We don't want flying

I have no issue with open world PvP for things like Tol Barad and Wintergraspe …

I used to que for both even though I was more PvE (and yes I play on the PvE servers)…

Why I never got into PvP is because of the PvP gear system that you had to REALLY PvP to get anything decent and once geared you were like a god in PvP which kept noobs from even trying.

They should have made it possible (with more time) to gear for PvP in the Open world PvP settings BUT Then this is all moot as tey almost seem to be doing away with PvP…

Since their storylines for keeping PvP going between factions is so lame to be laughable and both sides seem to have maniacal lunatics who need thorazine to keep them level I wouldn’t be surprised to see them try to remove it almost…

Blizz for a while has been trying to pigeon hole the Horde and “evil” monsters and Allies as the “good” guys when neither is either they both have different perspectives …

That is a constructive argument for flying, and I agree 100%.

1 Like

fair point

What are you talking about? I want the game to go back to the way it was in wrath, cata, and MoP. It was better designed back then. All of it. Classes, the world, dungeons, raids…all of it was better before WoD.

That was the horrible turning point.

4 Likes

^^^same^^^

4 Likes

you are basing this off of completion of an unnecessarily long painful rep gring achievement completion rate? Your methodology is hopelessly broken.

1 Like

That entire expansion was like that. It doesn’t stop people wanting it unlocked for gold for their alts. It’s not hard at 120. It wasn’t even hard at 100

And yet you’ll be here crying when they remove it

That works great when you’re voting on something. Not so much when you’re talking global achievements. Lets face it, the numbers don’t back you up so you claim irrelevance and try to invalidate them

It’s absolutely not irrelevant; and dismissing it is, in my opinion, a grave mistake because it tells you what the interest was at the time of the expansion. To me that has far greater impact in terms of the argument you’re trying to make than what you’re actually arguing. I understand that you don’t want to acknowledge that but I can’t possibly agree with such a flawed hypothesis.

1 Like

allowing you to run by mobs on your ground mount is refusing to participate and should not be allowed. That is not healthy for the game.

2 Likes

Seems it was’t working “fine” anymore then

You’ve been spying on me :rofl:

1 Like

Can you clarify what that means?

1 Like

People are way to attached to their pixels in this game. Blizzard knows that people will stay subbed and playing no matter what they do because people have invested time and money into this and don’t want to “throw it all away”

I mean, I did both. I canceled my sub both in WoD and Legion. Told them why when they asked in the little window they give you, and then spent the rest of my sub time on the forums sharing my feelings about what made me unhappy. It’s whats going to happen when this sub runs out as well. I’m only subbed cause a friend paid for it for a month for us to go fly around and do old content. I don’t even own BfA. So not everyone here is just a whiner who is throwing a fit and not doing anything about it. Some do also put their money where there mouth is and unsub as well.

7 Likes

boy·cott

/ˈboiˌkät/

verb

withdraw from commercial or social relations with (a country, organization, or person) as a punishment or protest.

You first have to prove intent of punishment. to make the punishment part valid. A consequence is not necessarily a punishment.

con·se·quence

/ˈkänsikwəns/

noun

a result or effect of an action or condition.

pro·test

noun

/ˈprōˌtest/

a statement or action expressing disapproval of or objection to something.

This is where you get closer but still does not fully apply.

As i do not care if my needs are met or responded to by what you call a “boycott”

Tell me if you think the following statements are true.

A game does something you don’t like,Therefor you quit = boycott
A game removes something you like yet another game has it so you simply move to that other game = boycott
You are bored of a current soda of your choice so you try a new one and it’s better than the current soda so now you no longer buy the old soda = boycott

If you think any of the above statements are true then you do not understand what a boycott is.

Boycotts usually have a few factors.

1.Enticing others to do something en masse
2. Making a pro/con argument with demands

I am a consumer. If blizzard does not make the game into something i want,or maintain something i like about it to give it the Value i deem necessary for whatever cost it is to me to play the game then i will stop playing the game,That is not a boycott,that is not me punishing them,that is them facing their consequences of their own actions.

if i end up quitting i will not make a quit thread,they have a marketing department,analysis department etc,they have professionals in those departments that will know why someone is quitting,via them asking surveys or emails or scanning what they think is a reason after they see X progress lines of code not met,whatever metric they decide relevant.

So i will not make a quit thread if i quit as i do not wish to tarnish the game or incite further negativity from my decision as it is not politically motivated.

just like recently a place i like to go eat stopped serving what i like,do i sit there and ask them why,demand they change or tell them i will stop coming? no because 1. they do not have a forum with this being discussed and 2. i can always find something i can enjoy elsewhere,same goes for games.

To boycott something takes more time investment then i am willing to invest. If i quit i would simply move on and not give it a second thought. No one is worth the amount of investment of time to get me upset enough to “boycott” something over an agenda/politics etc unless it is morally unethical to the 10th degree.

As for college campus style protests,it depends which you mean,you mean the ones on the news? like the eric weinstein thing? just a bunch of racist kids using outrage for the sake of outrage,using bullhorns to shut down freedom of speech in the name of freedom of speech,its ironic,they are idiots. they are parasites of the earth. they are not human nor will they get my social contract.

What i am doing is far from what they are doing.

If i have an issue with something that is not worth my time to change i simply walk away from it,My time to me is valuable. I can think of millions more things to do with my time than attempt to change a company/business/school that are more profitable emotionally and financially to me and my family.

2 Likes

I’m now imagining:

2 Likes

And yet you’re still here doing it

Remove flying and there will be many less PAYING to interact with the world of warcraft. I am sure that will be very important to activision shareholders.

7 Likes

Nope i don’t claim they are invalid,I claim they are not the full statistical picture. Big difference.

Nope wont be crying,I will be doing my job as a consumer and either hitting the sub button or wont,I wont be here making a quit thread for attention either. My time is more valuable than that and i would never want to adversely affect a business with a negative thread for the sake of negativity. I have more respect than that.

Actually it does stop people,and you can use just myself as an example,i refuse to do it because it is of no use to me compared to the gold i can make in the time to do it,the mere fact i exist with the opinion i do invalidates this claim.

But i do agree with you it is not hard,but i can spend 1 hour of my time i enjoy farming gold to do that a day or i can get gold. Rather get gold while the market is where it is and people are buying mostly the thing i am farming.

Right but we have different developers with different design ideas. What it was then isn’t what it is now. In some ways that’s regrettable, but flight isn’t going to fix what’s wrong with this game. Maybe eventually this dev team will be “reassigned” and we’ll find out whether flight comes back at max for gold or not

1 Like