We did it! 2h frost!

Exactly. I was reading one of the posts in the feedback section. 85 procs of killing machine when DW in a 12 minute span, and only 22 procs during the same window for 2H.

That is extremely troubling. I encourage everyone to voice this concern. Make them see the problem at hand.

5 Likes

Speak for myself what? I don’t hate 2h, nor do I hate DW.

What are the variables?

• two DW hits for every one 2H hit
  • weapon speed

I think they already have a proc per minute type of normalization, can they not simply apply that?

To make it easier, just have the abilities proc off the main hand weapon? Then, wouldn’t that be just double the proc rate and normalize for weapon speed with the ppm?

I believe that it was during ?Cata? where they made it so that Killing Machine proced off of off-handed attacks. This would be my guess as to why it was procing far more often than 2H. Yes, weapon speed could also be apart of this. If they changed it so that off-handed attacks didn’t proc, we would see maybe 1-5 more procs than 2H (in theory, not tested).

1 Like

I think there is more to the story here as my quick math doesn’t quite add up to what was found in the test, but was pretty close:

Two weapons with a 2.6 second attack speed hit 46.2 times per minute.

One weapon with a 3.6 second attack speed hits 16.7 times per minute.

If KM procced 15% of the time (just a guess, this is crit+KM proc rate), over 12 minutes that would be:

DW: 83.1
2H: 30.0

Not exactly what was reported, but close. So it would seem to me that simply increasing the proc rate overall, adjusting for weapon speed and only proccing off the MH might go a long ways to fixing it, but it is not the whole story.

2 Likes

Kalrell is the one who posted about it. Here is the link to the discussion if no one has read it.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/feedback-death-knight-class-changes/490709/10?u=vit%C3%A1lus-tichondrius

It just seems to me that this thread has more back and forth about who wanted 2H and who didn’t. We know who those people are. It doesn’t matter anymore. What does matter is getting these numbers closer together. Hopefully more testing and videos can be documented. We need more information or we will be in another BFA situation.

1 Like

PPM and base weapon speed is used to get a proc chance per hit, but now it’s a chance per auto crit. It was 22% per hit for DW and almost 30% for 2h.

So now that it’s a chance on a chance, 2h is just going to fall further behind. DW has more chances to crit, and with there being more chances to crit, more chances for the possibility to get KM. Its actually worse now with the change to how KM procced than before.

It also procced off of off-hand hits in Wrath. It’s just that much worse being based off of crits now.

Cant they just add a modifier so attacks with 2h do more damage so it equals out?

2 Likes

For the KM proc difference? Make DW only proc off of main hand to actually normalize it, increase the chance to compensate across the board to bring it up to levels DW was seeing before or whatever levels they want it to happen.

They tried the damage increase in Cata, didn’t work out either.

I just hope they change it up. Frost felt too much like enhance to me from legion up. A bunch of little damage sources adding up.

I want old frost back of destroying things with giant obliterate hits.

2 Likes

They can do that with numbers tuning easily. What has to happen now is the shift from external systems and the power returning to the spec…

More people like abilities doing the damage than not. People that played DW in MoP hated it because you ignored an entire aspect of the spec.

Take the wrath approach and modernize it, removing differences between weapon choices so you use what you want and you aren’t stuck in any one box. Tune numbers later to bring ability damage and you have a spec the majority of people will enjoy.

2 Likes

Thank you so much for that tip. I hope discussions can get more productive again!

Awesome. This pro tip was used by myself as well, thanks!

Bring back MotFW and give 2H the ability to runeforge two runes. Or hell give all 2h DKs the ability to runeforge two runeforges. Would make some interesting combos for all specs and sub specs of dk.

2 Likes

Just make one runeforge specifically for two handed frost, and combined fallen crusader and razor ice. easy peasy lemon squeezy.

6 Likes

I am still staying 1h duel frost dk, good for you though

please no lol

please yes, the restriction was dumb anyway

7 Likes

Why not? Why’s it a problem to use the very cool UH sword models as a Frostie? Please god don’t say “lore”.

I completed the challenge regardless, what’s it matter what spec I’m in? Seems silly.

6 Likes

Tbh the rbg appearance for unholy is amazing looking for frost thematically

1 Like