We don't even need RDF lol honestly

I don’t get why this is a “Hot topic”. People will try to justify the change any way they can. When emotions get too involved with your logic, you’ll make poor judgement.

What about the world? Stop being so dopamine hungry for more more more more more. Just go fly to the dungeons. Flight paths?? heck yea ill go spend 5 minutes making a sandwich and stretch.

We need players to chill and stop racing towards their dopamine high so bad. Kick back relax and just farm away. Developers listen to the players but you are the judges. You get the final say. People think they know what they want but not really. It’s all up to the game devs to make a final choice for the game.

16 Likes

I have had 0 issues finding groups as long as I’m patient. If I want to run the dungeon, I’ll put in the effort to find a group. Or make friends who run dungeons.

I’m not certain why RDF is a hot topic either, as any issues related to No-RDF are going to be similar to RDF. DPS takes too long to find a group? RDF was the same way. Don’t want to look for a group? You must not want to run the dungeon that bad. Is RDF more efficient for finding a group? Sure. But it seems that the focus of the classic servers is the communities being built, or encouraging people to play with friends. Eliminating RDF does that.

5 Likes

Get a guild
Find a group that wants to run
Build continuity

Its better than being attached to random people that leave after getting their BiS drop or are terribad

5 Likes

This is a game. There is no “need” for anything.

Just happens to be the fact that RDF was added in WotLK and the full reason I skipped Classic and TBC.

25 Likes

I don’t really care all that much for those things at the top level, my main concern is having people interested in doing all levels of content. If you think you can put together a level 27 Razorfel Kraul dungeon run a year and half into WoTLK without cross-server instancing then you weren’t here for it in the original Wrath and you aren’t in TBC right now.

11 Likes

We need RDF because otherwise the sweaty players will gatekeep every non meta class and spec, just like they have been doing since Classic started in 2019.

29 Likes

No one is preventing you from making in game friends to run with.

Straight Outta Mists of Pandaria with this level of chill. Its like you’re the Pandaren telling everyone to slow down.

1 Like

No one is preventing you from making in game friends to run with if RDF is added either.

21 Likes

It’s just the latest outrage, much like dual specs in TBC or AV in Classic.

2 Likes

It’s not supposed to be a single player game. RDF was the beginning of no longer needing others. It was not good for the game’s social aspects, and it appears that that’s what the Classic team is trying to fix.

Sweaty players gatekeeping non-meta? They’re FIVE MANS. Seriously? 3 monkeys a tank and a healer can clear dungeons. Even if they follow through with the buffing of them, you still need VERY little for the completion.

The lower level content MAY be a concern, but at the same time, even with RDF, low-level content was a concern. Outside of the start of an server, low-level content is always difficult to get a group for. It’s just how it’s always been. People would rather quest/grind than spend an hour in a low level dungeon because they’re awful.

2 Likes

If someone came into TBC with an expectation of dual spec being added. That’s on them. It was fairly reasonable to expect WotLK to have RDF, considering, WotLK had RDF.

20 Likes

Blizzard has never once removed it from any expac since RDF was added. They are not fixing anything.

9 Likes

Which is a contradiction to what they claim to be a reason for the removal of RDF.

2 Likes

No it isn’t. We’re playing Classic and we embraced #SomeChanges. Everything is on the table now.

When I was first here, playing Classic, people asked for RDF.

The reply: “Retail ------>” or “wait for WotLK”

WotLK is not Classic.

10 Likes

No, but Classic Wrath is Classic Wrath, which means no RDF.

So I hear, which is why my sub is canceled until Classic Wrath has RDF. /shrug

5 Likes

You’re confusing classic with vanilla

1 Like

If you say so.

I am not confusing WotLK with anything but WotLK though.