We should take this war to the Content Creators world

The Devs clearly don’t care about us. I think we should be focusing our efforts on getting the talking heads of the WoW Community to say something on their videos.

• Leave comments on their YT videos
  • Say something in their Twitch chat
  • If you donate, say something about Shaman there

If you don’t follow Dratnos on Twitter, he made a “joke” about us not being in the development notes. Which is the most I’ve seen about us from someone that’s big in the Community.

How can the Wow forums be a conduit to the Devs when they didn’t give us 66% of our hero talent feedback threads? If we’re going to get answers, we need to be a little more coordinated on how we intend to get answers. The Devs won’t do it. Take the fight to Youtube and Twitch.

4 Likes

I understand the idea, but pleading to “content creators” is arguably less effective than just posting actual feedback in the beta thread.

They’re just people who happen to have a following from wow, they have no obligation to care about this - and it wouldn’t budge blizzard at all if they did.

There’s no shortage of them wondering where the shaman notes are though, of those who do review these things.

1 Like

Can you suggest some people? I haven’t seen anyone but Tiqqle do it

1 Like

Max says: “[Shaman] are like less than a month away from getting all your [stuff] changed. I feel like you should just wait til then. Stay small. Stay small.”

Oh right…no idea why he thinks that. I hope he’s right.

As someone who has played a Shaman for a long time, what’s happening now feels like déjà vu because it’s been happening every year. This has been going on for nearly 10 years. Even if we voice our concerns here, nothing will change. Blizzard is not only ignoring feedback but also creating characters in a way that is completely opposite to what people want. They are now focusing more on managing the new class, Evoker, instead.
Issues like one-button spamming, lack of unique synergy, weak utility, and insufficient defensive tools have been discussed for 10 years. Looking at it now, Elemental Shaman has been designed to be a complete one-button spam class, Mana Spring Totem has been blatantly nerfed, and WRT’s performance has degraded. Is this the result of even looking at the feedback?

And Blizzard has reduced its development team. The most important fact is that Blizzard has long since assigned the number tuning team not exclusively to WoW, but also to other games like Diablo 4, Diablo 3, and Heroes of the Storm, while praising themselves for reducing overall QA team costs. As a result, their expertise has declined, leading to ‘unmanaged’ classes like ‘Shaman’. This signal has been given for a long time.

Turn on Cataclysm Classic and play a Shaman. Despite having fewer skill buttons, the character plays surprisingly better and is more fun than it is now. The “problematic development teams” of the past had many issues, but at least they made the game better than it is now.

3 Likes

Max doesn’t actually think that Shaman is getting reworked. He is only saying confidently that they ARE going to get reworked to point out ridiculous it is when we inevitably get nothing.

Icy veins seems to have picked up on our plight and put out an article about the lack of Shaman changes.

3 Likes

Oooo can you link the article?

It won’t let me but it’s right in their wow home page.

1 Like

They’re doing this in part because they think we’re cringe for praising a guy who unironically tried to bring back Bus Shock.

If you think the content creators, who grew a following pushing the limits in mythic dungeons and raiding, are going to care about Shaman I have some land on the moon I’d like to sell you.

I mean even the official wow Reddit says offline X people not playing shaman.

I think it’d be hilarious if the first season of TWW there’s virtually no Shamans in any end-game content. Seeing almost no one playing Shaman in Raid, M+, or Rated PVP would probably be the only thing that would get Blizzard’s attention that something isn’t right.

But it won’t happen. I think there’s enough people who will still play Shaman at that level and Blizzard will just say - “See! Shaman are fine.”

What’s wrong with shaman? Enhance is super fun right now and it’s cool new hero talents in tww

They dont have a raid buff, right? Doesnt that make bringing them pretty unlikely as is?

I dont raid. Im just a pvper.

Theres a few threads going now.

The only “raid buff” Shamans have is Windfury Totem, but it’s so weak and restrictive that it’s debatable it’s worth bringing an Enhancement Shaman at all. Looking at warcraftlogs, Enhancement is middle-of-the-pack for DPS and Windfury is limited to only the other 4 players in the same group as the Shaman. You might as well just take another Paladin or Mage instead.

You could argue taking a Resto for SLT or APT, but again… why not just take an Evoker or Priest instead? They have better CDs, stronger HPS, and raid buffs.

1 Like

Max made some comment about the 25y on Evoker heals made them.bench theirs. I dont remember the details but im guessing thats the gist.

I find our totems are such a disappointment. Powerful if youre:

• In range
  • When the thing happens
  • Before it expires

They should be way stronger with these restrictions. Earthen Wall in Shuffle keeps my cardiologist in business.

1 Like

Yeah, the one thing that makes Shaman iconic and stand out from other classes are the Totems, but most of them are so weak you don’t even notice them or are super niche to rarely get used.

Most content creators who’s opinion actually matter would disagree with most of the takes the Shaman forum has BTW.