We need more for the high elf aesthetic

I said it was a blending of cultures. Not that they just became humans. That makes them different from their horde counterparts. They sit in this realm of having the culture of thalassians, while also adopting many human etiquettes and styles. How does that not put enough of a spin on them? I don’t get how you can’t see what I want out of that. No, I don’t want a copy-paste of humans, I want that mesh of their culture. The thalassians in the alliance army have literally been that. They adopt human/alliance themed armor when going into battle, have adapted their hairstyles, (Not presented in-game but there’s evidence to suggest) but have also given back to the alliance a little bit of Thalassian culture as you can see in many alliance settlements with their Thalassian buildings. You can even take a look at what I’ve done with my character for an example of what I’m looking for as I tried my best to create an alliance thalassian elf though not perfect with the lack of options needed.

1 Like

I never said they were humans, I said you insinuated their aesthetic resides with humans, which you’re essentially repeating now.

“I want that mesh of their culture” that’s basically just a different way of saying you want a Horde race, that simply plays friendly with the Alliance as stated earlier.

In the grand scheme of this thread - The arguments are meager or desperate at best. There are far more points to argue against it, than for it. Now in terms of player favour - the ‘Likes’ ratio throughout this thread also favour those against than for, especially in regard to the counter-arguments to the points you attempt to project forward.

7 Likes

You aren’t playing a high elf! Holy crap, when is it enough? I regret ever voicing any support for void elves getting regular elven customisations. This is just pathetic.

18 Likes

You don’t understand what is being asked for. Basically a demand to make High Elves a subrace canonically within the game. They gave us the options, but it’s not there yet. I am saying they need to go all the way.

There just aren’t as many people vocal about it. But there is still heavy, heavy support. Most of that support is found on their reddit pages. Very few actually use the forums. Again, there was a reason we got the high elf stuff before the void elf stuff. Clearly, the support is there or that would not have happened. This thread is just full of people who have bad blood with high elf posters because they have been everywhere and so they have become sick of them.

Anyways, a mesh of their culture isn’t just asking for a horde race. They give up a part of themselves and they adopt something new that the blood elves do not have.

But even if that was the case… so? Again, the whole reason people wanted high elves in the first place is just purely because they saw them in-game aligned with the alliance, saw they could not play them, and then set out to make it happen. Plain and simple. People just grew attached to seeing high elves in-game and fighting beside them as I stated before. And that is reason enough. They have been part of the game for a long time. Since classic really you see alliance-aligned thalassians. Classic, TBC, Wrath especially. You saw them in legion when they went to help the nightborne. They were there in BFA as well, though a smaller role. They were mostly in the background as support mages for the alliance military. But still, they were there. The fact players could see and interact with them has made this incessant need to play as them. And that’s what you don’t seem to understand.

1 Like

Oh, well when you put it as petulantly as that who could possibly disagree? :roll_eyes:

6 Likes

It is what it is. I’m not the only one with that sentiment. What is so wrong about that? Why are you personally so vehemently against players getting what they want? What does an alliance high elf do to hurt your enjoyment of the game so much? I ask you?

1 Like

Give the helfers an inch and they demand 2 AU in distance, it wasn’t good enough having the most options of allied races at the start so much that core races had less even after the big customization patch that was only recently rectified

It wasn’t enough that for years you had more than some allied races combined in options and choices

It wasn’t enough that when a patch came in to give other races some much needed love you all complained so much that you forced blizzard to give you even more effectively karening your way up the queue.

Let others actually get something and stop being ungrateful

23 Likes

It’s not about taking a mile. It’s about it not being finished. Leaving a waking void like that does not make anyone satisfied. it’s more like feeding a starving man a tiny scrap. It doesn’t help his situation. More like a tease. He’s still starving. His hunger is not filled.

IT is about taking a mile you are not high elves end of story period and discussion, you’ve gotten more than anyone else and yet you still complain.

Every other week the helfers complain about something go to the back of the queue there are so many other races that still need more before you come in for your 4th helping of dev time

22 Likes

Because I will say again… it’s not done. Don’t do something halfway. Finish what you started. I don’t see how you cannot understand why high elf players are unsatisfied. I cannot fully enjoy the experience, but I want to do so. What we have is nice, but it still feels very off. Why does it need to be like that? It simply doesn’t. They have all the power to correct this but instead just gave a half measure.

it is. it was always a troll thread/gaslight attempt. the post count gives it away as well

anyway ill bite too, because its always nice to expose the gaslighting

the canonical status of modern ‘high elves’

…high elf remnants have chosen to rejoin the Alliance in recent years, arriving to a cold reception.[2] Modern high elves are a rare sight, and are commonly mistaken for blood elves…

so untrusted but accepted as they are just a couple individual refugees and always mistaken for blood elves(most likely out of respect) but according to OP they are everywhere and a core alliance race. something doesnt add up

game itself on this very site informing players that in WoW high elves are blood elves

For thousands of years, the high elves of Quel’Thalas drew strength from the Sunwell, a magical font of arcane energies. An invasion by the undead Scourge decimated the kingdom’s population and deprived them of the Sunwell’s might. Taking the name blood elves – or sin’dorei in their own tongue –the people of Quel’Thalas sated their magical thirst for a time with demonic fel energies. Once the Sunwell was restored, the blood elves worked to rebuild their homeland and help lead the Horde into a bold future.

10 Likes

It is done let me break it down for you

You are not high elves

19 Likes

Because you are shifting the goal posts. People fought tooth and nail for high elven customisations so while they didn’t have the race itself, they could still look the part, RP if they wanted to. They got what they wanted. People rejoiced. And yet for some of you it’s still not enough.

You think things like this nonsense. It is done. It was done when void elves were added, because that’s the race they chose to give us, for better or worse. What we have now is more than done. It’s 1.5 of a race.

20 Likes

They are high elves. Just not the high elves with a hundred customization options, everything blood elf players have, and the ability to delete blood elves from the game like they want lol.

9 Likes

What they are is greedy and unappreciative

11 Likes

But they started giving us the options? Why give us the options? See, they STARTED giving us a taste of it. They went halfway on the concept of making high elves and giving us what we wanted. But then just stopped halfway through, dusted off their hands and said the job is done. But it’s not.

1.5 of a race? What even is that? Why make 1.5 of a race? Wouldn’t the sub race make more sense? What does 1.5 of a race do? Who is happy about that? Void elf players? They don’t care. High Elf players? They are just .5 of a race. How does that make them happy? Do you not get this?

1 Like

Because you weren’t happy with the 1.

9 Likes

Because the 1 is not what anyone asked for? Of course we were not happy with the 1. That is well within our rights to not be happy with that. It completely goes the opposite direction of what people wanted.

I’m sorry, but as a customer, I don’t have to just be happy and smile at everything they ooze out of their decrepit crevices. I have the right to be unhappy when they do things that I dislike.

We were given nothing of art dev time… it was essentially a switch. Void elves already used the blood elf rig. It was just a color palette swap. It actually takes very little time to do that. I promise you we stole nothing away from other AR’s. The reason the other AR’s take so long, and why we got things so quickly is because 1: Ours took no time to do, 2: other AR’s are getting actual new stuff and therefore take a lot of time and effort to make. Do you understand now? Good.

You were given multiple patches of art and dev time in new things while others suffered and the upgrades for the ones who only recently got new things still pales in comparison, you got given a bone to stop complaining so time can be spent as it needs to be elsewhere.

Again you are not high elves, I can put a Merc body on a gm chassis doesn’t make it a Merc it makes it a GM pretending to be a Merc

14 Likes

stop feeding. high elves have been playable since 2007 and everyone knows it

15 Likes