We need to restrict hardmode access

There are 2 types of raiders - one that is ready to take the boss down, and one that is not. I’m done watching this spectacle of these “CORE RAIDERS” take these titles and then kill the boss expecting the loot that I WORKED FOR. Hardmode is a fun idea sure, but when you apply it to reality I haven’t seen many competent people…It’s almost like the developers released Ulduar like this to troll.

I was under the impression that we would have buffs to the content to make it more accessible, what happened to that? Same as the “faction AND race change”? It just doesn’t make much sense to me, if anyone can at least guide me to whichever NPC does it that would be nice.

1 Like

I like crazy ramblings with my coffee.

16 Likes
  1. your issue is with the people you are raiding with find better groups
  2. the nerfs come later to be more accessible as you put it.
  3. faction change is available blizzard said race changes will come later on not together.
2 Likes

I’m the leader of my raid dude so I’m not exactly someone that fits any of those points you made. Take Naxx 10 man for example, no hardmode meant better players on average. Without that how can we be expected to raid as consistently?

well then there is no I in team. raids are a team effort you have to share the loot.
Hard modes are optional

3 Likes

Optional doesn’t mean required, see the contradiction? The average player doesn’t do this kind of stuff as much as you think or else there wouldn’t BE a hardmode to even compare to.

you have to opt into the hard mode? you are raid lead you should know you can do normals.

1 Like

Ok am i really talking about normals? Most players cant even get into the hardmode without some sort of connection to a group so that’s where I make the call. Take that into account and you can start gearing up without an extra step

honestly got no idea im so confused on what you are asking for?

as stated previously if you want easier raids so you have more people to play with then wait it comes later.

3 Likes

I’m not 100% sure what the arguement here is. Perhaps I missed something.

From what I understand you want to restrict hardmode access for those not ready for it because you raid lead a guild where your players are not ready for it? So you want nerfs that come later to be implemented sooner so your raiders can clear hardmodes, even though hardmodes are options and normals could cleared instead? We need to restrict hardmode because…? I’m not really sure.

I really genuinely do not seem to get this. I’d like to discuss it with you, but first I need to understand what’s happening. From where I stand, if the above is correct, it very much sounds like your group is not ready for hardmodes, and you’re upset that hardmodes are too hard for you guys to clear.

2 Likes

The POINT of hardmode is to gear up in a process that involves something higher than the average player, correct? It takes SO MUCH TIME to be able to get players into this group without having them watch guides or stuff like that…Think alllll the way back to freaking molten core, did any groups really try to FORCE players into that role? I’m a raid leader and a tank and I can tell you that leading hasn’t gotten easier with time, it’s gotten way harder.

I’m till not sure what your point is. Yes it does take higher than the average player. So what? That’s why normals exist. If you like a challenge, and you’re in a group capable more challenging content, than hardmode is for you. If you are not capable of clearing, then keep running normals.

I’m not sure what the issue is.

5 Likes

This challenge IS NOT in the hands of the players…Like I said in my post the devs almost wanted to troll us or something. Surely you’ve geared in a raid group this expansion right? Take that equation away from groups that can’t match the experience you would expect. Nobody on that team will end up grouping again. Nobody.

I… what?

12 Likes

no one is forcing anyone. you are the leader you need to gear your people via normal mode then do hard modes it’s how progression works.

if people are wanting to do hard modes and not wait for the guild/group to be ready tell them to go elsewhere or wait for the guild to be ready you know actually lead people.

in tbc would you take a fresh 70 into swp ? no you would start in kara-za then ssc tk then maybe bt /swp progress through the gear only difference is the progression is in one raid not different raids.

3 Likes

Well for something that’s not in the hands of the players, there are people who are clearing it. That means it’s possible. If you’re not clearing it, that means there’s still things you guys need to work on. Be it everyone being babied and micromanaged, if you have a handful of raiders missing more than 1-2 phase 1 bis items, maybe you’re not running the most optimal comp… the success of hardmoes comes from better than average players, I believe it’s mainly sweaty guilds clearing hardmodes right now. If you’re not, you’re not in that position and likely still need to improve on SOMETHING that you and your raid are lacking in. Not sure restricting access to hardmodes solves this issue.

I am sorry for the people you raid with then

13 Likes

ooooookay? So just because you think a raid should be composed of people who don’t give any care in the world for gear we should allow them to tank the raid? Nobody has supreme command over hardmode or normal mode or whatever you play, there’s a freaking reason I play as the raid leader. Most people in my guild would agree with me btw…MOST players who have done at least tbc and wrath would agree because it brings the game back to the fundamentals, you know, the reason classic even happened?

you have to activate hard mode? flame lath if you do not destroy the pillars hard mode is activate. xt if you kill the heart that activates hard mode etc.

Am I the only one that does not understand the purpose nor meaning of this thread?

11 Likes