We need Void Elf paladins. Makes no sense not to have them

It’s you who doesn’t understand the lore, clearly. Paladins internalize the light. They are infused with it. Priests use the light as an external source.

We saw it with the blood elves who drained the naaru of their life and infused themselves with it. If a void elf paladin did that, it would be bad. It’s the same reason why Forsaken can be priests, but not paladins, and in the lore, all of those priests are shadow minus one example, which is Alonsus Faol, who is disc.

21 Likes

Wow, it’s almost like the players want something. Maybe we should stop trying to control everyone’s choices and actions?

It will never happen. I can play the elf I want on the faction I’ve been playing that elf on since they were put into the game. Why would I leave to go play one on the faction that is inferior? Making high elves on alliance will not fix the imbalance. Make alliance the bad guys for once, like the real bad guys and maybe people would go back.

7 Likes

Lore wise, Void Elf priests are shadow, however this is a gameplay vs lore fork that is not canonical, like how our specific characters and the abundance of Hearthstones are not canonical. (In-universe we stand in for an unknown group of actual adventures, with Hearthstones in WoW stated to be a rare item only a few actually possess.)

12 Likes

Again. Pointing out you are still void elves, and should have some semblance of Lore is not “trying to control you”.

9 Likes

Void Elves weren’t canonical either. They made them up with almost no background, there was no quest/storyline regarding them whatsoever in the main game without having to do the silly allied race quest. They pulled it out of thin air, and everyone was incredibly disappointed it wasn’t high elves.

1 Like

If they do this, it wouldn’t be exactly a Paladin, it would have to be something in the form of a paladin that uses the Void. At least from a Lore standpoint.

4 Likes

Not everyone, now you’re projecting and speaking for the masses. As for the “silly” origins, they make it very clear with Alleria’s visit to the Sunwell that Void Elves and light don’t mix, as well as her interactions with Turallyon her husband, who happens to be a paladin. As well as brother Alan’s response in the church.

8 Likes

No, Blood Elves are Blood Knights, which is somewhat different from Paladins.
High elves are Paladins because of their close relationship with humans and dwarves who are part of the silver hand.

But that is not justifiable to give the Void elfs the possibility of being paladins, unless they allow to change the name of the race to “High Elfs” and they lose the possibility of being Warlocks (and in a future DH)

1 Like

Dude…

1 Like

Get over yourself.

4 Likes

Just because we ‘technically’ have playable High Elves, doesn’t mean we actually have playable High Elves. They’re still Void Elves, even though Blizzard gave us the customization options to make High Elves.

And the fact that they’re Void Elves comes with certain drawbacks, the lack of a Paladin class among them as the Void and the Light do not mix. The energies are incompatible with each other to the point where they become explosive. Kaboom!

12 Likes

This. A Void Elf Paladin makes no sense.

However, a High Elf or even Half-Elf Paladin does make sense. We’ve seen both of them. Unless Blizzard can lock the Void Elf customizations when selecting that class, there isn’t a reason to add it to Void Elves.

Even if they can, I’m not on board with adding something to Void Elves that actual Void Elves cannot use, unless something else was added that they can use as well.

Demon Hunter might make the most sense. We’ve seen a single boss exploding when combining Fel and Void, but we’ve had Demons using Void Magic since the IP started without issue, so I’d be willing to mark it down to just that one individual boss being weird.

3 Likes

I gotta feel bad for Turallyon and Alleria though… now they have to stay a room apart from each other at all times…

2 Likes

I don’t see what’s so wrong with Draenei, I think they’re one of the best races the alliance has. I get wanting to be a specific race you really like to be a paladin I guess but sometimes you just gotta choose yanno? I play Druid and I don’t really like the races on the horde side who can be druids, id way rather be a night elf Druid. I’m not gonna say there should be night elves or something on the horde I’m just gonna have to play on alliance if I really want that. Not exactly the same example but the principle remains

9 Likes

No it wouldn’t and it would anger a lot of them that still are alliance.

Every time you see them in here go give us the villain bat for once and let us have the interesting story and Blizz obliges they freak out .

You then get them going Blizz why would you do that ,you’re ruing us the alliance doesn’t do that. Followed by the obligatory " HORDE BIAS"

just saying high elf paladins have never even been a high elf theme.

2 Likes

You’re probably right. There’s pretty much nothing that would ever make me want to play Alliance.

coughs
That line starts behind us.

5 Likes

I didn’t know they introduced a new allied race that says “high elf” can you show me how to unlock them?

7 Likes