We LiStEn oT cOmMuNiTy FeEdbAcK! - The elemental Nerf no-one asked for

Hey, you leave my WW out of this.

1 Like

12-14% single target. This change pushes us basically to the absolute bottom of RDPS.

13 Likes

This is categorically false. The GCD was also affected by the stacks (for LB and CL). Meaning the GCD for those spells was also 0.6 sec.

1 Like

single target will prove to be about 18% and aoe depending on build once you have your tier before and after of near 40% based on early napkin math for a class that wasn’t going to be beating the big guys for output and has to carry more responsibility.

1 Like

That’s pretty hefty nerf. Was shaman that far ahead of everyone?

No, We were a solid A tier we were not an S tier class we are A tier because we brought good damage to the group and we bring plenty of utility.

1 Like

This is also false. It works out to be about an 11% ST nerf, based on what the sims are showing. And AOE is even less.

2 Likes

No. We were behind several RDPS specs and a ton of melee specs.

1 Like

Ah another patch where they slap Shamans once more.
Enhancement and Elementals are just being treated awfully every expansions and patches.

1 Like

imagine if the set bonus made LB and lavaburst just hit harder in the first place instead of relying on talents and gimmicks instead of actual class design.

3 Likes

I can’t get behind this logic I’m afraid, because even in that build, Ele was not even nearly the top APM (Actions Per Minute) spec. Specs like Fury Warrior, Havoc DH, Outlaw Rogue, Frost / Fire Mage & more are all significantly higher. And that’s the BASE SPECS - Ele only reached a relatively high APM level with a specific talent setup. Nobody is forced to use that talent.

2 Likes

I hate to be that person but at this point i feel like it has to be said, Can we just fire whoever is in charge of the Shaman Class, We have great thematic design.

The issue is whenever we get something great and everyone of us is in agreeance it’s great what happens is…

Said Class designer decides to take us out back like Ol’ Yella Fire a few shotgun shells, Toss us into the dumpster and then proceed to set the dumpster on fire.

Then once the Dumpster fire is over just to make sure we are dead they go and dig a big hole, Throw the dumpster with our charred corpse into said hole with 30 sticks of dynamite, Bury it and then set off the dynamite.

8 Likes

you actually think someone is incharge of us? Its just the leftover devs from other classes who want us to not be as good as everyone else, has been that way since vanilla.

Reducing the stacks from 20 to 10 is completely baseless and wrecks our M+ viability. Their reasoning for these nerfs is based around the machine gun build and they can “fix” that with just the stack refresh upon casting a new elemental.

Keep the stack at 20.

7 Likes

You’re not allowed to call tier sets borrowed power.

2 Likes

An 11% damage nerf and less in AoE doesn’t really seem like a game-ender, fire the developer moment.

i would rather they listen to months of the same feedback in PTR. This was intended based on the tier set bonuses…If you are playing it correctly you dont just spam LB endlessly @0.6s intervals otherwise the storm ele will despawn. You have to keep casting LvB and LvS procs as well as spenders (ES) to do maximal dps. You are playing it wrong and suffering a substantial dmg loss if you are just spamming LB @.6s intervals.
“This change is to address the craziness of the the 4set bonus.” This coming from a lock with how many different permanent pets? The whole intention of the 4 pc is to have a permanent pet, but it requires other things to keep it permanent.

They have lied straight to our faces implementing a change no-one has asked for while stating they listen to feedback and simply refuse to respond despite having 400 responses between then and now ALL OF WICH ARE NEGATIVE and it will be far more than 11% because Sim’s are not indicative of a real world environment where you are using those gaps created by high haste/reduced cast times to move and or perform other tasks.

This is something that sims simply can’t take into account as our interrupt isn’t on the GCD but DOES interrupt spell casting.

1 Like

I agree with you.

I honestly have NOT seen Enhancement go S tier or barely A tier throughout the entire expansion. And they were ALWAYS being altered down a lot or change values. Proccing makes no sense especially at this current retail contents. Totems are pretty much dead thing and people may disagree but I am not bsing.

Both specs are being treated like they don’t belong anywhere whether its’ casters or melee DPS.

But they said it was only for “accessibillity concerns”
So why should we:

• Take a 11% dmg done reduction due to accessibility nerf without compensation
  • Have our base toolkit nerfed because of a borrowed power?

You understand the frustration?
These changes won’t be reverted after the borrowed power is gone.

12 Likes