We did it! 2h frost!

And it doesn’t mean they will. This could be it, frost with a 2h like people were asking for. Because “who cares about balance”. It’s going on right now with DW unholy and the same thing is being said.

2 Likes

No, it’s not. We were allowed to get all artifacts for our class for gameplay purposes. There is a difference.

Your inability to understand how the transmog system works (or how it’s simply another part of gameplay that doesn’t really have any bearing on this conversation) is not my problem.

I must disagree. This holds true for certain artifacts of other classes, but not really Death Knights. They’re runeblades (and a runeaxe), there’s really nothing about them that really screams “X SPEC ONLY” aesthetically. Some of the appearances even fit other specs more.

I can understand the argument on design if we hadn’t drained them, as they had specific powers that certain specs control better than others, but they’re just weapons now.

This isn’t something I’m super passionate about so I don’t really care if they do or don’t lift the restrictions, but I do find less restrictions to generally be a good thing.

6 Likes

Agreed.
The Death Knight weapons, or at least certain tints and variations on them, are pretty general to the class as a whole in my opinion in terms of aesthetic design.
Only a few are really iconic to a specific spec design-wise.
And since we’ve drained them, it may make sense to open it up.
If they don’t, it’s fine. There are plenty of other nice 2-Handers to mog on my Frost DK.

2 Likes

it is, explain how i have all artifacts in one character

prove there is a lore source saying you didn’t, cause everywhere, adn every class hall only have one leader, adn that is you, you as the leader, grabbed all the artifacts

if it was for “gameplay purposes” this is also a gameplay purpose to soo, so your point still is invalid

Then again, artifacts are just mere pieces of junk now, and since then, should be able to be transmoged by any spec within the class, your inability to understand the simple fact that the class iself got all the weapons and thus, should use their appearance as he he please is not my problem

An, you could simple chose to not transmog pal

2 Likes

Actually, each of them rather distinctly speaks to its respective spec, both in underlying lore and in appearance.

This is one of those things I doubt they’re super-interested in, for the lore reasoning I gave before.

Because imagine Blizzard telling people they had to pick one of 2/3/4 specs to play for 2 years, with no opportunity to swap.

Sometimes sacrifices are made for gameplay. This was one of them.

If we wanted to give everyone everything they wanted “cuz gameplay”, this game would’ve gone down the pipes long ago.

Is this particular subject detrimental? Nah, it wouldn’t hurt anything. It just doesn’t sit in line for how artifacts were designed.

Give me an actual lore source that says you did aside from gameplay mechanics justifying allowing you to play more than one spec on one class for 2 years.

Trying (and failing) to replicate my statement isn’t making your point any more valid.

If implemented, I would transmog it. That doesn’t mean I feel it’s justifiable to do what you’re asking.

Every time I log onto my dk in 8.3 I get sad. Look how they massacred my boy. HP values are about the same as they were in MoP to give you an idea.

1 Like

And there was a stat squish. Soon to be a level squish.

? What’s your point. It’s just easier to see how much they have changed frost dks damage source/output due to 8.3 HP being roughly the same as MoP. The spec went from a slow movement/huge crit killing machine to a slow movement, aoe enh shaman. The playstyle in PvP is totally different and I’m really not a fan of it.

luckily they doubled obliterate’s damage on the alpha so that gives me some hope they will bring the spec more in line with how it played in its history. If we are gonna stay this slow our damage has to be spikey. That was always the tradeoff.

3 Likes

Yet this is what people want to go back to with unholy presence and DA. So were they really slow?

And you can get over 100k crits with frost right now and it’s not from corruption or essences.

The health pools don’t matter. It’s just that the damage isn’t where people would like it to be and it’s not unique to the death knight class.

obliterate hits for jacksh*t in 8.3 and that is why they doubled it on the shadowlands alpha.

kelliste you don’t pvp so why even talk about it? The health pools do matter because it shows how much they have changed frost DK. This is my DK. All I do right now is transmog runs because of how much they’ve butchered it. Atleast in old raids I can use my 2h.

2 Likes

And to your point about presences. People want them back because they are cool and thematic, and there was no reason to get rid of them. Hell go through Naxx military wing and tell me DKs shouldn’t get their presences back.

2 Likes

You’ve got my interest, how? The highest I’ve gotten Oblit to crit is around 60k, and that’s with an absurd amount of buff juggling on an NPC.

PvP crits are pretty gutted, so I don’t even think that’s actually possible.

Tested now without raid buffs/debuffs, I’m hitting at most 40k oblits and that’s with Worldvein and a str pot.

EDIT: oh ffs are you talking about Cold Heart? That tickles people in PvP.

3 Likes

you have no answer, just assumptions, all right

there is no sacrifice for gameplay here

this is not “give everything to everyone”, you are extrapolating things with a straw man

This is letting the hero and the leader of the class order use his weapons as appearances as he please as the damn legendary hero he is

This is nonsense because artifacts are gone, we are not using then outside of our spec, we are just using their appearance as token for old times sake.

That is not how it works, you made the claim first, prove it its just gameplay.

But just for an amusement, the classhall only have one leader, the one who lead the class order, and have the title

there is nothing saying you can only get one, since by lore all of then were picked, and by lore only the class leader can use then, and there is only one class leader.

As for the lore source, here:

The Ebon Blade will serve as the Lich King’s arm as long as the Scourge is confined to Northrend. In return for our assistance, our ally has offered to assist in obtaining powerful weapons for the strongest of our knights. Weapons powerful enough to end the Legion once and for all!

See? weaponS, for THE strongest

isn’t to make more, cause is already valid enough, is just to make fun

that smells like hypocrisy

4 Likes

Did my post say obliterate or pvp?

You were responding to someone speaking about PvP and Obliterates. Please don’t troll.

I like to believe that one day, one glorious day, I will stop taking the bait. Today was not that day.

2 Likes

They already explained why it was done for gameplay reasons, so you aren’t stuck in 1 spec the entire expansion. Seriously you keep doing this, asking for proof and it’s already been presented to you.

Weapons for the strongest of our knights, not the strongest knight. There is a difference between those 2 statements. It means that weapons are going to be collected for the strongest knights of the order.

What lore are you referencing? You mean gameplay so the player isn’t locked into a single spec for the entire duration? How is that simple issue not apparent to you? It’s clear as day. Sometimes you might have to go blood for grasp for certain fights, and if they limited classes to only get 1 artifact, and no other weapon drops, this would be an impossibility. It was done entirely for gameplay reasons.

Wow, called out and you want to say I’m trolling. The first paragraph that I responded too was talking about the playstyle fantasy with one sentence about the pvp playstyle being different and how they are not a fan of it.

They then talked about obliterate damage being doubled and how it is going towards the direction of bringing back a playstyle that people enjoyed in the past.

They said that frost was a slow moving huge crit killing machine and how it wasn’t that anymore, which there are abilities that frost has access to that can crit for over 100k.

And I’m trolling… seriously.

Just finished reading through this entire forum post. Maybe the reason you’re catching all the flak that you are is because you present your arguments in a negative and combative light. There are others in the same post, making the same arguments in a civil manner. No one is going to care if you’re right when you’re giving off that vibe. It’s your presentation that sucks, not your feedback.

6 Likes

I coomed :heart_eyes: