likes

Slippery Slope is a fallacious talking point 9/10 times. You are NOT a victim because you whine like one.