We don't even want cata!

I wish there was an official poll. I don’t want cata. I want SoD to last forever. I want them to stop wasting time with blunderstorm. I don’t think I’ll even play the new retail expansion. I’ve always given the new expansion a chance but sod is so good I won’t bother with retail this time.

1 Like

What’s the point of wrath servers

I don’t get it either. It would be my version of hell to play the same video game forever. A couple of years at most and I’m ready to move onto something new.

I want cata

5 Likes

I want Cata. It’s fun.

4 Likes

Ya except they did numerous surveys indicating people do want Cata.

5 Likes

I did, I did since classic WoW became a thing I waited patiently for this moment and I hope to see MoP Classic too, then they can skip WoD and do Legion Classic and end there.

Wouldn’t mind if they end it at Cataclysm or MoP, Both Cata and MoP would be a good end for Classic in my opinion.

Then in the future they can make TBC/WOTLK era servers if they see a huge demand for them.

1 Like

Okay but, unholy gets necrotic strike so i want cata.

2 Likes

Nobody’s going to play Cata Classic.

2 Likes

I won’t be playing Cata. I didn’t enjoy it the first time around. But I have no problem with Cata servers. I just don’t understand why people who prefer Wrath cannot have Wrath servers. If the playerbase is as large as they are claiming, there should be room for both.

3 Likes

I absolutely want cata, it’s 1 of my fav expansions. I played through vanilla and all the expansions. It’s not my absolute favorite, but it’s up there.

4 Likes

Because the vast majority of WoW players never go onto the forums not even once.

They have a level 80 and play Wrath a lot. Very clearly they want to keep playing Wrath. Classic WoW world still exists in Wrath. In Cata, the Classic world gets destroyed. Cata isn’t Classic.

And with the way things are going. I hope each and everyone of you really likes MOP. Cuz Cata will be gone very soon and will be replaced by MOP. Just as TBC went away and Wrath is going away.

Cata has more in common with retail than it does with Classic though. Cata will turn into MOP very soon though.

Lots of people will play Cata. They are going to delete every single Wrath server just to make sure that you play Cata.

2 Likes

“Classic” doesn’t just and only mean the world itself as it exists. There is so much that differentiates the games. Arena, tier tokens with multiple classes on them, both factions having access to all classes, hero classes, RDF, guild banks, balanced specs so hybrid classes aren’t shoehorned into healing and only healing because they can’t compete with true dps or true tanks, flying without flight paths, multiple raid sizes and difficulties, honor system changes from set ranking up and decay to a point accumulation system, dual spec, and more that I haven’t listed.

Those are changes that happened between vanilla to LK in the original releases, I included nothing from the classic versions that made more changes.

Your entire stance is “People can level in Silverpine from 10-20 instead of 10-16 and then coming back at 20 so the game is now changed too much.”

It’s an absurd opinion and I’m tired of pretending like it has any value. It doesn’t. These zones aren’t relevant in any regard to TBC or LK, just old tedium to get through to access the current expansion.

The fact that you are basing whether a game is “classic” or not off of this sole change and NOTHING ELSE, only further proves that you lack a fundamental understanding of this game.

Sure, you can feel like it’s too different, you can hold that trash can opinion, but to pretend like this is some set in stone line drawn in the sand that differentiates “classic” and “not classic” is a braindead take that only forum alts who hide their mains will say.

It’s amazing how you people never actually talk about gameplay changes, and only superficial changes. It’s almost like you don’t even access the parts of the game that require knowledge and skill, and only exist to talk in barrens chat.

My point proven. Worgen/Goblin, LFR, transmog, are the only things retail still has from cata, nothing else (excluding dated and dead zones that haven’t been relevant since cata). Cata plays closer to LK than it does to MoP, but you wouldn’t know that because you’re just blatantly spewing a trash can opinion based solely on nothing but your feelers alone.

Go back to your 6 HC 60 Paladins and 4 HC 60 Rogues. You never shut up about how much you love classic era but here you are, once again in the LK forums spewing word vomit.

9 Likes

Millions of people want cata, EU is a better and larger region, NA has thousnds of people with the cata packs

cringe forum dwellers that have 20 alts that are weridos “don’t want cata” go away you people are annoying and what makes classic cringe toxic community.

6 Likes

So is cata the last expansion for classic?

What’s stopping blizzard from then releasing pandas?

I’m hoping they do release MoP. I didn’t care much for WoD but I liked Cata and MoP better than vanilla. I also liked BC and wrath better than vanilla.

2 Likes

Why not just play retail then?

1 Like

In retail the vast majority of players play the most recent expansion. If all I wanted to do was quest alone I could just play retail but MMO’s need a significant number of players to do dungeons and raids. In classic you have a crowd traveling with you from expansion to expansion.

Good news, there is an uninstall feature where you don’t have to play Cata, see Cata or even accidently click play Cata.

2 Likes

I’d love to see your data and analysis for this. Please do share, we’d all love to know how you came about these numbers. I’ll wait…

4 Likes