We shall go to the moon before this decade is out

NOT BECAUSE IT IS EASY, BUT BECAUSE IT IS HARD. Because this challenge will serve to measure the best of this nation’s abilities…

yada yada, who’s excited for NASA’s Artemis program?

10 Likes

Totally read that in a JFK voice. I’ve always loved the moon, I was born about 5 years after the last mission so I just missed it. I’d love to see it in my lifetime. I support the space program in all it’s endeavors, let’s colonize the system!

I always thought there were more questions left on the moon than answers brought back. It’s definitely warranted further investigation, as does mars.

10 Likes

I’d probably be more excited if I knew what it was.

3 Likes

NASA’s new moon program. Boots on the moon by the end of 2024.

5 Likes

BOOTS ON THE MOON

4 Likes

We’ve already put boots on the moon though. What are we hoping to accomplish aside from proving we can still do it?

5 Likes

NASA is planning to use it as a test bed to prepare for mars.
Think of the ISS liking camping in your backyard to see if your stuff works, going to the moon and building an orbital space station and a actual lunar base there as actual, proper camping while hiking along the Appalachian Trail or Denali or w/e to prepare to go to Everest, and going to Mars… as using what you learned during the two previous experiences to overcome a significant challenge.

5 Likes

I’d be more excited for a plan to build a moon base.

4 Likes

That’s entirely planned for Artemis.

4 Likes

Awesome.

Next up will be Lunar Super 8 motel. Exciting stuff.

3 Likes

Me too, but then I always, ALWAYS think of these.

5 Likes

Is it wrong that this speech reminds me of the movie Wing Commander?
Such good with such bad :rofl:

With giant freaking laser beams?

I want to go to the Moon it’s my local bar but it’s closed for a month.

1 Like

The time is now.

1 Like

lol there used to be a bar near me calld The Office.

1 Like

This is our version of Cheers

1 Like

Maybe while we’re there build a little fort?

Imagine knowing this will be the first time we’ve actually landed on the moon. “If” we did in 1969, how come no other nation has ever “recorded” or “live broadcast” moon landings since 1969 since the tech back then “broadcasted live” landing on the moon millions of miles away. If we had the tech to land on the moon in 1969, why have we only sent “satellites” and “rovers” to the moon since then.

Fact check…President Richard Nixon “hired” Stanley Kubrick to produce/direct what a moon landing film would look like. Also, fact check…Buzz Aldrin and Neil Armstrong we’re repeatedly questioned throughout the years if they actually landed on the moon. Surprisingly, every time they answered, they were “hostile” to their questioners.

1 Like

Are you a flat earther as well? Illuminati?

18 Likes