We like Faction Assaults. More?

I don’t speak for the entire WoW community, but from my experience and the players I’ve played with, I think its safe to say we like the Faction Assaults. The following covers why they are fun, how they play a role in Warmode. If you want to skip down to the “problem” with them. Scroll down to the bullet point.

The assault really brings out the world pvp we’ve been looking for in BFA. There are items scattered around the assault-related World Quests that can help you in combat. Most quests are fun and completing the entire 3 stages of the assault aren’t really time consuming.

“In comparison to Legion Assaults, Incursions (Faction Assaults) are a lot more simpler. There is no scenario at the end, and no need to wait in a queue. It can all be done completely solo.” -Wowhead

I have multiple characters. Legion Invasions were a pretty good way to level alts but after doing it many times on many characters really took a chunk of time and became tedious. Faction Assaults don’t feel tedious or elongated. The pace is fast and doing it in Warmode sets a “What could happen this time?” aspect to it. While the World Quests are the same on each alt you do them on. The PvP situation could be different. It could go like this: Do the assault on this character, only one enemy player attacked me. Log on to the next character, okay there’s a group of enemy players attacking at this World Quest, I’ll get a group together to take them on. If PvP isn’t your thing or you just want to get through the assault quickly, toggle off Warmode.

People are talking in the zone’s General Chat, saying where enemy players are, grouping up, helping out, etc. I don’t need a “raider. io” score to get into a group to do this content with. Its fun, and it really feels like the World of Warcraft I know.

• PROBLEM: I like the faction assaults. What I don’t like is the time(s) when they are active. There should be more than just 1 assault on a timer. This would allow more players to do assaults without their time schedule being interfered. Right now, the next Faction Assault will be available at 1:00AM(CT) tomorrow. What. This isn’t a problem for late night gamers or people in different time zones, but a lot of us are probably going to be asleep.

The game can’t conform to everyone’s time schedule, but more assaults would let a lot more players be able to… like… do the assaults at a convenient time for them.

5 Likes

(I also wish they had more experience, at least somewhat close to what the Legion invasions did. But alas… there’s no dice.)

6 Likes

I love assaults just because there are overlapping quests between horde and alliance and it’s a world pvper’s dream.

1 Like

It brings out the world PvP until more than 30 people start fighting and the server dies. Had a big battle going the other day and everyone was running in place and casting a spell every 10 sec or so. The WoW servers are embarrassing really

3 Likes

I do them with war mode off, I will admit. I like just breezing through.

2 Likes

Edit: Misread something but all good. :slight_smile:

Con’td post;
As for faction assaults? They are ok. I don’t quite care for them. They don’t feel interesting, they don’t feel fresh or new, it’s really something that I feel they tried the path of least resistance to not do too much but please as much people as possible since a lot of people I think didn’t like the end scenerios with others… specifically the Val’sharah one, ALSO grouping the quest spawns fairly closely.

The expansion just feels like a mini-raid, something quickly put together to tide over the people to when the next big bad comes along (Old Gods). All the systems, instanced content just made me think, ‘‘It’s ok, but they could of done so much more with this content’’. That’s just me.

They’re on a fairly active schedule. You can Google for BFA Assault Timers and it will list when the next one is active.

It’s annoying to miss one every so often, but I’m also okay with them not being up so often that it would become interfering.

They are good for gear. They are basically just emissary quests that have a short time window.

I do turn off warmode to do them since the two times I tried to go do them with warmode on there were 40 man alliance raids. So I just turn it off. Do the assault then turn it back on.

I wouldn’t say they are fun but good for gearing alts.

I’m sad there is no scenario at the end. I LIKED those. They were enjoyable and made sense in a sort of “Your world is being attacked, take out this major leader!”

I also like the rewards, it’s a nice slow build and gives the idea that we are battling each other.

3 Likes

I took it as “we” meant “the people who agree with me”, not the entire player base. As they clearly stated in the intro.

1 Like

I agree - faction incursions in war mode are probably the most fun I’ve ever had in the game, certainly since the beginning of BC. I love them! Plus, I don’t feel like I’m “wasting” time that I “should” be spending keeping my character’s gear up to speed, because they award Conquest in war mode.

And you’re right, the only down side is when I’m logged in and there’s no incursion up, it’s hard to get back to grinding. So yes, more incursions please! 2-4 times as many would be perfect. The interval needs to be a prime number, so instead of a 19 hour cycle, put them on a 7, 11, or 13 hour cycle. The length could be adjusted a bit if need be, but it would be nice if there was always or almost always one up.

1 Like

The assaults are okay once in a while. I don’t do War Mode so find all the people to be annoying at times. I would also like that there were be two assaults, one on each island at the same time.

I’ve found them to be 50/50 pvp. But just as pre patch was awesome for all the wpvp that went on, I’m gonna say it’ll fall off in another month maybe.

But probably will keep it high for leveling characters. Who knows

I find them super boring and haphazardly pieced together, like a steak that is 90% tripe, similar to what they serve at Dennys

I think you are wrong too, I just re-read it and it was regarding people he talked with regarding Faction Assaults… my bad. lol. Too many times on these forums this line gets muddled so I misread. I know he meant he wasn’t speaking for everyone so I just misread that first part of the post.

I love them. Blowing up the gate to Boralus with an iron star is the best thing ever. And the world pvp adds another enjoyable element to. Finally feels like we’re fighting in a real war.

1 Like

I kind of like them. certainly less annoying than legion invasions and it encourages fightin. still not enough to save this expac at least at this juncture.

Liked the legion invasions a lot more tbh. Legion felt a little more threatening to the world, than stupid humans, and orcs fighting a tired worn out faction conflict. Just my 2 copper.

1 Like

I like them so far, I’m still getting upgrades and that feels well worth it. I’m tempted to try them with warmode on…they look like they might be crazy but fun!

1 Like

Already boring with them after 70 times repeated for several alts. I gave up to torture myself. Beside, the loot seem worthless recently, it repeated to give all my alts same level azerite gear, shoulder, shoulder, head, head… sometimes even lower level items. Time to jump for new game, but there are nothing worthy in current market. I unsub and resub at least 1-2 times each month. I need something better, more eyecandy as in Legion.