We need RDF for the health of the community - long

I am. So don’t change the RDF release schedule for the sake of my mental health.

It had dual spec with ulduar. That’s in at release now. Just like an infinite amount of other examples.

Let that terrible argument go. It’s been disproven over and over.

3 Likes

Dual spec doesn’t interfere with gear progression.

Lol. The anti-lfd trolls stretch more than Gumby.

You pretty much described what I’m going to do when playing solo, bu when I’m with my friends, it wont matter what class they want to bring, I’ll roll with them

A suggestion, get some friends and play your way, or at least get in a friendly guild

Same as it is now.
But it could be worse. Even decent enough specs may, technically, get declined for simply not being the most effective AOE cleave spec.
…or it really could be the case where it won’t matter one bit…Only time will tell.

RDF is not content. RDF is an accessibility too.

RDF gives no special treatment. RDF doesn’t care if you’re parsing 99 on trash in Naxx or if you’re a somewhat fresh 80. Heroics are totally fine for a group of fresh 80. RDF just focuses on a queue - first come first served.

RDF does not generate more tanks, HOWEVER. what RDF does do is allows players to focus on ingame activities rather than sit and monitor chat, spam LookingForGroup channel. They can just play the game.

It is impossible to use 1/LFG channel without BulletinBoard addon. Anyone who states otherwise is a liar or doesn’t play Classic.

This is a good compromise thread.

TLDR - same realm queue lock for 20-30 minutes and then open it up for cross realm.
So if your own realm can form the group - cool. If it can’t, it opens up the possibility to play.

1 Like

How you figure?

I’m not asking for hard numbers because that won’t prove anything. But think about it this way. You have those that are super adamant about LFD. Then you have those that don’t want it. Then you have those that don’t care.

Being that LFD is additional cost on Blizzards side, they’re going to evaluate on how many potential subs they will lose if they don’t LFD. Know what this means? In Blizzards eyes, the people that don’t care and the people that don’t want LFD are on the same side.

So really, it’s the people that don’t care + the people that don’t want LFD … vs the people are adamant LFD. And from my experience on the 2 mega servers I’m on, anecdotally, the overwhelming sentiment is that people just don’t care. This also includes realm discords, gdkp discords, etc.

Agree entirely

Because anti rdf are catching on that the majority wants it. Don’t let them silence you and make a repost.

1 Like

Exactly the sort of socializations that Blizzard and the anti RDF crowd are hoping to nurture and coddle.

3 Likes

Makes no sense RDF isnt in the game.

4 Likes

This is gonna sound crazy guys but hear me out. Roll a tank?

See you in Wrath!

P.s. forgot to add! Make friends with a tank!

Oh I will. But I will also have DPS alts and I really want an enjoyable game across all my chars. Is that a problem?

Its only a problem if you make it a problem. I will be tanking dungeons for my friends regardless of their dps spec constantly.

well written OP, thank you.

1 Like

I like these compromises. They seem fair.

No to rdf.

RDF is 100% needed.

10 Likes

people posting anon have no value :slight_smile:

100% correct. I was exited to play retri but i will probably just roll tank the first weeks since there is no RDF, gatekeep to invite only clothies, roll on every piece of gear for all my other specs and HR every frozen orb since blizzard nor the anti rdfs seem to care.

1 Like