We need RDF for the health of the community - long

Blizzard, I’m begging you not to launch Wrath of the Lich King in its current state without RDF and here’s why.

Non META DPS will be in serious trouble, the spam will increase significantly and acquisition of Frozen orbs will be extremely frustrating.

Lets start with with non META DPS

DPS have always outnumbered tanks by a large margin and even though wotlk introduces DKs, many of them will choose dps roles over tanking.

Because tanks are in such high demand and there is no other way DPS can form groups without them, it will create a situation that will be detrimental to non meta dps as tanks will use the current LFG system to quickly select META dps that doesn’t compete with its own loot table. For example;

1. Paladin tank opens lfg menu. Grabs the first priest, shaman or druid healer he sees being careful to ignore any pally healer as he/she will need on paladin healing gear (tank may want a healing off spec kit)
  2. Now that the paladin tank has a healer, he can quickly scroll down the list and pick up 3 locks or boomkins bypassing all other dps classes (warriors that will need plate, 1 & 2 hand weapons. Rogues that will need dps necks/rings and 1 hand weapons. DKs that will need plate, 1 & 2 hand weapons)

I don’t know about you but as non meta dps this doesn’t sound like a good experience.

Spam

Remember how bad LFG chat was before blizzard nerfed boosting? It was post after post after post of mages and paladins selling boosting services. Legit groups never stood a chance as their posts would quickly be buried under a sea of boosting posts.

Now imagine how bad it’s going to be when tanks start selling tanking services to all those desperate non META dps who were bypassed by that paladin tank. It will make boosting spam seem like a relaxing Sunday drive in comparison.

Frozen orbs

Last but not least, frozen orbs. Frozen orbs are a guaranteed drop from the final boss in every heroic and is required for almost every single high end tradeskill craft. These crafts are sellable and are often best in slot. Because of this, these crafts will sell for a huge premium in phase 1.

So what does this mean for the current LFG system? It means tanks are going to reserve the frozen orb drop as part of the agreement to tank for the group. Just like how tanks reserved crusader orbs back in classic but on steroids.

Your group could say no, but then you’ll be stuck waiting even longer for a tank while that tank will instantly find a group that will give him the orb. So if you plan on doing any trade craft in wotlk and you’re not a tank, then I’m afraid you’re going to be SOL

TLDR

So to recap, the LFG system will give tanks a huge amount of power to select META dps or DPS that don’t share the tanks loot table, to sell tank services, and to reserve highly sought after crafting mats while the rest of us scramble with great difficulty to put a decent group together.

Does no one at blizzard see a problem with this? You’re removing RDF without implementing individual loot. You’re removing RDF while keeping some classes overpowered and highly sought after over others classes. You’re removing RDF without addressing the tank to dps disparity. And you claim you are removing RDF to “promote” community interaction?

Having no RDF will seriously hurt the quality of this game and will be detrimental to building a strong community. Wotlk will fail if it does not have RDF. If you’re concerned about the community, then make RDF realm only which is what I think is best.

TLDR to the TLDR

Put realm only RDF into the game

104 Likes

but along P2

1 Like

They will basically be forced to implement it due to popular demand, if not at launch at like p2

5 Likes

3 Likes

Even as a tank it can take +10 minutes to just form a group, followed by another 10-20 to get people in the dungeon itself.

I don’t like wasting half an hour each time I want to run a dungeon when the alternative would’ve been a 5 minute queue pop that teleports me and everyone else there.

As such, I do cherry pick who comes because I don’t want to run the same dungeon +10 times before I finally get lucky on a roll.

10 dungeon runs with 20-30 minutes to form them comes out to a few hours wasted just spamming LFG when you could be running dungeons instead or doing anything else productive.

Without RDF, there will be less people running dungeons in general and some classes/specs will struggle to get into groups.

21 Likes

The overwhelming vast majority (not even up for debate) literally want LFD, this LFG system they added is literally worse than retails in every way, shape, and form. They NEED to bring back LFD or Wrath Classic won’t even make it past phase 2 with a fraction of the players they could have with it.

25 Likes

Spot on and 100% accurate. OP is one of the good ones.

9 Likes

Oh yay another rdf thread woooooop

wonder if this one will make a difference! <3 <3 <3 Luf ya

how in the actual sh!t did this post get flagged

4 Likes

Uhm why was my post flagged? I spent like an hour on it today…

7 Likes

Brigading most likely

1 Like

Whats brigading?

Likely one anti RDF dude flagging it on a bunch of his alts

8 Likes

people ganging up to downvote, spam, or derail targeted things.
Basically the no rdf people spammed you with flags.

this is more succinct ^

5 Likes

How delusional are you pro-RDF people? You think people couldn’t possibly want the game as it was released?

It had RDF. Removing it is the change…

3 Likes

It had RDF in ICC patch. Adding it to release is the change…

4 Likes

I do want it as it was released RDF or not, though when ICC phase starts id like that to be released as it was with RDF in it.

Deal, add it in the ICC phase

2 Likes

You know that was in for half the xpac right, and the only reason it even came out that late is because it was in development

4 Likes