We dont want LFD in wrath!

Umm… what?

I can only see what the streamers see. As far as I can see it looks like it works fine.

But without forming groups (to which you already admitted) how can anyone determine if it works?

1 Like

I don’t have beta access. Maybe ask someone with beta access?

YOU are the one who says it works and no one has tried it or even researched it so that’s why we’re bashing it, and then you turn around and admit streamers don’t use it to find groups, which dismantles your entire argument.

3 Likes

They say it sucks and has all the same problems plaguing TBCC, which anyone with some common sense knew would be the case.

3 Likes

I didn’t say it worked, I trust you understand nuance? or did you want me to say “I don’t know if it works because I don’t have beta access, but I saw streamers use it and they didn’t notice any bugs”

I’m 100% for making LFG better, I’m not for giving up on LFG and adding LFD.

1 Like

You say that it works fine, which implies that you’ve seen it make groups, but you just admitted that the streamers you watch don’t use it to form groups, which would then imply that it DOESN’T work fine because that is its MAIN function. It can’t even do that.

2 Likes

The tool works. You can list yourself, invite people through it, and get groups.

The functionality of the tool is fine.

It’s just an awful excuse for a replacement for LFD, and should have been released along side it, and not in place of LFD, because LFD does things that the LFG tool can’t and won’t match.

But the developers are stubbornly clinging to their view of how to remake Wrath better.

8 Likes

Gib LFD!

2 Likes

By that logic, TBC Classic’s tool works, too and we wouldn’t need a replacement.

It’s not about functionality - it’s about if people actually use it, which has been proven that not many do on the Beta.

1 Like

The Beta is highlighting why it’s a bad replacement for LFD.

The population is small, and it demands actively interacting with the menu in order to build a group.

I’m sure the thing will work fine on mega servers at launch. Good luck if you aren’t on one of those, or not playing a tank though.

Well, I mean, most of us knew that it was, with the exception of about 10 forum posters and Blizzard.

On the Beta, it can be a safe bet that a lot of dungeons would be run, which would be a perfect chance to test out the feature.

I’m not so sure. It’s gonna be like scrolling through LFG chat all over again.

2 Likes

Im in beta, new tool sucks and is inferior to RDF in every way.

9 Likes

I 100% agree with you and that’s why I think we should move forward with making it better, personally I would like to see changes to make it more like retail’s polished LFG where you have more freedom and options for your group. I think no one using TBC LFG because it lacks those options and freedom and it’s overly linear.

What options are currently missing?

You still spend more time forming the group and running to the dungeons than actually running them, its crap.

7 Likes

I’m currently at work on my phone but off the top of my head you can’t name your group you can only pick a pool of dungeons and look at people who are in other pools of dungeons. I would like to go to LFG and see Dungeons/Raids/PvP/Etc. which it does on Wotlk from what I’ve seen and then I want to be able to make a group and name it whatever I want under whatever dungeon I want to do. Ex: “LFM for Nexus Spam”, you can see what roles are currently in that group and when you mouse over you can see a note.

I use lfg on retail all the time and it works great? I find groups quick for whatever content I want to do

1 Like