We the players did not sexually harass anyone, and we should not be punished

But just knowing that they existed and are being changed is TOTALLY RUINING THE GAME.

/s

5 Likes
17 Likes

I would have accepted stupid sexy Vol’jin.

https://imgur.com/pP8cAxR

We going full fainting couch lately on GD.

5 Likes

Aaaand you’d be wrong.

But again, stop pretending it’s just these paintings.

You can always say “oh it’s just this one little thing”, but one little thing and one little thing and one little thing add up. Censorship is always a slippery slope.

56 Likes

Indeed.

clutches pearls

3 Likes

While I normally agree with you, and technically nothing in this post is incorrect, these changes really are hitting the absurdity point, and defending them is looking increasingly foolish.

Because we’re hitting the point where the changes both hurt nobody, and attempt to fix something that wasn’t hurting anybody.

This sort of marks the equilibrium point before you slide down the slope.

29 Likes

You know, while I do agree that changing these pictures (among other things) is silly…

They also just don’t look particularly Warcrafty. The first change makes it a lot more fitting.

The second one though? The fruit? That’s such an obvious total 180 kneejerk change that it’s almost funny.

8 Likes

From my point of view (and I freely admit it could be wrong), I don’t think we know this is true. Based on some of what I have seen from current employees on twitter (yeah ew twitter), a lot (maybe not all, but more often than not), these are changes that were asked for internally. If that is the case, I think it is wrong for us to complain about changes to the game that would make their employees more content/comfortable.

6 Likes

33 Likes

Right cuz the internet is so parched when it comes to sexy content

7 Likes

Is a fallacy.
Next.

6 Likes

Maybe it’s not meant to punish anyone. Maybe it’s just changes people have asked for internally. Sorrynotsorry you won’t get to see the 8 bit boobies you probably didn’t even know existed prior to today.

10 Likes

We’re dying of thirst over here Rose. Who wouldn’t defend a sexy 8bit painting?

This all falls on deaf ears to be honest.
People are free to leave or ‘protest’ or whatever but at the end of the day, it’s their IP and they can do this if they wish.

I personally find all their changes of late predictable but just silly…

But that’s just one opinion of ‘lil ol’ me.

Cite reference for internal requests for those two paintings to be changed or delete that post. It’s complete speculation at best.

9 Likes

And what do you think happens when you normalize the idea that it’s dirty and needs to be pulled from respectable platforms?

You get outcomes like credit cards freaking out and trying to shut down OnlyFans, potentially destroying the livelihoods of upwards of a million women.

Puritanism is not free from consequences.

12 Likes

So is all this slippery slope nonsense and yet here ya’ll are

1 Like

Anyone who calls someone else a baby or toddler is usually the infantile one.

16 Likes

You are right . SO they could of left them as is and no one would of noticed or cared.

THis is just :cloud_with_snow: virtue signaling.

It does nothing to fix the real issue which is not in game but at their place of work .

Real changes have to happen there and not in the game . However I do agree with them removing references to certain people in their games because of their involvement in a certain suite.

5 Likes

And none of that is happening so I don’t really care

3 Likes