We Rogues are on Strike

Not really because the capability was there in the add on API in vanilla.

you are feeding my hate for gnomes.

It seems obvious that the issue isn’t the add-on itself, but the fact that the combat log can detect players stealthing from 200 yards away (range based only on quick google search, glad to accept sourced correction). That seems obviously broken. I am virtually positive you can’t hear the stealth sound at anything like that range.

I imagine a world without Rogues taking cheap shots and no longer stunlocking easy kills with immunity.

It’s a better world.

Jist incase no one has yet ill go ahead and do it. Ill play the Worlds smallest Violin for rogue’s.

You aren’t even 60. You can’t be THAT committed.

BWAHAHAHAHA! I see what you did there!

He threatens us with paradise.

GOOD. I downloaded the addon.

Yes, you are peak intelligence to download an addon that decreases your need to be aware of your surroundings.

One can dream.

Your evidence for this claim?

It is completely destroying the entire aspect of the rogue class. The most important thing to a rogue is the element of surprise. As it is in any other MMO with a stealthy class.
This third party program is automating a task that would require a human to be normally vigilant and alert. Same goes for the multi-boxing programs. It gives people who decide not to follow the ToS a huge advantage. (Yes, this is in the ToS blizzard just apparently doesn’t care enough to enforce it. Feel free to try to debunk this statement, as I can easily just copy and paste it from the ToS.)

It’s an Addon, not a program. It’s only using what the WoW API has exposed to be used. As such it’s working as intended.

I have nothing invested in this as I neither play a rogue nor PvP, but just saying…

Oh so, the combat log tells you when an enemy player entered the area far from your view distance, with coordinates and auto targets? Yeah, I highly doubt that. It will tell you that someone has stealthed or used an ability but SPY also gives you more info than just what the log offers.

There’s more Horde rogues/druids in Stormwind right now than there are 60 Alliance- I don’t think spy means anything to them, especially since it also lets them know when anyone comes nearby for them to gank, and how many others are nearby that can mess with that gank.

If anything, Spy makes it easier to pull of ganks since you know when you have any risk of messing it up.

Fury Warriors make them obsolete except for disarming traps in BwL with better dps and the ability to OT.

This is the stupidest post Ive ever seen and I feel the need to respond to it.

As a rogue, I am one of the single best classes for grinding honor in Phase 2. As a rogue, Spy Classic has alerted me to dozens of disadvantageous PvP situations.

Why would I give up being the best Class in the game for checks notes an addon that has actually helped me avoid death and kill more Alliance than hindered me in any way, shape or form?

Get out of here with this nonsense. Oh and also: Git Gud.

Everyone is in game playing. The only people ‘on strike’ are those you’ve imagined in your head.

Did a rogue just not see someone coming?